Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon/Shield + Claw/Claw PvP Kicker guide - Final version!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by chaos9, Feb 2, 2004.

1. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

Agreed. It does make much more sense to figure out what it takes to hit that magic number 60 and not waste additional points.

I understand the apparent benefit of maxing dflight. However, assuming that the target has max block (and they all do), this means that you are only hitting with your dflight 25% of the time. Seems like this would make a high level dflight much less efficient.

You bring up a good point about fade. I think I will need to go somewhere in between 1 point and maxing. Becuase I don't have anywhere near the gear you are talking about yet, I may put 5-10 in it for now.

I guess I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that people would complain that you were using venom in duels. I meant that most of the sin players on this forum would complain that your guide shouldn't have suggested maxing venom because they won't agree with you. There seem to be a lot of people here than think venom is worthless for pvp.

Ultimately, I agree with you that maxing venom seems to be worthwhile (especially for those of us chosing not to put more than 1 point in dflight because we can spare the points). The damage may be fairly small, but every little bit helps. Besides, not everyone will have high poison resist.

Okay, but without synergies, your maxed LS isn't going to do enough damage to be worth much. If you duel in one of those leagues with rules, then your suggestion makes sense. For those of us who stay in public games, everyone is going to use stacked resist and absorb. My initial point was that without synergies, your traps will be great for stun-lock but not effective as killers.

It seems to me that it would be more effective to put 1 point in WoF, maybe 1 in LS, and then put 10-20 in Mind Blast.

Of course, because I am making a variant of this build that will only duel casters, I think I can safely avoid a heavy investment in traps. 1 point in ls or WoF will get me the stun-lock and save points for other things.

Regarding blade shield, I had never thought of this before. It sounds great, but I wonder why nobody else seems to use it. Certainly worth some testing!

Good point. I haven't ran into the gear limitation yet because I have been using dual bartucs. However, the damage issue is certainly relevent. I wonder what the optimal combination is. It seems like having at least 100-150 in str is going to be necessary. I am glad I saved up those 30 skill points rather than putting them all into vitality!

Thanks for giving me so much to think about (and now go test).

2. eclipsedk

eclipsedk IncGamers Member

Even though targets will have 75% blocking they wont while running, they will be down to 1/3 of 75%. And now that the DF bug has been fixed you should have great opportunities to hit with it. The fact that most opponents have to move to get close to you makes you able to flight and send in the initial attack with good possibilities of hitting. Let's assume 2.5k damage, and 500 poison damage plues the 100% open wounds, this is even after the PvP penalty quite alot of damage from just the initial hit.

About fade, yes if you can't get your hands on the stuff i mention i understand why choosing to max fade, but then again, i didn't have in mind doing a mediocre build ;)

I know that many people disregard venom as useful for PvP, but aftre trying it out for some time i got to like it actually, it helps puching the damage a bit higher. Ofcourse the venom points could be used for a trap synergy, that's all up to you.

It's true that the damage will only be in the 1-5xx area, but as i think i mentioned earlier in the guide this isn't intended to duel in pubbies. In pubbies every one can absorb away and the fact that lightning/fire/cold can be completely countered gives LS little advantage yes. So if you like pubbies i suggest pumbing that mind blast.

LS can actually be a very efficient killer if you are skilled in doding and know how to run around a druid/barb etc. It takes some time but that's basically your only option even though it aint easy.

True ;)

I tested it some, so far it seems to trigger effects from all weapons and all types of effects, though im not sure on DS/CS with it.

Currently i think my C/S kicker has ~160-180 base strength (not entirely sure on this) and she's doing ~1.4k damage fully equipped. (though she's still lacking gear)
    My C/C kicker does ~1.1k dmg atm and she neither is 100% equipped.

If you find out something that hasn't been revealed during your testings do feel free to post it here, every little piece counts :xgrin:

3. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

A few comments/suggestions(comments in italics):

1) 3. Advantages
    3.1 Weapon/shield build
    - Capable of 75% chance to block when standing still. and walking(is it viable in PvP, or a non-option?)

2) Damage of dragon talon is determined by the formula

Minimum Damage=(str+dex-20)/4)*(100+skill_bonus)/100 + BootMinDam*(100+str*StrBonus/100+skill_bonus)/100

Maximum Damage=(str+dex-20)/3)*(100+skill_bonus)/100 + BootMaxDam*(100+str*StrBonus/100+skill_bonus)/100

Might be helpful to have a link to jrichard's Kicking Basics sticky, to explain the various terms in the formula. The formula in your guide is also a bit outdated(the second instance of "skill_bonus" was changed into "skill_bonus" + "off_weaponED" to minimize confusion between the two instances of "skill_bonus".

3) DTalon weapon choice: Small mention of Fleshrender as perhaps a leveling weapon or a mini-Fleshripper without slow?

4) Blade Shield - 0-1 point
    Most people don't pay this skill alot of attention, but it's actually quite a powerful skill even at low levels. IT has the same attack speed and range as the weapon you will be carrying. Besides this it is able to transfer

Open Wounds
    Chrushing Blow
    Elemental Damage
    Magical Damage
    Poison Damage
    +X% Chance to cast X on striking
    +X% Life Leech
    +X% Mana Leech

This is a mean of gaining an extra chance to trigger the effects above, this is especially useful if you get passed by a barbarians whirlwind where you aren't able to attack due their hig hhit rate. The blade shield passively checks for chances to trigger f.x. poison and open wounds. Blade shield can be blocked though and requires 3 extra skill points spend, so you have to make up your mind about this.

Actually, BShield's speed is locked at 25 frames(i.e. it damages/triggers effects once per second), regardless of weapon speed/BoS(which is good if you're using a slow weapon), and its range is locked at 6(the range of the longest weapon, 4 yards), regardless of weapon range(which is good if you're using a claw).

Also, BShield doesn't trigger anything in the above list, except Magical/Poison/Elemental(it also triggers 1/4 the physical damage of your weapon), and leech. It does
    not trigger OW, chance to cast on Striking, or CB. It does trigger DS, but that's about it.

Might be helpful to put a cautionary note for those going for BShield without a lot of +Trap skills, as it gets pretty irritating re-casting BShield every time its short duration runs out.

4. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Is there anywhere to get some dual claw ias tables for whirl wind on chaos? I assume since your C/C version uses chaos that you will be useing WW as well.

5. eclipsedk

I seem to have forgotten that little piece, thank you :thumbsup:

Please do correct this to
    - Capable of 75% chance to block when standing still and walking.

Please feel free to update my formula, i took it from the old thread about kicking jrichard wrote :) And add this little text string below the formulaes.

"If you want the formulaes explained in detail i refer to jrichard thread about kicking, it can be located at Kicking Basics."

I'll add that one, guess i left it out :) Update on that one will come later.

Oh i see my bad, i was under the impression that blade shield triggered OWs, i thought that since it seemed like that to me. My mistake ill correct it asap with all the other stuff too.

TOO ALL PEOPLE: Be aware of the effects of blade shield which naliworld mentions above

6. eclipsedk

The IAS table for WW with claws is the same as for whirldwind, consider your two claws as swords.

But no, i dont use the chaos WW when wielding it, the damage of the WW is too inferior compared to DTs. The reason i would choose a chaos claw would be the high magical damage which cant be resisted and the 25% OW mod.

7. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Done. :)

Naliworld

8. Skythe

Skythe IncGamers Member

i'm not sure if its been mentioned before, but crafted blood belts with dex?

that wasnt possible in 1.09 and i'm pretty sure it still isnt. str can be higher than 20 too, up to 30

and: very. nice. guide. !

9. eclipsedk

Thanks once again Nali :)

I'm not entirely sure on this, im not the big crafted. So you're probably right, i just assumed that the belts could have dexterity mod since it's such a common mod. Think this should be looed up :)

10. Skythe

Skythe IncGamers Member

thing is, there is still no affix for dex on belts (lod). neither magical nor rare ones

Dexterity - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows, Gloves, Rings, Body Armor, Boots
    Skill - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows, Gloves, Rings, Body Armor, Boots
    Accuracy - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows, Gloves, Rings, Body Armor, Boots
    Precision - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows, Gloves, Rings, Body Armor, Boots
    Perfection - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows, Gloves, Rings
    Nirvana - Amulets, Bows, Circlets, Crossbows

and as its no fixed stat on blood belts either, its impossible ;)

30str are possible because i got one with 28

11. eclipsedk

Thanks alot for the info :) I'll update it with all the other stuff.

12. chaos9

chaos9 IncGamers Member

Well that sucks! I was looking forward to trying it out. I sure am glad I read this before wasting any points on blade shield though.

13. eclipsedk

That's for sure, it was a mistake by me, i'm sorry about that :/

Well potentially it could be nice, though. Wielding chaos or some other high magical damage wepaon would result in a nice initial poison + magical damage attack. Not that bad. But without the OW it's not that much worth.

14. WTFisITtoU

WTFisITtoU IncGamers Member

Just my 2cents from experiences with my pvp kicker.

Venom is indeed a worthwhile skill to max, as said before not every one has max poison resist, and perhaps the fact that you have venom may have forced your opponent to sacrifice some gear in order to max this resist.

Dragon Flight does a lot of damage, particularly against fast cast sorc, it shouldnt be underestimated. Another time I remember this skill being particularly useful is when employing hit and run tactics to slowly chip off your opponent's hp, works very well against smiters whom if you try to talon them you will get owned hard.

