Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

weapon for my wind druid

Discussion in 'Druid' started by smf, Mar 26, 2004.

1. smf

smf IncGamers Member

weapon for my wind druid

im working on my lvl 68 wind druid and have a question about which weapon i should be using.

im currently using a unique cudgle with +2 druid skills. now i have a wizard spike i can switch to, which would help out on the cast rate and my resitances (which i need) , but ill lose the skill boost, which sucks.. pluse the wizard spike is useless for killing melee style.

what i would really like is a nice weapon with a fast attack rate, with + skills on it, that i could use to finish off mosnters that get inside my hurricane or can't target with my tornadoes. ... what should i be looking for? something with in the very fast attack range, with good damage, that isn't too expensive to obtain.. am i dreaming here?

i suppose ill have to worry about AR if i want to melee to take out the occasional monster, should i pump dex for this, or get AR through items ?

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

use merc, or twister, or hurricane, or grizzly to finish off these monsters. you got all you need. why make yourself a melee char if you have all this.

from your other thread, i think you are trying to incorporate way too many things in a build. building a wind druid restricts you from going summoner and going melee somewhat. a wind druid is versatile enough, i dont see the use of going melee to finish off monsters, you have enough at your disposal.

the right reason that you want to pump dex is for block for a wind druid, and thats it. as you make your wind tree stronger, you will worry less about using melee tactics.

3. smf

smf IncGamers Member

thanks for your help... im more testing the water of possibility with all these questions, seeing if any other avenues are viable before i finish off my skill points and build. im not straying from a pure wind build yet (1 point in ravens is about it) .. but i always think it's more fun if you can run up and hit things every once and a while and still do some damage .. my first priority is casting, but if i can find a nice + skills weapon and still be able to hit things every once in a while. all the better. and yes, im going to get enough dex for max blocking.. i still have about 150 unspent stat points. haha.

4. Mister-Hat

Mister-Hat IncGamers Member

I was kinda in the same situation. I have a nice rare +2 druid skills cudgel but wizardspike was much better beacuse of the faster cast and the resists. My resists are all 75 in hell now. My merc is pretty good at killing and I have a bear too for cleanup work. I always have to get some summons whenever I make a druid. Just a habit I guess. ;)

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I like wizzy. Define how you 'can't hit with nado' when they get close, I've never had that problem.

6. Roach

Roach IncGamers Member

If for some reason you don't go with the Wiz, a Doom weapon could be ok. You lose the faster caster rate and resists but you pick up Holy Freeze, +2 all skills, and -(40-60%) Enemy Cold Resist which I think might beef up Hurricane.

7. smf

smf IncGamers Member

the tornado kinda goes in a random pattern, every once in a while a monster wont go down between the huricane and tornado, thought it would be nice to have an effective, direct attack for those situations

8. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Also, HoTo is great, and so Earth shakoer is soso.. You can always pick up a bow and become a hunter o_O

9. Savage_Jdyn

Savage_Jdyn IncGamers Member

Hey dont use the cudgel... dont worry about melee dmg or res all u need is the + skills. An wind druid already has cyclone shield which can take about 1.5 to 2k of elemental dmg. I suggest getting a earthshaker or shifter... the shaker is a good 1 hand weap +3 to elem while the shifter is +7! but the str req is freaking high it is also a 2 handed weap which means no shield...

My wind druid uses a earthshaker atm but im planing on getting a hoto...
    good luck and dont worry about melee and res too much

10. acceleration turkey

acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

suicide branch can be a nice middle ground between dark clan crusher's +2 skills and wizardspike's mana/cast rate/resistence bonus. its a wand, but has no necro-specific mods

suicide branch
    One Hand Damage:8 - 18
    Durability:15
    Required Strength:25
    Required Level:33
    Base Weapon Speed:[0]
    Increase Maximum Mana 10%
    +40 to Life
    All Resistances +10
    Attackers Takes Damage of 25
    50% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 To All Skill Levels
    +150% Damage to Undead

so in the end you have a little extra life, a little extra mana, a little +skills, a little resistence and a lot of fast cast.