Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon for Werewolf

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by SebOlsson, Apr 21, 2008.

1. SebOlsson

SebOlsson IncGamers Member

Weapon for Werewolf

I'm finally starting to get somewhere with my weredruid, just reached lv 24 and equipped a Bonesnap. But when I did that he suffered a serious loss of speed. Sure, he gained a lot of damage, but in Act 3 you'd want some speed to. I hate all forms of those little flayer thingies.

So my question is if there's is a better weapon for my level out there? Or should I just stick with Bonesnap until I can equip Steeldriver? I only need ideas for low level weapons, cause I'm going to use Buriza when I hit 41, and later on IK Maul.

-Seb

2. Skinhead On The MBTA

Skinhead On The MBTA IncGamers Member

Re: Weapon for Werewolf

Bonesnap is fine for the time being, until you can get Steeldriver. To be honest, if you upgrade it, Steeldriver will do fine as an endgame weapon. Do you have any points in Rabies? At level 24, you should have one, and that can do quite well against Flayers/Fetishes etc.

3. SebOlsson

Yes, I have one point in Rabies, as a pre req for Fury. But isn't that too a one target attack?

4. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Rabies poison damage spreads from one enemy to another. It's quite a sight. x).

EDIT: Also, have you considered getting an Act 3 cold mercenary? They have nice damage in Normal, and the freeze helps quite a bit.

5. corax

corax IncGamers Member

just run past all the little buggies that you don't need to kill:thumbsup:

otherwise yes bonesnap is just about the best till you can get steeldriver.
    feral rage makes you attack pretty fast

6. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

I don't know if it's any faster, but I used to use a 6xOrt pike on mercs (level21 required). 6-300 Lightning damage, but the damage seemed consistently high enough for 1-hit-kills on /players8 in Act3 (and maybe act4 - it's been a while).

Also, if you have a 6os Crystal Sword, you can try the Ort idea in a one-hander too. Then you can use a 3x Jewel of Carnage shield to help your damage too.

... otherwise, just stick with the Bonesnap.

7. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Just in case, do you have a ribby? It can last long time until you get high level enough to use upped ribby, and then IK maul.

Upped ribby does more damage, IK maul helps to kill PIs if you also use other IK set.

8. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

/agree with Death. Ribby and later Upped Ribby is an absolutely amazing wpn. The IK wpn + partial set is a nice set up as well, but I prefer it for bears and use the ribby for wolves.

As for the original question, yes Bonesnap is about as good as it gets until you can use Steeldriver/Ribby. If you don't have it try Sigons Gloves + another Sigons item for the 30% ias. While shapeshifted forms attack speed comes mostly from wpn IAS only, at such a slow speed OIAS will still help :). Actually now that I look at the Dragoon calc maybe the OIAS won't help. What lvl is your Werewolf skill?

9. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

What do you guys say? Bonesnap? You'll get a 14 frame attack at best with it. It's tooooooooo sloooooow. On shapeshifters use "steel" large axe(9 frame attack on werewolves) until you hit lvl 31, and then switch to ribcracker, and then to your weapon of choice.

10. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

While hitting faster is nice, it won't matter much if you hit like a wet noodle. If you like the stats of "Steel" then you might as well just use Goreshovel. Besides he can hit at 12 frames if his werewolf skill is at a decent lvl and/or he's wearing sigons gloves for the ias.

Another option if you can hold off 1 more lvl is Battlebranch. You'll lose a lot of damage but you can hit 9 fpa pretty easily.

11. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

14 frame's is the fastest non-shaeled bonesnap will go.
    A shaeled one will get 12 frames, but it requires burning a socket-quest.

I don't know about you, but I'd never go for a 14 or even 12 frame attack. It's too slow for me. All fleeing monsters will give you hell with such slow attack. I'd also never burn a socket in a weapon like bonesnap, but he is willing to use the quest for a low level twinking weapon that he is only going to use for 10 levels or so, then battlebranch would indeed be a much better idea. He will get 9 frame attack, better damage then with 'steel' and some life leech. Of course at level 25 he also could use a "steel" military axe giving him 9 frame attack, 31 average damage and 50% open wounds which is very nice for all fleeing monsters, as well as does noticable damage.

battle branch has around 50% higher damage, same speed, adds life leech and attack rating, but requires burning a socket in it. Without shael it only gets 11 frame attack.