Cloak of Shadows is a skill that many people glance over or use just for its blinding capabilities, but have people actually contemplated maxing this skill? At high levels it doubles your defense, but more importantly severely cripples your opponent's defense. Yes it applies to only base defense which means barbs and pallies are rather unhindered, but other classes are left with something like 100-200 defense which is almost nothing. Arguing this though, I have come to realise that if you have maxed talon and have ravenfrosts on you will probably hit these other classes anways. Lol ye so I basically contradicted myself, but hey maybe I shed some light on this skill.

Traps with no synergies is good for stunning but thats about it o_O

I dunno if you have thought about using Azurewrath, I mean it gives +1 skills, a potential 10 to all stats and very high magic dmg, I mean what more can you want. Also Metalgrid is a very nice ammy to boost AR, provide high resists and a little bit of defense. It does lack skills but if you have problems hitting barbs and pallies, then the extra AR can be a much greater use than higher talon dmg.

Yer I'm done, very nice guide, I really liked the grading of weapons and armour, a bit of PVP advice would be nice though. I really need help against necros, ww barbs and smiters, the only possible way to win against them is to stunlock with traps or hit and run. Necros are particuarly hard, not because of enigma but for some reason I find I hit a lot less and bone spirits and spears and uninteruptable or something. A possible ww/kicker hybrid might have a better chance, and seems to be more durable, maybe I'll make one :D.

15. SeraphicShade

SeraphicShade IncGamers Member

Is everyone blind?? These "Shadow Dancer" boots....b.net says they're ladder only...do you all play ladder or something.....or just the creator of this guide.....or are Shadow Dancer boots in the normal game? Is it worth me waiting for the ladder to be over to get them, or shoudl i make a ladder char just to collect it....or is it really a normal item? What should i do? Can someone help me?

16. eclipsedk

I agree fully with you on this, venom is indeed a powerful skill.

Agreed once again ;)

I have had alot of thoughts about CoS actually and chose to leave it as a "1 point wonder" for numerous reasons.
    1) Even though it can double your defense at high levels it still wont leave you with more than 3k defense, which any decent PvP char should easily get a 85-95% chance to hit versus.
    2) There are lots of other stuff you'd have to leave out if maxing this skill (minding the kicker build)
    3) Yes, it can cripple the defense, but even so kickers have loads of AR, or atleast, my kicker has. My kicker as no extra ordinary AR gear and she has 12k+ AR atm (and still lacks some better rings/amu etc.)
    4) Yea you contradicted yourself there a bit, but anyways i'm sure this could be of use for a WW sin, since they are left with pretty low AR.

I dont agree with you fully on this. I will use lightning sentry for this example. I agree that traps do substantially less damage than with synergies.

A level 20 Lighting Sentry with +4 skills (+2 amulet, +2 andarials visage) and level 1 death sentry synergy does 1-584 lighting damage.
    After PvP penalty 0.5-282 lighning damage
    After 75% Lightning resist 0.125-73 lighning damage
    Average of 36.56 lightning damage
    5*10 shots = 1828 lightning damage

A level 20 Lighting Sentry with +4 skills (+2 amulet, +2 andarials visage) and level 20 death sentry synergy does 3-1565 lighting damage.
    After PvP penalty 1.5-792.5 lighning damage
    After 75% Lightning resist 0.375-198.125 lighning damage
    Average of 99.25
    5*10 shots = 4962,5 lightning damage

So a non-synergized LS does 63,17% less damage than a synergized. Even so against classes like barbarians and druids it can still be very powerful just for chipping off their health, i know that traps are easily countered in public but while in "private" duels where huge absorbs aren't allowed it can be very useful.

However im puzzling of the idea to use a maxed MB instead and level 1 traps, as this would grant far better stun locking (better time to get hits in). In this gap you might be able to deploy hit and run with open wounds, the fatal part in this is that barbarians and druids tend to have very high defense and therefor be harder to deplot hit and run tactics against, as you wont be hitting successfully each time.

I have just added this to my "list to add to the items" after i read this from you, it occured to me that azurewrath indeed can be very powerful, socket this sword with an Um rune and you have an even better chaos claw ;)

Thanks for the nice critics, they were helpful. The tactics will come soon, im getting in progress with them ;)

Regards eclipsedk

17. eclipsedk

No, none of us are blind (i surpose).

Yes, shadow dancers are ladder only. But as i wrote in the guide there are other options of obtaining boots. You have to use myrmidon greaves class for maximum damage, but these can be rare/crafted too and have even better mods than the two unique i mentioned.

Well i was with no stuff on ladder in the beginning, then i made a ladder mf sorc, started collecting stuff and voila suddenly i had a pair of upgraded goreriders. Those aren't too expensive, even for ladder beginners. And i traded some old non-ladder stuff way for extra ladder stuff so now i got shadow dancers too etc.

If you wanna duel on non-ladder before the ladder is reset i advice using a pair of rare myrmidons greaves with +run/walk on them, the strength requirement is indeed higher but you will have that kind of strength too (as a minimum) if you want decent damage.

Another options is this formula

Safety Boots
    Magic Myrmidon Boots
    Ort Rune
    Perfect Emerald
    Any Jewel
    + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist + (5-10)%
    Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2)
    Damage Reduced By (1-4)

These can be quite powerful too.

Regards eclipsedk

18. eclipsedk

EXTENSIVE UPDATE ON THE GUIDE
    Below I have update the entire guide, hopefully naliworld will copy paste it soon and remove the two new posts below :) The things that has been changed can be found in the list below.

Added: Items > Helms > Guillaumes Face
    Added: Items > Weapons > Fleshrender
    Added: Items > Weapons > Azurewrath
    Added: Items > Amulets > Metalgrid
    Added: Items > Boots > Crafted 'Safety boots'
    Added: Section > Thanks to > Naliworld about bladeshield info
    Added: Section > Thanks to > Chaos9 for thoughts on fade
    Added: Section > Thanks to > Skythe for info on belt mods
    Added: Section > Why max venom
    Added: Section > Maxed mind blast or one maxed trap
    Added: Section > Why not max fade
    Added: Section > Equipment socketing
    Added: Section > I want to duel on non-ladder now
    Correction: Description > Section > 9.6 > Strength distribution
    Correction: Description > Section > 10.6 > Strength distribution
    Correction: Description > Items > Belts > Crafted blood belt > Removed dexterity
    Correction: Description > Items > Boots > Rare Myrmidon greaves
    Correction: Description > Section > 10.7 > Malice
    Correction: Description > Section > 1 > Changed Intro text
    Correction: Description > Section > 9.3 > Blade shield
    Correction: Description > Section > 10.3 > Blade shield
    Correction: Section > 5 > Updated jrichard link
    Correction: Section > 5 > Updated formula for dragon talon kick damage

19. eclipsedk

Weapon/Shield and Dual Claw kicker PvP Assasin

Patch 1.10

1. Introduction
    1.1 Abreviations
    1.2 I want to duel on non-ladder now

2. Breakpoints

3. Advantages
    3.1 Weapon/shield build
    3.2 Dual claw build

4. Disadvantages
    4.1 Weapon/shield build
    4.2 Dual claw build

5. Explanation and clarification of dragon talon

6.1 Open wounds
    6.2 Deadly strike and critical strike
    6.3 Crushing blow

7. Mercenary selection
    7.1 Leveling your mercenary

8. Equipment introduction
    8.1 Equipment socketing

9. Weapon/shield build
    9.1 Martial Arts Tree
    9.2 Shadow Disciplines Tree
    9.3 Traps Tree
    9.4 Skill/builds summary
    9.5 Leveling advice
    9.6 Stat point distribution
    9.7 Weapon
    9.8 Inventory
    9.9 Equipment/build summary

10. Dual claw build
    10.1 Martial Arts Tree
    10.2 Shadow Disciplines Tree
    10.3 Traps Tree
    10.4 Skill/builds summary
    10.5 Leveling advice
    10.6 Stat point distribution
    10.7 Weapons
    10.8 Inventory
    10.9 Equipment/build summary

11. Why not max fade
    11.1 Weapon/shield resistances with low level fade
    11.2 Claw/claw resistances with low level fade
    11.3 Conclusion on fade

12. Why max venom

13. Maxed mind blast or one maxed trap

14. Thanks to

1. Introduction
    Hello, I'm eclipse from the european realm. Since the first day of LOD I have fancied assasins, one of the reasons I fancy assasins so much is the fact that they are very versatile and can cope with almost any situation. I wrote a guide for a dual claw assasin in 1.09 but since the new patch have hit the realms alot of changes have happened, both good and bad.

One of the main differences in PvP is the fact that leeching has been nerfed to 1/10th of the amount it was back in 1.09. So now the days of the superleeching chars, that would return to full health after one success full shot is over. Also the cap for physical damage reduction has been changed, so that all chars now can have a maximum of 50%.

In this guide I wont be taking in perspective any of the rules from the different dueling leagues that are out there, due to the fact that the rules are very different from league to league. What I will be taking in perspective is what is bad manner and not among common duellers, some things can be discussed wether they are bad manner or not. If a such item is available to this build I will notify about this and leave the decision up to you and those you duel with, DON'T come telling me that I encourage bad manner, because I'm not ;)

A last thing to mention is that I have orientated this guide toward ladder play with concern of the items, if you want to duel on non-ladder I suggest you should read section 1.2 where I have made a more detailed description about equipment for non-ladder.

Enjoy the guide.

