Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon for CTA

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by WNxBeeky, Mar 21, 2004.

1. WNxBeeky

WNxBeeky IncGamers Member

Weapon for CTA

Hey -

Had my first ever Ist rune drop for me from hellforge quest today (highest rune in 6 months playing hc) :).

Now i can make a Call to Arms - what weapon should i put it in - i have a 4 skt flail, knout and phase blade....

The only reason i considered a phase blade is that the weapon mod could have 200-240% ed and 40% ias - whichcould prove very useful..... but the req is very high.

Is it better to forget about the ed and ias, and concentrate totally on the bo bonuses putting it on a flail, and allowing any char to use it.

I was intending to place it on my hammerdin.

Thanks in advance.:)

2. Sip

Sip Banned

First of all, you still need ohm. Good luck with that.

Make it in the lowest requirements wep you can find. Don't kid yourself, you're not going to use it as a melee wep.

3. WNxBeeky

Ahh damn the runeword program i have misses out the ohm.... :(

Useless *sigh* well thx anyway - got my hopes up there. Gues sill use the ist for something else. :)

4. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Just hold on 2 that IST.... u never know

5. WNxBeeky

Almost.....

Last night a Hell Cow dropped 'Gul'. :)

Well still keeping an eye out - im not sure if i can get anything decent for gul.

6. kc00l

kc00l IncGamers Member

Well, yesterday I found two trading games named:
    OShakoNGul
    OStormNGul

Result:
    My only and useless (for me) Gul traded for my only Harlequin Crest :)

7. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

While you're discussing...

Can someone give me some opinion on making a Heart of the Oak? I've got the runes per Arreat Summit's info, but I'm concerned about the weapon.

I have an unsocketed Superior Flail that I found in Hell Pit, but I don't know that I want to risk wasting a socket quest in gambling on four sockets - it seems like I could just as easily wind up with 5 for a Hell item. Wouldn't I be better off to keep searching?

Also, would a War Hammer work for HotO? I like War Hammers, but the Summit doesn't mention them under the "Maces" types that HotO works in...

8. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

GULs trade very high as they can be cubed into VEXs, which next to BER and JAH are the most sought after

9. Stimm

Stimm IncGamers Member

4 socket flails are easy enough to find that you shouldnt have to waste a socket quest on one, and if you found it in hell it will get the maximum sockets available. 4 socket flails can be found in norm cows so they are easy enough to get

10. WNxBeeky

Unfortunatly im on hc NON ladder - and as such can't cube up any guls. Thats why i imagine them to be not worth as much. :(

Jmervyn - shame - if you were on Europe non ladder hc i have 5 muled 4 skt flails, 1 knout and 1 scourge. I'm sure i could have provided you one at a cut price. ;-)

I found mine in a variety of places - 3 of them in Hell cow games. With minimal mf, lots of socketted items drop, and it often only takes 2-3 clearances before you find either a 4 skt flail or knout.

11. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Yeah, that's what I thought - I haven't been keeping track of lower weapon drops, but I really don't want to risk wasting a socket quest.

What about the hammer idea? Has anyone done this, like with the beta character set? Since HotO is generally used like a 1-handed staff, the weapon value of it is limited - but if I happen across a great hammer, I don't want to waste the runes. The attractive thing would be the damage increase (>110 strength, I believe) as opposed to the speed decrease...

12. Shadoway

Shadoway IncGamers Member

I think the best weapon for C2A is a Crusader Bow. Requirement is not too high and can be used by zon. Or melee paladin/assasin as weapon switch to kill when there is IM.

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Uhm, HotO doesn't even have any enhanced damage or IAS on it, so why are you even concerned about the weapon dmg or the base weapon speed? It's a caster weapon, casters don't go smacking things with their casting weapon. Plus, War Hammers and Mauls are not considered 'maces', they're 'hammers'. The only valid candidates are Flail, Knout, Scourge, and any staff that can get 4 sockets. It only makes sense to make it in the 1-handed weapon with the lowest reqs, hence everyone making HotO in a Flail.

14. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

More for clarification than anything else. If I find a superior hammer, I didn't want to make the mistake of trying to use it.

But the reason I was unclear is that the weapon class seems to be the same on diabloii.net.