Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon for a Wolfbarb?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Ce Olba, May 25, 2005.

1. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Weapon for a Wolfbarb?

I've just re-geared my old wolfbarb, now that i got forti and stuff. But, i'm thinking, which is a better weapon, oath or gris cad? Since i'm using a shael lightsabre, with dmg 90 to 121, which is pretty low, he does around 900 to 1300 or so, with forti. So, a 4 shael gris weapon would have a lot of speed, but the dmg seems small. And on oath, the speed will not be very fast (unless phaseblade, which means non-eth, aka low dmg). So can u tell me which?

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 Diabloii.Net Member

Griz Caddy with enough IAS for 4 fpa for teh win!

Seriously, 4 fpa feral rage is just beautiful to watch

Couple with fort, highlords and war travs (around +100-150 damage from war travs after skills/feral rage/strength) and your damage should be high enough to rip apart both pvm (Unless very high # of players) and pvp.

3. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

:D cool, since i got all of that. I use a 1.2 life all res 25 sup wire forti on my werebarb. atm i use shael lightsabre, because i don't have griz caddy, and i will have to remake the char anyway. I would rather use goreriders+draculs, because that meáns a lot of open wounds and/or life tap :D and no, i don't consider life tap bm, but other stupid things like enigma's tele is bm to me. And all those barbs with enigma just say "cry noob" and when i say i won't they say " don't whine bacause u are not good enough", but myself i think that gear doesn't make u good. Since i've beaten a lot of good chars, like i beat a fort+grief smiter/zealot with my ww assa. :D and she had chaos, and other gear was bad.

4. cracked sash

cracked sash Diabloii.Net Member

My wolfbarb had a go with my Heaven's Light BER BER, with gores my CB was **% which aint too shabby. I used it until I lvl'd into my Stormlash. I have not tried Oath, but I have a 4xshael Griz Caddy... and yes its fast, but PVM, well the build could kill with the caddy, but lets just say there are better PVM builds out there. My wolfbarb had Fortitude Archon, Phoenix Monarch; and my merc was sportn' a Faith bow giving me Fanaticism too. I could still only hit one monster at a time, so no matter how much damage or attack speed, PVMing was slo. I did have over 4k life though. :thumbsup:

-Sash

5. Zero-unit

Zero-unit Diabloii.Net Member

6. Omikron8

Goreriders on a wolfbarb? WHY!?

Minor Open Wounds --> Worthless in pvm at any level, worthless in pvp except if you are level 90 or higher, and even then you still have to get it to trigger.

Minor Deadly Strike --> This should not be necessary with level 22 mastery (arreat's) + highlord's

Crushing Blow --> Are you counting on this in pvp!?

Dracul's i totally agree with if you are playing in pub duels where anything goes as their high open wounds and life tap work great with a 4 fpa attack. I can't see anyway that dracul's + gores would be better on a wolfbarb than dracul's + travs. The travs also give you 40 more life (boosted by BO further?) and 10 more strength (more life again).

7. Omikron8

Don't try to face smiters with a wolfbarb

I have got my rear handed to me every time i face a semi-decent (in terms of items and/or skill) smiter, whether they be vindicators or pure smiters. The fast ignore-blocking smite totally puts me in recovery lock, even at 86% FHR. Their obscene defense also makes it near impossible to hit them even if i have near 20k AR, because they still have 75% block against my feral rage :(

Even with a wolfbarb's massive life and attack speed the ignore block aspect of smite makes it so damn hard for many melee builds to compete.

8. cracked sash

cracked sash Diabloii.Net Member

lol, I was just saying wolfbarbs aren't the best for PVM. I used the Gores because I wanted to increase my CB with the ber-ber Heaven's Light to **% while lvling (which is a b#tch for wolfbarbs).

-Sash