1.1 Abreviations

Allres - Resistance to all
    AR - Attack Rating
    ATDo X - Attacker Takes Damage of X (in integer)
    BM - Bad Manner
    BoS - Burst of Speed
    CB - Crushing Blow
    CBF - Cannot be Frozen
    CR - Cold Resistance
    CS - Critical Strike
    CTB - Chance to Block
    DF - Dragon Flight
    DS - Deadly Strike
    DST - Death Sentry Trap
    DT - Dragon Talon
    EIAS - Effective Increased Attack Speed
    FBR - Faster Block Rate
    FCR - Faster Cast Rate
    FHR - Faster Hit Recovery
    FPA - Frames Per Attack
    FPS - Framer Per Second
    FR - Fire Resistance
    FRW - Faster Run/Walk
    IAS - Increased Attack Speed
    LL - Life leech (in percent)
    LR - Lightning Resistance
    LS - Lightning Sentry
    MA - Martial Arts
    MAX - Maximum Damage
    MB - Mind Blast
    MDR - Magic Damage Reduction (in integer)
    MIN - Minimum Damage
    ML - Mana leech (in percent)
    Mods - Modifiers
    OW - Open Wounds
    PDR - Physical Damage Reduction (in percent)
    PR - Poison Resistance
    PvM - Player versus Monster
    PvP - Player versus Player
    RepL - Replinish Life
    R/W - Faster Run/Walk
    SM - Shadow Master
    SD - Shadow Disciplines
    WB - Weapon Block
    WoF - Wake of Fire
    WSM - Weapon Speed Modifier
    WSM - Basespeed

1.2 I want to duel on non-ladder now
    After having seen several posts about people being a bit confused about what to do when they are 'stuck' on non-ladder where neither Shadow dancer or upgraded gore riders are available i thought of adding this section.

First off i should say that the kicker build wont be as effective with semi good boots, however the damage will be the same. You should look for myrmidon greaves, these are the determining factor. Your options to gain a pair of decent kicking boots are these.

1) Look for 'white' myrmidon greaves and have them imbued by Charsi with Act I quest 5, you might just get fantastic mods.

2) Look for rare myrmidon greaves and hope for great mods.

3) Reroll your rare myrmidon greaves for better mods with either of the following recipes.

3A) 1 Perfect Skull + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan = 1 High Quality New Rare Item of the same type
    This formula has the possibility of creating a higher quality Rare Item than the following formula. ilvl = int(.66 * clvl) + int(.66 * ilvl) That is, the ilvl will be equal to .66 times your clvl (rounded down) plus .66 times the input item's ilvl (also rounded down).

3B) 6 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item = 1 Random Low Quality Rare Item of the same type
    You can use this formula to get another chance at a Rare Item of the same type. ilvl = int(.4 * clvl) + int(.4 * ilvl) Player level matters. This formula will not work on items larger than 3x2.

4) Craft for a nice pair of myrmidons greaves with the following recipe.

Safety Boots
    Magic Myrmidon Greaves + Ort Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel
    + (10-30)% Enhanced Defense
    Fire Resist + (5-10)%
    Magic Damage Reduced By (1-2)
    Damage Reduced By (1-4)

5) Upgrade a pair of nice greaves/war boots to myrmidon greaves with the following recipes.

5A) 1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor
    The item type is upgraded.

5B) 1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor
    The item type is upgraded.

2. Breakpoints
    Breakpoints are the thing that determines your speed of performing an action, the amount of times you can manage to cast a spell or perform an animation is determined by

(25 frames/second) / (frames/animation) = animation/second

So if you take 11 frames to complete an animation you can do

(25 frames/second) / (11 frames/animation) = 2.27 animation/second

Faster Hit Recovery for assasins
    This is the amount of frames it will take for your character to reach "upright standing" position after having recieved a succesful hit.

0% - 9 frames
    7% - 8 frames
    15% - 7 frames
    27% - 6 frames
    48% - 5 frames
    86% - 4 frames
    200% - 3 frames
    4680% - 2 frames

I suggest heading for either 48% or 86% depending on your choise of equipment.

Good means of gaining FHR
    ED/FHR jewel - 7% (per jewel - Don't use a jewel unless it has other good mods)
    Shael rune - 20% (per rune)
    Bartuc's Cut Throat - 30% (per claw)
    Crafted belts - 10, 17 or 24%
    Shadow Dancer - 30%

Faster Cast Rate
    This is the amount of time it takes your character to complete a spell casting, the higher the amount the faster you'll cast the spells.

0% - 16 frames
    8% - 15 frames
    16% - 14 frames
    27% - 13 frames
    42% - 12 frames
    65% - 11 frames
    102% - 10 frames
    174% - 9 frames

The only good sources for the assasins are these
    Ring - 10% (per ring - Preferably with leech on too, leech is more vital than FCR)
    Amulet - 5-20% (A good one would be +1-2 skills, +7-20 FCR, +leech, +stats these are very rare)

Faster Block Rate
    This is the rate at which you will block attacks, the more attacks you're able to block per second the less times you will get hit during a fight.

0% - 5 frames
    13% - 4 frames
    32% - 3 frames
    86% - 2 frames
    600% - 1 frame

There aren't really any good sources of FBR for dual claw assasins except for Guardian Angel, but this armor is only good use vs. elemental attackers it's no use searching for FBR if you're dual claw wielding.

Increased Attack Speed
    All weapons have a basespeed, depending on the basespeed they will require a certain amount of IAS to reach their maximum attack speed. Below is listed the most common breakpoints for achieving maximum kicking speed.

WSM [-30] Slvl 1 BoS + 19% IAS
    WSM [-20] Slvl 3 BoS + 29% IAS
    WSM [-10] Slvl 2 BoS + 40% IAS / Slvl 4 BoS + 29% IAS
    WSM [0] Slvl 5 BoS + 40% IAS / Slvl 9 BoS + 29% IAS

For further breakpoints I refer to fuzzbox IAS table located at http://www.diabloii.net/characters/assassin/ias.shtml

Blocking
    For blocking with a shield the total amount of blocking is determined by

Total Blocking = (Blocking * (Dexterity - 15)) / (Character Level * 2)
    Blocking = A total of the Blocking on all of your items. (e.g. the shields base chance to block)

For blocking with weapon block the blocking percentage is determined by the skill level and is not altered by any sources of 'increased chance to block' like amulets, eld runes etc. The breakpoint for weapon block is listed below.

Weapon Block Level - % Chance to block
    10 - 50%
    15 - 55%
    19 to 20 - 57%
    21 to 22 - 58%
    23 to 25 - 59%
    26 to 30 - 60%
    >30 - 61%

This guide is optimized for using 60% chance to block at all times when using dual claws or 75% chance to block when using shield.

3. Advantages
    3.1 Weapon/shield build
    - Capable of 75% chance to block when standing still and walking.
    - Easier to gain resistances.
    - Higher damage than dual claw build.
    - 50% PDR is easily obtained.
    - Lots of weapons to choose from.

3.2 Dual claw build
    - Capable of 60% chance to block when stading still and moving around.
    - Can block almost any type of attack, including elemental/magic attacks.
    - Easier to gain higher open wounds.
    - Higher amount of life than weapon/shield build.

4. Disadvantages
    4.1 Weapon/shield build
    - Reduces blocking to 1/3 of the maximum when moving around.
    - Lower amount of life than dual claw build.

4.2 Dual claw build
    - Maximum of 61% chance to block if the gear shouldn't be sacrificed.
    - Harder to gain resistances.
    - Lower damage than weapon/shield build.
    - Hard to obtain 50% PDR.
    - Less weapons to choose from.

5. Explanation and clarification of dragon talon
    There is alot of talk about what dragon talon does and doesn't to sum it all up and clarify it all read this section.

Dragon talons maximum attack speed is 7 frames for the initial kick of 7 frames. After the initial kick each subsequent kick reaches a maximum speed at 2 frames.

When determining the speeds for dragon talon and dual wielding claws, you should use the average WSM of the two claws. So if you have a WSM -30 and a WSM -10 claw, you will have an average of [(-30)+(-10)]/2 = WSM -20. The IAS on the secondary claw isn't added to the other IAS you have from equipment.

For each 6 levels in dragon talon you will recieve 1 extra kick, so level 6 is 2 kicks, 12 is 3 kicks and so forth.

The effects are transferred to dragon talon attack:
    Open Wounds
    Chrushing Blow
    Elemental Damage
    Magical Damage
    Poison Damage
    +X% Enhanced Damage (only non-weapon)
    +X% Chance to cast X on striking
    +X% Life Leech
    +X% Mana Leech

The following modifiers is not transferred to dragon talons attack:
    Deadly Strike
    Critical Strike
    +Max Damage (both on and off weapon)
    +Min Damage (both on and off weapon)
    +X% Enhanced Damage (only on weapon)
    +X% Chance to cast X on attack

IMPORTANT NOTICE: When dual wielding claws, the only effects that are transfered to the kick are those of the right hand claw (your left, the assasins right hand). Effects on the secondary claw will NOT be transfered to the kick.

Damage of dragon talon is determined by the formula

MinDamage= (str + dex - 20) / 4 * (100 + skill_bonus) / 100 + BootMinDam * (100 + (str * StrBonus / 100) + skill_bonus + non_weapon ED) / 100.

MaxDamage=(str + dex - 20) / 3 * (100 + skill_bonus) / 100 + BootMaxDam * (100 + (str * StrBonus / 100) + skill_bonus + non_weapon ED) / 100.

This equation needs to be worked left to right following the mathematical order of operations. Drop decimals when you get them from division.

If you want the formulaes explained in detail I refer to jrichard's thread about kicking, it can be located at http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=127905.