Not to mention shaels have a clvl req of 29, so until 29 you're stuck at 14 frames with bonesnap and 11 frames with battlebranch. While 'steel' large axe can be used from lvl 13 on, and military axe from lvl 25 both netting you 9 frame attack.

12. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Well to be honest it's impossible for us to determine his speed without knowing his werewolf skill or his other equipment. Remember that at low speeds OIAS DOES help :)

13. DeathMaster

Be perfectly honest, I don't see what's the big deal about such early weapon speed. Before lvl30, it is easy to deal with everything with just normal attack. At this stage, damage is more important. High damage weapon will one or two hit kill almost everything @P8. Once you reach certain level, you can change to different gears with different skill setup.

14. SebOlsson

Right now, my WW is att level 6 or 7, I'm not sure. And I don't have a Ribcracker, but after looking for things written about it, it seems as I should get one :) But isn't the price pretty high for one with %ed high enough for it to be worth upgrading?

15. DeathMaster

even your ribby just has everage ED, it is worth the rune to up it. The difference is huge.

This is my upped ribby. It is only 276% ED (300% perfect), but look at the damage, the requirements, the speed, the mod. This weapon just pwnz.

Ribcracker
    Stalagmite
    'Shael'
    Two-Hand Damage: 312 to 467
    Durability: 130 of 130
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Required Strength: 63
    Required Level: 56

Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
    Item Level: 73
    Fingerprint: 0x31d19a6b
    +15 to Dexterity
    +100% Enhanced Defense
    +276% Enhanced Damage
    +30 to Minimum Damage
    +65 to Maximum Damage
    +100 Defense
    +100 Maximum Durability
    Required Level +7
    70% Increased Attack Speed
    50% Faster Hit Recovery
    150% Damage to Undead
    50% Chance of Crushing Blow
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

16. SebOlsson

That's just insane :p And the lv req is just imba. I don't know if I should laugh or cry :p

17. In the name of Zod

In the name of Zod IncGamers Member

Wind Hammer is as fun as all hell. 33% chance to cast level 22 Twister on striking means lots of twisters. It only has a stun length of 0.4 secs per twister (x3) but its free so who's complaining. It comes into its own with groups of smaller enemies that are tightly packed since it doesn't stop from enemy collisions. However, there's no element damage and IK maul is much better.

from Arreat Summit
    Windhammer
    Ogre Maul

Two-Hand Damage: (215-254) To (296-349) (255.5-301.5 Avg)
    Required Level: 68
    Required Strength: 225
    Durability: 60
    Base Weapon Speed: [10]
    +180-230% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    60% Increased Attack Speed
    33% Chance To Cast Level 22 Twister On Striking
    +50% Damage To Undead

(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Oh yeah, it doesn't come with sox unlike IK.

18. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

blablablablab....ribby.... bablbalablabla

Ribcracker
    Stalagmite
    Two-Hand Damage: 354 to 528
    Durability: 104 of 130
    Required Dexterity: 35
    Required Strength: 63
    Required Level: 58
    Staff Class - Fastest Attack Speed
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0x356f26e6
    +15 to Dexterity
    +100% Enhanced Defense
    +333% Enhanced Damage
    +30 to Minimum Damage
    +65 to Maximum Damage
    +100 Defense
    +100 Maximum Durability
    Required Level +7
    65% Increased Attack Speed
    50% Faster Hit Recovery
    150% Damage to Undead
    Socketed (1: 1 used)

bragging...

edit. I've used Windhammer sometime ago, but it works decent. 50%cb helps a lot, didn't notice did those Twisters do anything, they were annoying most of the time :smiley:

19. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

Well if it's lvl 7 then Bonesnap + Sigons Gloves + 2 set bonus = 12 frames...if it's lvl 6 then you are stuck at 13 frames even with the set bonus. The same with the Battlebranch. If it's lvl 7 wolf then with 0 ias on your gear you are swinging at 9 frames, with lvl 6 wolfie you'll need 10 ias somewhere or else it's 10 frame attack for j00.

Also even though the Bonesnap is slow you really only have to survive a few lvls...just feral rage run past the first part of Act 3 and avoid those annoying freaking flayer things.

Oh and ribcracker isn't that expensive unless it's perfect.

20. Skinnyy

Skinnyy IncGamers Member

If you really want a ribby, try running nm Andariel. When I was running her for SOJ/Tals Ammy, she dropped me a ton of them thanks to her bugged drop.