Weapon for CtA

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Weapon for CtA

I've got the runes ready for a CtA, but I'm kind've stumped as to what weapon I should put it in. I'm wondering because I'll probably only ever have one CtA weapon and it'll get passed around to whatever character I'm playing at the moment. So should I put it into a war staff so that anyone can carry it and use it purely for the BC/BO, or should I put it into an elite 2h axe or polearm or something and create something capable of being used as a decent melee weapon?

Lensor

Banned
Liliel said:
I've got the runes ready for a CtA, but I'm kind've stumped as to what weapon I should put it in. I'm wondering because I'll probably only ever have one CtA weapon and it'll get passed around to whatever character I'm playing at the moment. So should I put it into a war staff so that anyone can carry it and use it purely for the BC/BO, or should I put it into an elite 2h axe or polearm or something and create something capable of being used as a decent melee weapon?
The best tip would be to use it solely for the BO (as switch weapon). Then you should use a one-handed weapon with low req. One-handed so that you can use a lidless wall or spirit shield to give extra +skill to the bo, low req. so that even weak/small characters can use it.

The weapon of choice is usually a crystal sword. Etheral for even lower req. and style points. :cool:

Zjadow

Diabloii.Net Member
Lensor said:
The best tip would be to use it solely for the BO (as switch weapon). Then you should use a one-handed weapon with low req. One-handed so that you can use a lidless wall or spirit shield to give extra +skill to the bo, low req. so that even weak/small characters can use it.

The weapon of choice is usually a crystal sword. Etheral for even lower req. and style points. :cool:
agreed, the dmg on the weapon ain't very important because u'll probably switch, bo, switch back again and don't use the weapon for melee

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Flail or Crystal sword are both standard issue for CTA. Both have low enough reqs. More often than not, the choice of the two is purely an aesthetic issue.

In any case, it has to be a 1-h weapon, so you can use an extra +skills shield (like Sigons, Lidless or Spirit for +skills) to boost skills on the CTA further.

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm i agree with the guys - crystal sword is a great choice for the fact that it does not require dex so caster classes with no investment in dex could equip it. And yes 1-handers are best as BO could be further boosted by Spirit shield - spot on :D

Liliel

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, I didn't realise flails and crystal swords could get that many sockets. So I should use CtA purely as a switch weapon then? Alright; thanks.