Here’s the list of boots and their damage:

Name mindam maxdam StrBonus
    ------------------------------------------------
    Leather Boots 3 8 120
    Heavy Boots 4 10 120
    Chain Boots 6 12 120
    Light Plate Boots 8 16 120
    Plate Boots 10 20 120
    Demonhide Boots 26 46 120
    Sharkskin Boots 28 50 120
    Mesh Boots 23 52 120
    Battle Boots 37 64 120
    War Boots 39 80 120
    Wyrmhide Boots 65 100 120
    Scarabshell Boots 60 110 120
    Boneweave Boots 69 118 120
    Mirrored Boots 50 145 120
    Myrmidon Greaves 83 149 120

An excel chart for calculating damage can be found at http://www.diabloii.net/cgi-bin/dow....161/loaded/diablo2/utilities/dragontalon.zip

6.1 Open wounds
    In patch 1.10 open wounds have changed alot, so far its causing ALOT of pain and drains your life very quickly, I suggest utilizing this, and i'll do that later on in this guide.

Open wounds causes the player affected by it to loose life for a given amount of time, it works far better than poison as it can't be resisted. The only way to reduce the effect of opwn wounds is to use health potions or replnish life. As replenish life would take insane amounts to counter a high level open wounds, health potions are the only way. And in PvP health potions is BM, so there is basically no way of countering the effect of open wounds in 'legit' PvP.

The player affected by open wounds loose life according to this formula

Duration: 200 frames (8 seconds - There are 25 frames per second).

Samples of damage.

Clvl=1-15: 25*(9*Clvl+31)/256
    Clvl=16-30: 25*(18*Clvl-104)/256
    Clvl=31-45: 25*(27*Clvl-374)/256
    Clvl=46-60: 25*(36*Clvl-779)/256
    Clvl=61-99: 25*(45*Clvl-1319)/256

Clvl 10: 11.8 per sec over 8 seconds for a total of 94.5 damage.
    Clvl 30: 42.6 per sec over 8 seconds for a total of 340.6 damage.
    Clvl 50: 99.7 per sec over 8 seconds for a total of 797.7 damage.
    Clvl 70: 178.8 per sec over 8 seconds for a total of 1430.5 damage.
    Clvl 90: 266.7 per sec over 8 seconds for a total of 2133.6 damage.

The damage is divided by 4 for a player target. In addition, for a missile versus a player target one should divide the damage by 8 instead. Versus bosses and champions (could be just bosses or special bosses) the damage is divided by 2

All items with open wounds have a percent chance of inflicting it with every hit. Like poison, it is not stacked, but reset with each new successful hit and triggering.

So as you see the open wounds can very quickly drain a players life, this makes it very useful vs. all classes as they can't just run if they get affected but have to stay and fight in order to leech the life back.

6.2 Deadly strike and critical strike
    Deadly strike and critical strike both have a chance of triggering a double damage effect. The deadly strike effect is applied after all other damage bonuses. Critical strike and deadly strike exclude each other.

The formula of dealing double damage with deadly strike and critical strike is:

Chance of double damage = CS + (DS/100)*(100-CS)

Let's assume you have 33% DS and 68% CS, the calculation will look like this

Chance of double damage = 68% + (33/100)*32%
    Chance of double damage = 68% + 10.56%
    Chance of double damage = 78.56%

In all 78.56% and NOT 101% as the two factors added will give.

But since this is a kicker build it wont be nessesary to get DS or CS gear, since DS and CS DOES NOT work with dragon talon.

6.3 Crushing blow
    This is a chance of reducing a monster's health by X% in a single blow.

Default: 25%
    vs. Players: 10%
    vs. Hirelings: 10%
    vs. Champions, Uniques, Bosses: 12.5%
    with missile weapons: 6.25%

The life removed is also scaled with number of players. So that if a monster has 450% more life due to 8 players (or whatever the value is) the life removed is further reduced by the same amount (450% would equal multiplying by 4.5 so the life removed by Crushing Blow is divided by 4.5).
    Physical resistance does apply to Crushing Blow damage, but only if the resistance is positive. Crushing Blow Items stack in most cases. Crushing Blow is calculated after your normal damage. So, after doing the damage that you would normally do, there is a chance you will reduce the health of the monster by X% after that. If you have more than one item with Crushing Blow, the probabilities will be added together. There will be one random check for a Crushing Blow. There is no check for each separate item, so one can not get multiple Crushing Blows in one attack.

Chrusing blow can be very deadly when doing exp runs and leveling you character, it's very vital to you in order to level your kicker build, no matter which you choose.

7. Mercenary selection
    Mercenaries is a very good idea to use if you're planning on leveling alone and questing to gain the extra bonuses from these. When choosing a mercenary you should be looking for the following factors for a kicker.

- Crowd control
    - Damage
    - Meat shield/distraction

Basically there are two types of mercenaries in the short run that makes a good choise for a kicker. Act I Rogue Scouts and Act II Desert Mercenaries. One could augment that act III or act V mercenaries could also provide this, but I have the following augmentation that these do not provide the suffice amount of help that you're searching for.

Another thing to be aware of is the fact that no mercenary will last long in nightmare/hell if they aren't equipped very well. They must be heavily equipped in order to survive and be of alot of use.

Act I - Rogue Scouts
    These are really great in the beginning, granted at a low level they can add alot of help. You should equip them with some of the following equipment.

Helm - 2/3 sockets helm, socketed with +20 poison or +max jewels.
    Armor - 3/4 sockets armor, socketed with +20 poison or +max jewels.
    Bow - 3/5 sockets bow, socketed with +20 poison or +max jewels.

The only downside about these archers is that they wont last long beyond act II, they have a high tendensy of getting themselves into trouble and dying. Therefor i suggest using them to aid you leveling/progress to around act III and the ditch her for an act II desert mercenary.

Should you choose a rogue as a mercenary i suggest choosing a cold arrow rogue and equipping her with some of the following gear.

Helm - Vampire Gaze / Stealskull / Crown of Thieves
    Armor - Shaftstop / Duriel's Shell
    Bow - Windforce / Eaglehorn / Any decent high damage bow

Act II - Desert Mercenaries
    These are the best mercenaries in the long run, they provide all the things you're searching for provided you equip them well too.

Might Aura (Offensive) - This mercenary can seriously pack a punch, at decent level and equipped with a nice weapon he can easily solo small groups of monster which is very nice while you're handling other buisness, like another group. His might aura gives a small boost to your kick damage but it's not alot, only in the 200-300 range.

This mercenary should be chosen to have a tank and a fighter.

Holy Freeze Aura (Defensive) - This mercenary isn't packing as much damage as the might aura, but he gives you great advantages versus large groups. The holy freeze aura really gives you some more time to react, which can be really nice, like when you're being mobbed by 10+ monsters. Besides from this he can also kill fairly quickly with the right weapon.

Equipping an Act II mercenary isn't very challenging nor very expensive, i suggest the following gear. It's listed in an order of preference with helm and armor, the weapon is up for you to decide since there are so many nice ones.

In the beginning i suggest giving your merc a 'low-level' elite polearm socketed with 'Honor' (Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol). This should help him alot staying alive.

Helm - Vampire Gaze / Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest / Crown of Thieves
    Armor - Shaftstop / Ethereal Duriel's Shell / Duriel's Shell

Good weapons of choise
    'Crescent Moon' (Shael + Um + Tir)
    Use an elite ethereal polearm for this, REALLY packs a punch.

'Honor' (Amn + El + Ith + Tir + Sol)
    Use an elite ethereal polearm for this, REALLY packs a punch.

Tombreaver - Cryptic Axe
    Ethereal version has unbelievable damage.

Bonehew - Ogre Axe
    Ethereal version has nice damage, not as good as tomb reaver.

Viperfork - Mancatcher
    Insane speed, not superb damage.

Act III - Iron Wolves
    They provide crowd control through cold, but they are required to hit their target in order to make any crowd control and they usually get them selves into trouble. The damage is quite low too and in hell the cold duration wont be very long. Overall a bad choise.

However a lightning type mercenary could be an option as the damage can go alot higher than cold damage, look below.

Should you choose a such mercenary anyway for whatever the reasons might be I suggest equipping him with some of the following gear and choose a lightning mercenary.

Helm - Grisson's Eye / Harlequin's Crest
    Armor - Shaftstop / Skin of the Vipermagi / Duriel's Shell
    Sword - RW Crescent Moon

Act V - Barbarians
    True meat shield with lots of health and damage but they provide nothing but a single target damage and in hell they wont last for a minute versus a crowd of monsters.

Should you however choose a such barbarian i suggest using some of the following gear.

Helm - Vampire Gaze / Stealskull / Crown of Thieves
    Armor - Shaftstop / Duriel's Shell
    Sword - The Grandfather / Doombringer / Honor / Upgraded swordguard / Any decent high damage sword

7.1 Leveling you mercenary
    Some of the best places I've found to level my act II mercenary are these, all are in hell mode and level 41+ mercenary.

Act I - Countess runs / Black Marsh
    Act I - Pit runs
    Act II - Canyon of The Magi

Hope this helps out choosing YOUR mercenary, because all mercenaries can work well. It's all about equipment and playstyle.

8. Equipment introduction
    With patch 1.10 came alot of new items and runewords, also came the 50% PDR cap in PvP. This brought along alot of new perspectives to the assasin builds, especially with open wounds, chrushing blow etc.

I will be doing a rating of the the equipment i mention during this section and a summary in the end where I mention the 'optimal' setup. After the name of the item there will be a X of 5 grade, this grade determines the usefulness of the item. The grades are these

0-1 = Absolutely the last resort, don't use this item unless you really have no other options, won't provide you very good usefulness but a slight amount.
    1-2 = Has minor mods that are useful, don't use this unless you haven't got anything better.
    3-4 = Has fair mods, provides a good amount of usefulnes but can be better.
    4 = Quite good item, provides alot of good mods and is very useful in combat.
    5 = The best item you can get for the purpose.

I won't be mentioning the exact stats of the items, but only roughly go over the stats if they are important in the decription of the item.

