Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wealth Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by chenw, Aug 23, 2010.

1. chenw

chenw Diabloii.Net Member

Wealth Question

This is not regarding the Runeword Wealth, just wealth in general.

I have played Ladder season 5 and recently just started on season 6. One of the biggest changes I have found were:

A. Bnet Trade channels were dead, literally. At least this is the case on USW. I used to play on USE but a shift of country (from Ireland to Taiwan) also meant shift of realm.

B. After scouring through the trade forums, it would seem to be that the only uniques that are actually worth anything are the TC87 uniques (Coronas, Diadems etc), everything else has gone to the pit (no pun intended). It seems like MF is now for gearing yourself rather than using it for any kind of income.
    So my questions are.

1. What caused such a change? Going from duped runes to botted runes? Baal bots? Patched the loophole in duping?

2. What could one do to increase your wealth, in terms of high end runes? I was thinking P Gems or craft packs, or even Torches?

Thanks!

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Re: Wealth Question

1. Bots.
    2. Collect pgems and crafting/Spirit runes.

3. SeCKSEgai

SeCKSEgai Diabloii.Net Member

1. By patching the most used dupe method(s), botting was the next resort.
    Remember how hard it was to find someone to run chaos/baal season 5 at times?

2. As I made the majority of my wealth last ladder on torches, this season their worth a fraction compared to last. Lotta work for poorer return. Can still work, just not nearly as efficient as before.

Craft packs works if you don't mind the muling, but then again, only the "richer" folk can afford to buy them regularly.

A few uniques still have value, but a reduced one for sure, its not all TC87.

With the market the way it is, you may end up finding the runes yourself faster than trading finds. I got so sick of it all I made the switch to SP. I would suggest you consider making the switch as there is little bnet offers that can't be had on SP.

4. reBornz

reBornz Diabloii.Net Member

People just don't trade though the channel anymore. So sad.

5. SeCKSEgai

People hardly trade at all really in comparison to previous seasons.

6. chenw

I did note that the Trade channels were pratically devoid of any traders.. I was thinking that it was either the server or because it was pretty early in the season. Then I remembered that I started season 5 at about the same time and there were far more trading...

Might have to start doing professional AT runs...

Quick question, Do ppl do Pit/AT/etc runs with MF gear these days or just pure monster mass genocide gear?

7. SeCKSEgai

The only reason I bother with MF is that I'm collecting uniques and sets - but either way you're lookin at a massive number of kills - deaths of d2 monsters by me number in the millions, and I'm sure the dedicated SP players blow that out of the water.

8. chenw

hmm... intriguing...
    I'll probably not bother with MF for the time being then, I don't have the survivall MF gear (Tal set) and so everything past act 2 would murderise me.

Does Pindle still have the capability of being able to drop every unique/set in the game?

9. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

He can still drop all of the pre-1.10 uniques/sets, but he cannot drop Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael's Might which came with 1.10.