Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by nizzorious mainevent, Jan 29, 2004.

1. nizzorious mainevent

nizzorious mainevent IncGamers Member

Weapon Question

I have a level 87 paladin (zealot) who is strictly PvM. I currently use an Azurewrath, and swing it at 4fps. But what I've noticed is that I do from 2200-3000 damage. Which may or may not be much damage depending on who you ask. But I'm finding that I don't kill fast at all. Now maybe a zealot isn't supposed to kill fast; maybe a zealot build is meant to keep alive with lifetap and LL. But I need more damage. I have level 28 fanatacism w/Azurewrath. And I have level 30 zeal w/Azurewrath.

So my question is, is there a better weapon option for me? I use a highlords ammy, and this is my only source or IAS (aside from say a weapon IAS bonus). I ran the weapon speed calculator and figured with my current gear, I could swing a Shaefer's Legendary Mallet at 5fps. I guess my other weapon choice would be Stormlash. Or should I just stick with the Azure? And if I should switch weapons, is Azurewrath worth Shaefer's or Stormlash straight up? Any information would be great guys.

Thanks a lot for your help

-Nizz

2. Any1

Any1 Banned

You can always max Sacrifice for more Zeal damage.

You can get a Might merc to boost your physical damage even higher.

Deadly Strike gear/runes are good.

Crushing Blow gear/runes are also very handy against high HP monster.

3. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

yeh and for PvM stormlash/shaeffers are really good for the % to cast static

4. nizzorious mainevent

nizzorious mainevent IncGamers Member

Yeah sorry, I forgot to mention that I maxed sacrifice as well. I also use perfect Goreriders for the added crushing blow, deadly strike, and open wounds. I believe the merc I use is defensive. I'm not sure exactly what aura he has specifically but I got him from act 2, and the aura itself is blue and boosts my defense.

So are we in consensus that Stormlash/Shaefer's are better than Azure for PvM? If so which is better between the two. I know I would swing the scourge at 4fps, and I would swing the Shaefer's at 5fps. Maybe that will change some opinions, maybe not.

Thanks for your fast responses.

-Nizz

5. jeweladdict

jeweladdict IncGamers Member

the aura is defiance, i would get a stormlash and shael it, but theyre expensive,,, doubt youd get one 1:1 for teh azure

6. legend204

legend204 IncGamers Member

I recently came across the same dilemma with my cookie cutter zealot.
    he was only doin 1600-2600 damage and i was wearing pretty good gear with the regular stats, enuff strength for gear, enuff dex for max blocking, and rest in vita..

then i found some noob and traded my 262 ed 10 to all stat azure for a 269 ed stormlash..and boy was i amazed..i was literally killing 3 times faster and im killing everything and a blinding fast speed.and stormlash only requires about 20 or 30 ias to reach 4 frames per sec..not sure which one..its on the speed tables for a paladin..well anyways
    heres the gear i wear for current zealot..

stormlash
    herald "um"
    andariel visage 10 ll 26 strength
    guradian angel "ral"
    carrion wind 8 ll
    15 dex 245 ar raven frost
    highlords ammy
    gore riders
    laying of hands
    ik belt

Storm lash is the best unique weapon for classic cookie cutter zealot IMO..maybe unique beserker axe might be good too but i havent tried it..
    this is excluding ethreal BOTD weapons of course..and maybe some other rune worded weapons

7. legend204

legend204 IncGamers Member

correction...using stormlash, u only need an extra 15 ias to reach 4 frames per second..