Another important perspective in the equipment is mana leech, in order to be able to kick and cast spells at all times, you will need mana. Without mana you're basically screwed, so you will need one or multiple sources of mana leech. I suggest atleast 10-20% mana leech in order to have a 'healthy' mana supply.

8.1 Equipment socketing
    When sockting your equipment be aware of the facts written in section 5, which types of modifiers work with dragon talon and which that don't. Below I have listed some useful options for socketing your equipment.

Um
    Very useful rune, one of the best for this build. In a weapon it will add 25% chance to inflict open wounds and in a non-shield piece of equipment it will add 15% resist all. In a shield it adds 22% resist all.

Cham
    If can afford a such rune you can socket it in a non-weapon piece of equipment to gain CBF. This will leave room for another ring which can - with the right mods - be more powerful than ravenfrost.

Jah
    Expensive rune and powerful too, in a non-weapon piece of equipment it adds 5% maximum life which is very useful to you.

Ber
    Not the most useful rune of them all, the 8% PDR is hardly needed and the 25% CB will only be useful for leveling and there are cheaper means of gaining CB for leveling. Useful for claw/claw build to squeeze the last bit of PDR needed to reach the 50% PDR cap.

Shael
    Useful for obtaining breakpoints to reach 7/2 FPA. The FHR is hardly needed as there are other means of gaining this, than to waste a socket.

Cold/Lightning/Fire Rainbow Facets
    Completely useless, I only put them in here to say that lightning facets do NOT add to trap damage neither does the fire facets.

Poison Rainbow Facets
    Potentially of use, they can beef up the venom poison damage a little bit but not alot. If you use a couple of them they can give a nice little boost, many small rocks make a mountain you know.

ED jewel
    Hardly useful, but if you can get ED/STR jewel these can boost the kick damage a little bit. Hardly worth using a socket on unless it's a rare jewel and has other nice mods.

IAS jewel
    With extra mods on these jewel they can become very powerful. Mods like AR/resistances etc. are very useful mods on this kind of jewel, good for reaching the 7/2 FPA breakpoint if you're using fade.

Helm

Vampire Gaze [15-20% PDR 6-8% LL 6-8% ML] - {Grade 3/5}
    Very nice helm, first of all it offers some of the mana leech you'll need in order to keep the mana supply high. Secondly it has life leech and PDR. This helm combined with stormshield provides the 50% PDR you'll need. A good choise of helm, perhaps not the best.

Harlequin's Crest [+2 Skills, +1.5 Life/level, +1.5 Mana/level, 10% PDR, +2 all stats] - {Grade 4/5}
    Another very nice helm, the skills aren't that important unless you are dual claw where it would benefit the shadow disciplines and weapon block skill. The extra life and mana is a godsent, but they aren't fatal. This is the helm you would want to wear vs. characters where you wanna keep the distance and use traps, also it's highly adviceable vs. casters since you wont be needing any excessive PDR because they are using elemental attacks.

Andariels Visage [+2 skills, 20% IAS, 25-30 strength, 8-10% LL, 70% PR, 10% MAX PR, -30% FR] - {Grade 5/5}
    Awesome helm, probably one of the best. It has +2 skills, IAS, LL. The only downside of this helm is the -30% FR, but if you're able to make up for these through other gear, this is one of the main helms you'd want if you're able to get ML through other means than helm, f.x. rings/amulets.

Stealskull [5% LL, 5% ML, 10% IAS, 10% FHR] - {Grade 2/5}
    This could be a poormans vampire gaze, it's not the best helm you can get your hands on, but it's better than none. I would suggest this helm as a last resort if you aren't too rich.

Crown of Thieves [9-12% LL, 25 Dexterity, 50 Life, 33% FR] - {Grade 2/5}
    A great helm actually, many nice bonuses, this might be the poormans andariel's visage. Has almost similar stats. A good option if you're a little poor.

Crown of Ages [+1 Skills, 10-15% PDR, 20-30% allres, 30% FHR, 1-2 sockets] - {Grade 5/5}
    Probably the most expensive of the mentioned helms. Many people cry out that this is the 'über' helm and THE helm. I disagree with them on this. Yea sure it's a nice helm, but really, andariel's visage beats it anytime of the day. The resistances can be made up for quickly through charms, and the 20-30 extra resist all would only benefit you in hell. I have given it grade 5/5 due to the fact that it isn't completely useless.

Guillaume's Face [+30% FHR, 35% CB, +15 Strength] - {Grade 5/5} (For leveling purposes only)
    This is probably the most awesome helm for a kicksin when you're leveling. The 35% CB is simply an amazing add to your kill speed. Therefor it recieves the high grade, it has absolutely no use for PvP purposes, so don't eve nthink about using it.

Armor

Shaftstop [30% PDR, 60 Life] - {Grade 2/5}
    This is THE armor for gaining PDR, but it doesn't really provide anything else. A good choise for gaining PDR with dual claws, a cheap alternative to Leviathan.

Guardian Angel [30% FBR, 15% MAX Allres, 20% ICtB] - {Grade 5/5}
    This is an über armor for gaining resistances vs. elemental attackers. Both the weapon/claw and the dual claw build should utilize this armor when facing heavy elemental damage.

Rattlecage [25% CB, 45 AR] - {Grade 1/5}
    Not exactly a superb armor, but it has good usefulnes when leveling, i thought i'd include this one because of the 25% CB that is very useful when leveling.

Boneflesh [5% LL, 25% OW, 35 AR] - {Grade 1/5}
    An ok'ish choise if you absolutely don't have any other better, the 25% OW is ofcourse always useful.

Toothrow [40% OW, 10 Strength, 15% FR] - {Grade 1/5}
    Better than beforementioned boneflesh, actually an ok choise of armor if you're a poorman.

Duriel's Shell [+1 life/level, 20% FR, 20% LR, 20% PR, 50% CR, CBF, 15 Strength] - Grade {4/5}
    This armor, even though it's common and cheap, is actually one of the best armors you can get a hold of. It provides alot of great mods that you need. Upgrade this armor and you have one piece of great shiny armor.

Leviathan [15-25% PDR, 40-50 Strength] - {Grade 5/5}
    Amongst the PDR armors this is the king for kickers. The 40-50 extra strength will give you a REAL boost in kíck damage. This armor is a GREAT alternative to the 'Crown of Ages setup', see the equipment summary for dual claw kicker.

Tyrael's Might [20% R/W, 20-30 Strength, 20-30% allres, CBF, -100% req] - {Grade 3/5}
    Some would argue this is better than Duriel's Shell, but I disagree. It provides almost identical mods but instead of +1 life/level it adds 20% R/W. I would anytime choose ~80+ life over 20% R/W and the fact that this armor cost a farm makes it less useful than Druiel's Shell.

Arkaine's Valor [+1-2 To All Skills, 0.5 vitality/level, 30% FHR] - {Grade 2/5}
    A good armor indeed, not exactly the best choise for a kicker. Offers a great amount of extra life but besides that the +1-2 skills and 30% FHR isn't really worth filling up your armor slot for, you can do much better.

Lionheart [+20% ED, Req -15%, 25 Strength, 20 Vitality, 15 Dexterity, +50 Life, 30% allres] - {Grade 5/5}
    (Hel + Lum + Fal)
    This is probably one of the best armors for a kicker, if you can't afford an Enigma armor i would aim for this runeword in an elite armor. It provides tons of great mods and a huge life boost too. It's relatively cheap too.

Bramble [Slvl 15-21 Thorns Aura, 50% FHR, 25-50% To Poison Skill Damage, 5% Max CR, 30% FR, 100% PR, Slvl 13 Spirit of Barbs (33 Charges)] - {Grade 2/5}
    (Ral + Ohm + Sur + Eth)
    Great runeword, only downside is that it's pretty expensive with the Ohm and Sur rune. The mods aren't fantastic but nice, a 50% increased venom damage would always be nice and the thorns aura is a sweetener too.

Chains of Honor [+2 Skills, 8% LL, 20 Strength, 65% allres, 8% PDR] - {Grade 3/5}
    (Dol + Um + Ber + Ist)
    Favoured by many, and I must say it's a great armor too, has a little expensive touch though. Mods are just great, with this armor you definately wont worry about resistances. But if it's for resistances only you're using this, I suggest going for a 'Smoke' armor instead, it's much cheaper.

Enigma [+2 Skills, 45% R/W, +1 To Teleport, 0.75 strength/level, Increase Maximum Life 5%, 8% PDR, 15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana] - {Grade 5/5}
    (Jah + Ith + Ber)
    Most likely the most expensive of the mentioned runeword armors to make and also the best. The mods are simply fantastic and it beats all the above armors by a mile, the reason I rated other armors the same as this is because of the cost. It's so expensive to make.
    Some consider the +1 teleport as BM - But hey, you're not going to use it, so why care. You have dragon flight.

Stone [60% FHR, +250-290% Enh. Defense, 16 Strength, 16 Vitality, 15% allres, Slvl 16 Clay Golem (16 Charges)] - {Grade 2/5}
    (Shael + Um + Pul + Lum)
    Nice, cheap and good mods, and it comes with a pet!

Belt

String of Ears [10-15% PDR, 6-8% ll] - {Grade 2/5}
    One of the better belts, the reason you should choose this would be from the PDR. The leech isn't that vital since it's nerfed greatly in PvP.

Nosferatu's Coil [5-7% life leech, 10% ias, 15 strength, slows target 20%] - {Grade 1/5}
    An ok belt actually, the downside is the slow target which is seen as BM by many.

Thundergod's Vigor [20 Lightning absorb, 10% MAX LR, 20 strength, 20 vitality] - {Grade 3/5}
    This is one of the best belts you can wear vs. lightning elements, some would say it's BM but really that's a widespread oppinion, the numbers saying it's BM is just as great as the number that don't. Superior stats too, a very nice belt.

