Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon for PvM Zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Tankmobile, Nov 12, 2006.

?

Who is DoctorDeath?

1. Galabad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. LoLCarebearsLoL

66.7%
  3. Turnip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Charlie Sheen

33.3%
  5. You're stupid, they are all the same guy. A hydra to be exact.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tankmobile

Tankmobile IncGamers Member

Weapon for PvM Zealot

No idea what weapon to pick for my PvM zealot, (no idea what shield either, but thats a different poll.) Lots of conflicting info on it aswell which doesnt help my confusion. The ones that keep coming up are...
    1. BotD(probs in a zerker)
    2. Grief (probs in PB given how expensive 5-sox ba have gotten)
    3. Death
    4. Doom
    i cant afford the last 2 (death cos of the 5-sox eth ba required and doom cos of the runes) so jus wanna see what comes out top, the grief pb or botd zerker?

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

The worst grief PB does more damage than the best eBotDz, and that's even ignoring weapon speed (PB is faster).

3. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

Both hit 4fpa zeal though, either work well.

My choice is eth death war spike. Highlords and LoH gloves gives you enough ias for a 4fpa zeal + with gulli's face and gores you have 100%CB and 100%CS.

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I will still go with Grief Pb.

Only a Death Berserker axe can actually rival a 390+ Grief pb.

5. hardnfast

Theres only 12.75 base average damage differance between an eth BA and eth WS, so on a 350%ed roll the warspike will do 53 less average damage... But you don't have to find the extra 20%ias to reach 4fpa, so you don't have to use the ugly demon head helm.

Or as you say you can use a grief pb and do more damage... I just prefer the death warspike.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

20% LOh + 20% Highlords + 10% Nos coil + ed/15 ias jewel in Guilimare's face.

There you go.

7. hardnfast

Of course there are lots of differant gear setups, but then I'm stuck using nos coil, I can't um the gulli's face... It all depends what your planning on doing with the zealot.

8. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

Grief pb has my choice, and the reason is stated on above posts.

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I use Grief PB, Fortitude, Highlords, Guill's Face, Gore Riders. Awesome damage (roughly 6k-6.4k per zeal hit), 83% DS, 50% CB and 35% OW. My gear isn't perfect, and my damage is kind of low for that particular setup.

You can't get too much better in terms of unholy damage output. I hit for 11k-12k damage on every 5/6 hits and bosses drop like flies thanks to 50% CB and Smite being boosted by Grief+Fortitude.

10. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

Maybe I'm crazy but I like the eBOTDz personally for several reasons.

1. 15% life leech! Life leech a must have if you do not have life tap from dracs or exile or even until life tap casts. I have roughly 50% life leech. Some people dont mind waiting but I figure that with 30% life leech doing a lousy 5k damage with 4fpa hitting 3 of 4 swings, thats roughly 15k life per second without life tap.

2. Good damage. Yes, I know that Grief does more damage on average, but its not like 7k damage isnt going to kill most monsters in a few zeals anyways, and the monsters that need more than that, thats what crushing blow is for.

3. 30 all attributes! This is huge. This will easily translate into over 200 life. 30 points not needed spent in dexterity and str and put towards vitality, then 30 from item. No mroe needed to be said here.

Conclusion, Grief is the best PvP weapon hands down, especially when using Smite. Versus monsters, I like BOTD for the life leech, and attributes. Plus, when helpin ppl at lower levels, the posion nova reduces monsters to 1 hit point. I had a Grief (non-ladder) and traded it and slapped my botd back on. Only reason I traded Grief was cause it was a BA instead of PB.

All in all, the first one you come to will be an excellent choice cause zealers rule pvm anyways except for iron maiden :grin:

11. gorash

gorash IncGamers Member

i chose the deathZ as it is a nice style weapon to use as well as having useful mods such for a cb type build.
    LwZ is also not a bad choice even though it breaks so fast :S

12. Asmodeous

Asmodeous IncGamers Member

Schaefers hammer or Stormlash.

For pvm the chance to cast static field makes up a lot of the lower damage of these two weapons. By the time any non lightning immune baddy gets within melee range of your zealer, it's a given they are at half hit points. A schaeferdin can easily get 5kay average damage and against monsters at half hit points is better over all than a higher average damage/CB/DS. which only works against one target at a time.
    I have tried both a high CB set up (with stone crusher) and a grief on my zealer and the schaefers was the fastest. Just take it into the old moo farm and you will see what I mean. Solo hell cows on players 8 difficulty = easy.