Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Weapon for a low level FC bear

Discussion in 'Druid' started by shaf, Jan 28, 2004.

1. shaf

shaf IncGamers Member

Weapon for a low level FC bear

Hi all,

I've just started playing with the new patch a couple weeks ago and I decided to make an armageddon/FC/maul hybrid type of bear. I'm level 25 right now on ladder and I'm looking for a good fast weapon and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I just finished act 3 and when I was using Kalim's Flail I was pretty pleased with it's speed, but it disappeared when I smashed the orb of course. Is it possible to keep the flail or get it from someone else and use it as a weapon because it seems like it would be pretty good. Since I just started I don't have many resources so socketing things with shaels isn't really possible. Thanks for the help.

2. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Cutlasses are nice exceptionals. If you find one use the gem reciepes for some open sockets with IAS in it. If you don't mind not having a sheild you should try a repeating crossbow for low lvls. If you're wondering how does a crossbow work with a shapeshifter then you should look at the Buriza druid thread.

3. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I loved khalims but no you can't get it back.
    I think you are high enough to use General's Flail so check that out, nice speed.
    For damage, civerbs cudgel is nice.

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I like Hellplague sword. I use it cause even though not as fast as other weapons, the elemental dmg makes up for it. Not only that +2 fire skills and dual leech.

5. jazepi

jazepi IncGamers Member

just some advice, dont waste your points to attain armageddon, just max the first three in the fire tree, I have a level 80 fireclaw bear and I use armageddon, its just not worth it.heh
    just my 2cents

6. shaf

shaf IncGamers Member

Thanks for the tip

Do you mean it's not worth it in terms of damage?...I think I might just do it because it seems pretty cool :) It's my first character with the new patch so I'm not too worried if it doesn't work

7. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

If your set on it. There is a way to optimize yourself. Its not a bad build because with typical fireclaw bear, you get shockwave which is really darn impressive in PvM.

Get only 1 point in Armageddon and fill it very end game. Reason why is cause all the elemental fire skills add dmg to both fireclaws and Armaggedon as synergy. Let your plus skills boost Armageddons skill dmg.

Also, you dont max FISSURE.

All the calculations would depend on your gear setup but actually saving points from fissure and boosting ARMAGEDDON gains a better return in DMG overall.

8. nastyx

nastyx IncGamers Member

I have a somewhat similair problem only mine has to do with lvl 70~90 issues. Im building a FC PvP bear which has invested all points in the synergies however hell is a pain because alot of the monsters are ofcourse immume to fire. Maul dmg from my phaseblade is a joke and doesnt do much at all.
    So my question is what kind of weapon has enough speed to wield with maul at a good rate + does alot of fysical dmg to boost.

From what I've seen there are some options:
    - IK Maul: nice dmg, speed "okish with dual shael/ias jewel. Problem is the req: 225 str is quite abit. Im at 165 now (with enigma). "Wasting" 60 points which I wont really use in PvP seems dumb
    - Schaeffers: nice dmg, crap speed
    - Windhammer: nice dmg, ok speed -> Worth a try
    - Baranar's: given the 1-200 of all elements + speed this seems quite good. I'm gonna try this one first

Anyone got other ideas?

9. Asheron

Asheron IncGamers Member

If you ever come across 6 Shaels during your adventure,you might want to try a 6 Shaeled Dimensional Blade.
    It's really good for low-mid level.

Other than that,a nice rare cutlass would be nice with decent IAS on it,as mentioned above.

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Dimensional is base 0 speed.