Verdungo's Hearty Cord [30-40 Vitality, 10% FHR, PDR 10-15%] - {Grade 5/5}
    Probably the best belt you can get your hands on, if you can get a perfect one you're set to go with belts.

Crafted blood belt [5-10% Open wounds, 1-3% life leech, 10-20 life, extra mods] - {Grade 1-5/5}
    (mesh belt/mithril coil + Tal rune + Perfect ruby + jewel)
    This could potentially beat even the verdungo's hearty cord, looking over the mods this belt can have 24% FHR, 3% LL, 10% OW, +30 strenght, resistances etc. a real sweetheart of a belt if you're lucky to craft a good one.

Boots
    When choosing boots there are one class and one class ONLY that is your choise - myrmidon greaves. These are the only boot class that can give enough damage to your kick.

Gore Rider [30% FRW, 15% deadly strike, 15% chrushing blow, 10% open wounds, -25% req] - {Grade 5/5}
    These are THE boots you can get your hands on if you're able to upgrade them. The mods are amazing and the -25% req for a pair of myrmidon greaves is just sweet. These are the boots you'd want.

Shadow Dancer [30% FRW, 30% fhr, 15-25 dexterity, 1-2 shadow disciplines, -20% req, Ladder Only] - {Grade 5/5}
    Very nice boots, some say they beat gore rider, but really I think it's a matter of taste. These have the sam kick damage and about the same potential, a little higher requirements, though.

Rare Greaves/War Boots/Myrmidon Boots [-req, FRW] - {Grade 1-5/5}
    (1 Ral Rune + 1 Thul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Normal (Basic) Rare Armor = Exceptional Rare Armor.
    (1 Ko Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Amethyst + Exceptional Rare Armor = Elite Rare Armor.
    Potentially a pair of rare myrmidon greaves or myrmidon class that has been upgraded can beat both gore rider and shadow dancer. Be sure to get one with FRW and -req. Other sweet mods would be +stats, +resistances. Good choise if you're non-ladder and don't wanna wait untill the ladder season ends to get a pair of shadow dancers or upgraded gore rider.

Crafted Safety Recipe boots [5-10% FR] - Grade {1-5/5}
    (Myrmidon Boots + Ort Rune + Perfect Emerald + Any Jewel)
    This is a good alternative to the two unique boots and they are cheap to craft too. Myrmidons are easily bought at Anya in hell and the other pieces of the recipe can be bougth for a nickle. Look for a pair with
    FRW, -req, stats, resists on. Potentially these can be just as powerful as rare boots.

Gloves
    Dracul's Grasp [7-10% life leech, 25% open wounds, 10-15 strength, 5% CtC Slvl 10 Life tap on striking] - {Grade 5/5}
    These are THE gloves if life tap isn't considered BM, they have all the mods you are searching more or less and the life tap just makes them even better, a real diamond among gloves.

Soul Drainer [4-7% LL, 4-7% ML, 8% CtC Slvl 3 Weaken on striking] - {Grade 4/5}
    Should dracul's grasp be disallowed these are actually very nice too, dual leech and gives you the ML you're searching. Weaken isn't such a bad spell too.

Crafted blood gloves [3-6% life leech, 5-10% crushing blow, extra mods] - {Grade 1-4/5}
    (sharkskin gloves/vampirebone gloves + Nef + Perfect Ruby + jewel)
    These should be the last resort, get some with dual leech and +stats on. A pair with +martial arts would be great too. Can potentially beat souldrainer.

Shield

Stormshield [+25% ICoB, 35% FBR, 35% PDR, 60% CR, 25% LR, 30 Strength] - {Grade 5/5}
    This is absolutely, positively THE shield you would want. It ruled in PvP back in 1.09 and it still hasn't been detroned. It has so many nice mods on it, a real beauty.

Moser's Blessed Circle [+25% ICoB, 30% FBR, 25% allres, 2 sockets] - {Grade 4/5}
    This is probably the shield you'd like vs. elemental attackers, with 2 perfect diamonds in it brings it to a stunning 63% resist all, very nice amount if you're low on resists vs. one or more elements.

Swordback Hold [20% ICoB, 50% open wounds] - {Grade 2/5}
    Actually a good shield, but only because of the open wounds. If your resistances can handle it, this is a good shield vs. sorceresses since it remarkably raises your chance to inflict open wounds.

Amulet

Atma's Scarab [5% CtC Slvl 2 Amplify Damage on Striking, 20% AR, 75% PR] - {Grade 3/5}
    This is a very nice amulet when you're levling but for PvP it's most likely BM, not many people think positive when they hear the words chance ot cast amplify and PvP combined.

Crescent Moon [10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana, +45 Mana, 3-6% LL, 11-15% ML] - {Grade 3/5}
    Nice amulet actually, not the best, but the leech is stunning. This definitively provides you with enough mana leech to keep your kicking on the go.

Metalgrid [+400-450 AR, Level 22 Iron Golem (11 Charges), Level 12 Iron Maiden (20 Charges), 25-35% Allres, +300-350 Defense, Ladder Only] - {Grade 3/5}
    This is actually a very nice amulet, even though it lacks stats, skills and leech. The huge AR bonus can be a real help versus paladins, barbarians and other high defense chars which you'd like a better shot hitting with dragon talon and dragon flight. The extra mods and pets on it is just a plus.

Crafted Blood amulet [+1-2 Skills, 1-3% LL, X% ML, extra mods] - {Grade 3-5/5}
    These are potentially the most powerful amulets you can get your hands on. They come with almost all mods, 1-4% LL, upto 8% ML and stats, skills, resistances etc. A good one is dual leech 5-8% ML with 15-20 in strength or dex, or combined and +1-2 skills.

Rings
    Ravenfrost [CBF, 15-20 Dexterity, 20% Cold Absorb, 150-250 AR] - {Grade 2-4/5}
    Sweet ring, favoured by many since not many CBF sources are around. A good ring when facing cold attacks too, the extra mods is just a plus. Ravenfrost is also a good source of gaining attack rating, it easily adds 2-4k extra AR.

Carrion Wind [8% CtC Slvl 13 Twister on striking, 6-9% LL, 55% PR, 10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana] - {Grade 3/5}
    Since twisters have a stunning effect this is actually a very nice ring, it's not the best but the twisters actually makes it very useful.

Bul Khato's Wedding Band [3-5% LL, +0.5 Life/level, +1 All skills] - {Grade 1/5}
    Semi-useful ring. Wouldn't choose this over other rings, but the mods are ok'ish for kickers.

Rare single/dual leech [>6% LL, >4% ML, extra mods] - {Grade 3-5/5}
    Poetentially the best ring(s) you can get your hands on. With a maximum of 9/9 dual leech and capable of having mods like resistances, dexterity and strength makes these among the top rings.

Crafted single leech [>6% LL, extra mods] - {Grade 2-4/5}
    Capable of having 11% life leech and stats, these rings shouldn't be chosen for leech only since leech has been nerfed greatly as mentioned before. Get one with nice resistances and lots of stats.

20. eclipsedk

9. Weapon/shield build.

In case a certain skill isn't mentioned below it shouldn't recieve any skill points.

9.1 Martial Arts Tree
    In the martial arts tree the whole left and middle branch should be left alone and shouldn't be spend any skill points in. The reason to this is, that you wan't to be kicking all the time and don't have the time to gain charges and release them, besides this charges works very poorly with dragon talon since they are added to the final damage and not multipled as with a claw attack.

Dragon Talon - 20 points
    This will be your primary attack. It's the fastest attack that assasins have now, even though the initial attack is 7 frames compared to dragon claws 5 frames it has capability of reaching 2 frames for the following attacks.

Dragon Claw - 1 point
    Prerequisite to dragon flight.

Dragon Tail - 1 point
    Prerequisite to dragon flight.

Dragon Flight - 20 points
    This is a VERY handy skill for catching fleeing opponents or getting out of a stressed situation. Also gets you "in you opponents face" once they are stunlocked. Now that the dragon flight bug has been corrected it had become an even more useful skill, with the new kick damage on boots this can become a very deadly skill and is no longer just a mean of trasportation.

Some would augment that maxing this skill isn't nessesary, but my reasons to maxing dragon flight is, that a level 20-31 dragon flight does tremendous damage. Dragon flighting with a pair of myrmidon greaves, maxed venom and open wounds can take a great potion of any opponents life, especially those who 'fly around the screen' like sorceresses or 'enigma' users. Being hit by a 2.5-3k dragon flight will definately make them think twice before getting too close.

9.2 Shadow Disciplines Tree

Claw Mastery - 1 point
    Prerequisite to shadow master, burst of speed and venom.

Burst of Speed - 1 point
    Prerequisite to venom

I would recommend only spending a single point in this skill, with the +skill gear, charms, the +6 Shadow Disciplines switch for precasting and IAS from equipment you will have plenty of IAS to reach the maximum attack speeds you will need.

Fade - 1 Point
    Prerequisite to venom

Venom - 20 points
    This skill has gotten alot more powerful than it used to in patch 1.09, it can now be cast together with fade or BoS. At level 20 it inflicts 425-445 poison damage over 0.4 seconds, which is almost instant. This is 1250 poison damage over 1 second.

Weapon Block - 1 point
    Prerequisite to shadow master

Shadow Warrior - 1 point
    Prerequisite to shadow master

Shadow Master - 1 point
    This is a lifesaver sometimes, in patch 1.10 the shadow master has gotten alot weaker even though it has recived alot better AI. It has lower life and isn't quite the tank it used to be in patch 1.09. wouldn't recommend maxing this skill, I would prefer a high level dragon flight instead.

My reasons to this is, that even though a high level shadow master can inflict great damage it's rarely of any use except for distractions since most opponents attack will kill it in 1 shot wether it's level 1 or 20.

Psychic Hammer - 1 point
    Prerequisite to mind blast

Cloack of Shadows - 1 point
    Prerequisite to mind blast

Mind Blast - 1 - As many points as possible
    Once you have maxed out all other main skills and you have 1 point in all prerequisites, start pumping points into mind blast and get it as high as possible. Mind blast starts with 2 seconds stun swirl duration and increases with 0.2 seconds per extra skill point spent in it. This is a VERY powerful skill.

9.3 Traps Tree

Fire Blast - 1 point
    Prerequisite to lightning sentry and wake of fire

Shock Web - 1 point
    Prerequisite to lightning sentry

Lightning Sentry - 1-20 points
    Very useful skill for stun locking opponents, even at low levels. Some augments that a maxed sentry isn't of any use vs. target you want to 'push around'. A high level lightning sentry will be able to push opponents like barbarians, druids and trappers around so they can't play you defensive.

Death Sentry 0-1 points
    This depends on you. This is very useful for leveling but not as much a must as it used to be in patch 1.09 for cow levels, really this is a matter of taste. It can work very well against crowds but isn't an uber skill like it used to be unless its pumbed full of points, and since you're not a trapper you won't be needing alot of points in this one.

Wake of Fire - 1-20 points
    Prerequisite to blade shield

Very useful skill for stun locking opponents, even at low levels. If you do want to ue lightning sentry i suggest using this skill, even though it has semi-low damage.

Blade Sentinel 0-1 point

Blade Fury 0-1 point

Blade Shield - 0-1 point
    Most people don't pay this skill alot of attention, but it's actually quite a powerful skill even at low levels. Blade shield's attack speed is locked at 25 frames (once per second), regardless of weapon speed and BoS. Blade shield's range is locked at 6(the range of the longest weapon, 4 yards), regardless of weapon range, this is good since the weapons you'll be sing have very low range.

The effects triggered by blade shield is listed below

1/4th Physical damage of the weapon you're wielding

Elemental Damage
    Magical Damage
    Poison Damage
    Deadly strike
    +X% Life Leech
    +X% Mana Leech

As you see in the above list blade shield triggers neither open wounds or crushing blow. However the magical damage and poison are the two main factors. If you're wielding either chaos or azurewrath you will be able to tranfers up to an extra 500 magical damage which is unresistable, this is quite alot even after PvP penalty. The poison will also be tranfered to inflict extra damage, but as your dragon talon is already triggering poison this is less useful.

Another aspect of blade shield is the very short duration, some people find it annoying to recast it alot during a match since it durates very fast.Wether you want to spend the extra 3 skill points this skill will require is solely up to you. Personally I have had some good experiences with it combined with magical damage.

9.4 Skill/build Summary
    Below is listed the final build for level 99, the reason i listed the order of preference to max out skills is, that most people will probably head for level 80-90 since leveling past level 85 is quite extensive and time consuming.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: I suggest that you go and read section 13 before deciding what to max of mind blast or a trap. This is very important to the build and how it will work against certain classes.

Order of preference for maxing skills
    - Dragon Talon
    - Dragon Flight
    - Venom
    - Lightning Sentry/Wake of Fire
    - Mind Blast

Martial Arts (42)
    20 Dragon Talon
    1 Dragon Claw
    1 Dragon Tail
    20 Dragon Flight

Shadow Disciplines (29-41)
    1 Claw Mastery
    1 Burst of Speed
    1 Fade
    20 Venom
    1 Weapon Block
    1 Shadow Warrior
    1 Shadow Master
    1 Psychic Hammer
    1 Cloak of Shadows
    13 Mind Blast

Traps (24-28)
    1 Fire Blast
    1(0) Blade Sentinel
    1(20) Wake of Fire
    1(0) Blade Fury
    1(0) Blade Shield
    1 Shock Web
    1 Charged Bolt Sentry
    1(20) Lightning Sentry
    1(0) Death Sentry

9.5 Leveling advice
    Many would think this build would take alot of time to level and be a hard nut to crack, since assasin don't deal alot of damage compared to other cookie-cutter build. This build is different, it can actually chop large crowds into pieces quickly, although not as quickly as area-damage chars like meteor sorceresses.

I will utilize tweaking in this part of the guide, since almost everyone who is concerned about a PvP char has the basic gear to start them and some tweaking gear lying around. Else they usually have a MF character which is able to get them what they need.

To level fast I suggest you should be using the following equipment.

Cathans ring
    Cathans amulet
    Sigons complete set
    Rhyme shield
    Skewer of krintiz
    Guilames face
    Gore riders (upgrade)
    String of Ears
    Atma's scarab
    Dracul's grasp
    Stormshield
    Lionheart [Hel + Lum + Fal]
    Strength [Amn + Tir]
    Manald heal
    Ravenfrost

Level 1 to 11
    I suggest you will start out by muling 50k gold to your assasin, stash this up. Afterwards buy about 3-5 packs of standard javelins, these will be your weapon of choise untill level 11 where you can equip better weapons. Clean blood moor and the cave this should grant you about 2-3 levels. Put all stat points into strength and all the skill points into dragon talon. Once you reach level 11 you will have enough strength to wear the complete sigons gear, this is what you will be wearing for a long time.

Once you reach level 6, put 1 point into all prerequisites and burst of speed, make sure this is enabled all the time.

Put on cathans ring and amulet at level 11.

Level 12 to 26
    When you reach level 12 put 5 points into dexterity and put on skewer of krintiz, this is some basic mana leech you'll need to keep on kicking. From level 12-26 be sure to get the needed stats for wearing the gear in the future. Remember the prerequisites and once you have maxed out dragon talon start maxing dragon flight.

About now you should have reach Act 2 sewers and the archers should be causing you alot of pain - atleast they did to me. Handle hem by using 'cloak of shadows' to blind them, then move in and kick away. You should be able to clean atleast 50% of 6-8 archer gruop in a 8 player game, during the 8 seconds CoS lasts.

At level 15 you'll put on manald heal.

Once you're level 17 go to arcane santuary and on to Canyon of the magi. Search for 8 player games and level in Canyon of the magi alone, don't worry you should have plenty of protection and damage to handle the monster all alone.

At level 24 start doing travincal runs to gain extra exp.

Level 27 to 31
    Pretty simple, start doing diablo runs and equip your Rhyme shield, string of ears and Strength claw. Also equip your Lionheart armor.

Level 32 to 41
    Go on leveling at baals minions, at level 40 equip guilames face.

Level 42 to 65
    Start on nightmare and equip ravenfrost. Work you way through nightmare in parties or with help from friends to boost. Check out http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=512&pageno=1 for the best places to level.

At level 47 equip goreriders and at level 60 atma's scarab.

Level 66+
    Go to hell and start working on getting to baals minions, this is relatively fast to do with parties and a little help from friends. At level 73 you should equip stormshield and at level 73 you should upgrade your gore riders to myrmidon greaves and at level 76 put on draculs grasp, from this point off just do baals minions runs to level up.

9.6 Stat Point Distribution

Strength
    With the dragon talon skill, strength is the most determining factor when calculation the damage. Therefor strength is now more important than dexterity to this build, the more strength the more damage. I suggest getting strength up around 200'ish, while wearing your items. Your base strength should be around 110-150. This should bring you around 1.4-1.6k dragon talon damage.

Dexterity
    Dexterity should be just the amount you need to reach maximum blocking (75%) at your current level. Many 'elite' duellers calculate the precise amount they will need as base with all their equipment on.

Vitality
    All spare points should be spent in vitality, as this is the amount of life you will have in duels. 1 point in vitality is 3 life points for assasins.

Energy
    None is needed here.

9.7 Weapon
    When speaking of weapons there are lots to choose from and lots that suit a dragon talon assasin, sometimes it's even a matter of taste and looks that decides a player choise of weaponry - other times it's a matter of wealth.

Magical claw [+3 Shadow Disciplines, extra mods] - {Grade 4-5/5}
    These should be used to precast burst of speed, venom and fade. Look for a pair with extra skills on like venom or shadow master.

Fury - {Grade 4/5}
    3 Socket Melee Weapons
    Jah + Gul + Eth
    +209% Enhanced Damage
    40% Increased Attack Speed
    Prevent Monster Heal
    66% Chance Of Open Wounds
    33% Deadly Strike
    Ignore Target's Defense
    -25% Target Defense
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    6% Life Stolen Per Hit
    +5 To Frenzy (Barbarian Only)

A very, very nice weapon. It's a little expensive to make but the 40% IAS, 66% OW, -25% TD, 20% AR and 6% LL is all worth the runes. Choose these because of the high amounts of OW and a fast weapon.

Suggestion for the weapon to make this runeword in:
    Runic Talon's [WSM -30] - Reaches the maximum speed very easily.
    Berserker Axe [WSM 0] - Style and tradeability.
    War Spike [WSM -10] - Style.
    Scourge [WSM -10] - Style.

Malice - {Grade 3/5}
    3 Socket Melee Weapons
    Ith + El + Eth
    +33% Enhanced Damage
    +9 To Maximum Damage
    100% Chance Of Open Wounds
    -25% Target Defense
    -100 To Monster Defense Per Hit
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +50 To Attack Rating
    Drain Life -5

A very cheap runeword and it has some nasty mods too, underestimated by many. The 100% OW is just GREAT and the -25% TD is sweet too. Besides that it's not worth anything, very deadly vs. fast moving targets that tends to run away from you. Socket this one is a WSM -20 to WSM -30 weapon to get enough speed to reach maximum speed. Downside is the -5 Life drain which will make you loose ~1 health point per second, this can be countered easily with replenish life.

Steel - {Grade 2/5}
    2 Socket Swords/Axes/Maces
    Tir + El
    +20% Enhanced Damage
    +3 To Minimum Damage
    +3 To Maximum Damage
    +50 To Attack Rating
    50% Chance Of Open Wounds
    25% Increased Attack Speed
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    +1 To Light Radius

Another cheap runeword, besides 25% IAS and 50% OW it's not the glittery. If i should choose between this one and 'Malice' I'd go for 'Malice'.

Cryptic Sword [WSM -10] - Style.
    Berserker Axe [WSM 0] - Style.

Beast - {Grade 4/5}
    5 Socket Axes/Scepters/Hammers
    Ber + Tir + Um + Mal + Lum
    Level 9 Fanaticism Aura When Equipped
    +40% Increased Attack Speed
    +240-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    20% Chance of Crushing Blow
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    +3 To Werebear
    +3 To Lycanthropy
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +25-40 To Strength (varies)
    +10 To Energy
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    Level 13 Summon Grizzly (5 Charges)

Semi-expensive runword, ber is hard to get, but the rest of the runes could be obtained fairly 'cheap'. The mods are amazing, with this one on you'll never have to worry about attack speeds, the fanatisicm aura should boost your speed plenty, a good choise if you need to use fade and still need max speeds.

War Spike [WSM -10] - Style and speed.
    Caduceus [WSM -10] - Style and speed.

Chaos - {Grade 5/5}
    3 Socket Claws
    Fal + Ohm + Um
    9% Chance To Cast Level 11 Frozen Orb On Striking
    11% Chance To Cast Level 9 Charged Bolt On Striking
    +35% Increased Attacked Speed
    +290-340+% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 216-471 Magic Damage
    +1 To Whirlwind
    +10 To Strength
    +15 Life After Each Demon Kill

Great claw! Semi-expensive touch though, the magical damage gets added to each kick so with 5 kick it's 1080-2355 extra unresistable damage, the 25% OW and extra IAS is sweet too. Some nice 'glitter' effects with the two chance to casts too.

Suwayyah [WSM 0] - Style.

Doom - {Grade 5/5}
    5 Socket Axes/Polearms/Hammers
    Hel + Ohm + Um + Lo + Cham
    5% Chance To Cast Level 18 Volcano On Striking
    Level 12 Holy Freeze Aura When Equipped
    +2 To All Skills
    +45% Increased Attack Speed
    +330-370% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -(40-60)% To Enemy Cold Resistance (varies)
    20% Deadly Strike
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Freezes Target +3
    Requirements -20%

Superior runeword, but VERY expensive too. Once you've tried this you love it!, the holy freeze aura is amazing, but actually besides the aura, 25% OW and 45% IAS it isn't that much. The +2 skills isn't important to a weapon/shield build. Some consider the aura BM though, keep this in mind.

Kingslayer - {Grade 5/5}
    4 Socket Swords/Axes
    Mal + Um + Gul + Fal
    +30% Increased Attack Speed
    +230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -25% Target Defense
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    33% Chance of Crushing Blow
    50% Chance of Open Wounds
    +1 To Vengeance
    Prevent Monster Heal
    +10 To Strength
    40% Extra Gold From Monsters

I can't help loving the name of this weapon and the thought that an assasin is wielding it, kinda nice touch ;) The mods on it are GREAT for the price of it, the runes are fairly easy to obtain and it's superior in use. A perl to the price.

Cryptic Sword [WSM -10] - Style and speed.

Blood Crescent - {Grade 4/5}
    Scimitar
    One-Hand Damage: 3 To (9-10) (6-6.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 7
    Required Dexterity: 21
    Durability: 22
    Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
    +60-80% Enhanced Damage(varies)
    33% Chance Of Open Wounds
    15% Increased Attack Speed
    15% Life Stolen Per Hit
    All Resistances +15
    +15 To Life
    +4 To Light Radius
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.09 or later)

Who would have thought a scimitar could work wonders, it's cheap, it's easy to find and the mods are stunning. Just look at them and compare with the price and scarcity. Great weapon!

Razor's Edge - {Grade 2/5}
    Tomahawk
    One-Hand Damage: (90-107) To (159-188) (124.5-147.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 67
    Required Strength: 125
    Required Dexterity: 67
    Durability: 28
    Weapon Speed: [0]
    +175-225% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    +40% Increased Attack Speed
    -33% Target Defense
    50% Deadly Strike
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Some people just love this weapon, I claim it's heavily overrated beaten anytime by many of the other weapons that are found easier too.

Fleshripper - {Grade 5/5}
    Fanged Knife
    One-Hand Damage: (45-60) To (174-228) (108-144 Avg)
    Required Level: 68
    Required Strength: 42
    Required Dexterity: 86
    Durability: 36
    Base Weapon Speed: [-20]
    +200-300% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    -50% Target Defense
    25% Chance of Crushing Blow
    33% Deadly Strike
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Slows Target By 20%
    (Spawns In 1.10 Patch Only)

Probably one of THE best weapons you can get your hands on, the only downside is the slow target which is considered BM by alot of people, if it was without this it would be an über weapon but very rare though.

Lacerator - {Grade 3/5}
    Winged Axe
    Throw Damage: (17-21) To (150-186) (83.5-103.5 Avg)
    One-Hand Damage: (27-34) To (140-173) (83.5-103.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 68
    Required Strength: 96
    Required Dexterity: 122
    Base Weapon Speed: [-10]
    Max Stack: (180)
    +150-210% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    33% Chance of Open Wounds
    Prevent Monster Heal
    Hit Causes Monster To Flee 50%
    33% Chance To Cast Level 3 Amplify Damage On Striking
    Replenishes Quantity [1 in 4 sec.]
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Great weapon actually, if amplify damage is allowed. But as many consider amplify damage BM, it's not of much use.

Fleshrender - Grade {2/5}
    Barbed Club
    One-Hand Damage: (62.2-72) To (109.8-128) (86-100 Avg)
    Required Level: 38
    Required Strength: 30
    Durability: 56
    Base Weapon Speed: [0]
    +130-200% Enhanced Damage(varies)
    Adds 35-50 Damage
    +50% Damage To Undead
    20% Deadly Strike
    20% Chance of Crushing Blow
    +1 To Druid Skills
    +2 To Shape Shifting Skills (Druid Only)
    Prevent Monster Heal

Azurewrath - Grade {5/5}
    Phase Blade
    One-Hand Damage: (102-114) To (115-129) (108.5-121.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 85
    Required Strength: 25
    Required Dexterity: 136
    Base Weapon Speed: [-30]
    +230-270% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Adds 250-500 Magic Damage
    Adds 250-500 Cold Damage, 10 sec. Duration (Normal)
    +1 To All Skills
    +5-10 To All Attributes (varies)
    Level 10-13 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped (varies)
    Indestructible
    +3 To Light Radius
    (Ladder Only)

This is probably one of THE best kicker weapons. The huge magic damage this weapon deploys results in a great amount of extra damage, since magic damage is unresistable its an extra 1250-2500 damage at 5 kicks. The extra skill and stat bonus is an even greater sweetener. The fact that this weapon lacks OW can be obtained through an Um rune. Another perl of a weapon.

Pretty nice club, this could be considered a mini-version of fleshripper. The stats are almost similar even though this weapon is a bit slower and has no slow target (which is actually a good thing). Good weapon for leveling if you're not too rich.

9.8 Inventory

Your inventory should be filled with these charms

10 Martial Arts skillers with +Life (FHR)
    1 Annihilus unique small charm
    9 small charms with life/resist

9.9 Equipment summary

To summarize a little bit, listed below is what I think is some of the best setups you could be using.

Melee setup
    Helm : Andariel's Visage
    Armor : Enigma / Lionheart / Upgraded Duriel's Shell
    Weapon: Chaos / Doom / Kingslayer / Azurewrath
    Shield: Stormshield
    Gloves: Dracul's Grasp / Souldrainer
    Amulet: +2 Assasin, >15 stats, allres, dual leech
    Ring 1: dual leech, >15 stats
    Ring 2: dual leech, >15 stats
    Boots : Upgraded gore rider
    Belt : 15/40 verdungo's hearty cord / crafted blood belt w/ 10% OW, >15 stats, 24% FHR

With verdungo's hearty cord 2 Martial Arts skillers w/ 12% FHR should be put in the inventory together with a 5% FHR small charm to reach the 48% FHR breakpoint.
    With the blood belt 24% FHR setup, Martial Arts skillers w/ 12% FHR should be put in the inventory.

Counter elemental setup
    Helm : Harlequin's Crest
    Armor : Guardian Angel
    Weapon: Malice
    Shield: Mosers Blessed Circle / Stormshield
    Belt : 15/40 verdungo's hearty cord

Remember to include atleast one +5 replenish life item to counter malice's life drain.
    Verdungo's hearty cord and Guardian Angel gives 30% + 10% FHR, add two 5% FHR small charms to the inventory.

Keep-the-distance setup
    Helm : Harlequin's Crest
    Armor : Enigma / Lionheart / Upgraded Duriel's Shell
    Weapon: Malice
    Shield: Stormshield
    Belt : 15/40 verdungo's hearty cord

Remember to include atleast one +5 replenish life item to counter malice's life drain.
    With verdungo's hearty cord 2 Martial Arts skillers w/ 12% FHR should be put in the inventory together with a 5% FHR small charm to reach the 48% FHR breakpoint.
    With the blood belt 24% FHR setup, Martial Arts skillers w/ 12% FHR should be put in the inventory.