Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

We Need More Duelers On UsEast HCL!!!

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Kilmin, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

We Need More Duelers On UsEast HCL!!!

WTF I make my first Dueler. A lvl 57 Zerker.. And nobody will Duel me Except higher lvl people. Someone my OWN lvl wont duel me and they are SUPPOSED to be duelers? I always get slammed by lvl 80 + chars. Althought my highest kill so far has to be lvl 89 Amazon. She was Bow so no biggie there. 1 Hit Ko Biaaaaa*ch! I have dueled numorous people but they always chicken or run back to town. C'mon peeps.!!!!! Make more duels. I want a duel to death! I wont duel Barbs 73 or higher just because SS. Impossible to hit even though I got 13k AR. Gime idea's on how to Taunt peeps to duel me that are my LVL! or Slightly higher!!

2. Matt

Matt IncGamers Site Pal

Fake gear.

I'm not talking about echoing weps, I'm talking get a decent fake, something a mediocre dueler at your level would use. Put that on, then get people to duel you. When they accept, pop to a diff. act, switch gear, take cold plains wp and walk back towards town.

I think it works that if you can see them on the mini-map, maphackers can scroll out and scan you by stepping an inch outside town. If you're a tele zerker, use that to your advantage if you want, but unless you wanna risk them seeing your gear, dont get within sight on the minimap, until you're really dueling.

But my answer to your question would be get some worse, but still believable gear, act like its your real gear, and "make a mistake" so maphackers see your fake weapon, much more likely they'll duel you.

-Matt

3. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Go to LLD... plenty of people there.

4. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

i have a 61 druid. Leave your name and poke your head into some duel games in normal in the next week and i'll find you, we'll have it out.

5. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

Azaza My Account is *ep Char name is *WizZzLe

6. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

The day dacy,me and JDR quit diablo 2,Mid to high lvl barb duels died, never to recover.

I still have the best 57 useast barb ever.1.09 though =p.

7. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

same old seph, bark little doggy bark! ..... wheres the bite? ;)

it's easy to build chars when you have bots running items for ya, or "botters giving me items" as dacy would have it. The only illegitamate item i own is an 08 gaze/40% ed sitting on an 09 mule somewhere, who gave it to me? oh yeah, dacy...its one thing to claim your the best, its another thing to do it without breaking any rules :)

JDR killed me once, i killed him once, whats that make us? Dacy and I never really had it out any mld, but then again i never really saw him around mld...strange enough i never saw you around mld.

Opinions are like ***holes, everyone has one (keeping it PG13), and every pvp person on here an opinion on who's the best at what. Dacy made some damn good lld guys, but i never saw Dacy make anything that Phil (enigma[x]) didnt make just as good if not better, including high lvl duped gear barbs if you consider that HLD. J's 58 scourge barb (was 58 right?) was DAMN strong, DAMN strong, he packed one mean ww. That item is one of my fav items to date, but when all you can build is 5x barbs kind of becomes a 1 hit wonder dont you think?

Anyways, .09 is the past. 1.1 is the present, as per mld barbs now, Henry built a very good 2 hander with a weapon I convinced a friend of mine to trade him. woulda put hakka's 2 hand wwer to shame. My 61 druid now, with the right charms would never lose to another druid 50-72 in an "all things considered" duel, does that make him the best? i'd never be so arrogant as to make a comment like that.

...I guess thats what bugged me bout your post, was that even after you quit, and even after time has passed, your arrogance is still astounding. I'm sorry to all others who read are stuck reading this "flame", but even in my annoyance of your post, i'm still thankful for it. Brings back some memories of good ole .09 days, and as much as you drove me nuts, I'd take a hundred seph's over the chicken users and persistant maphackers that infest the duel games today. (maybe not 100 ;))

...anyways, i'm just procastinating on my term paper, thanks for everyones patience, i dont snap at ppl too often, so every once in awhile its nice to let out a little steam :)

Kilmin, after today (monday) i'm done my paper and i should have time to sneak on d2 (ping allowing) and i'll find ya so we can have a little fun.

8. Carnage-DVS

Everyone seems to be under the misconception that Dacy gave me items or that I botted constantly. I botted maybe...1 month? I quit after that and never looked back. Flame me all you want, everyone who is worth knowing knew that I botted and that I quit.

Dacy never gave me any items. If you knew dacy at all,you knew he was stingy as hell. Whatever items dacy gave me were traded for. I just knew how to turn a good profit and if I saw something I really really wanted, I went all out for it.

The last couple of months in 1.09, all i traded for were legit 38+/13+ ed/max jewels and legit 38+/ias jewels,jewelers elite unshoppable armors of the whale,high ll with high stat rings,+2 barb crafted amulets with good ll and stats,and ofcourse, fine/sharp of vita. Not to mention good ethereal cruels.

So to reiterate. Don't accuse me of having botted gear,or gear given by botters.
    It's true that Henry had a great mid level barb and enigma had great lld chars as well. Too bad Henry also botted.

Jdr had uber barbs. His high lvl barbs were almost,or as good as mine.

The thing is,we three brought a skill level to high level dueling that is sorely lacking nowdays. Jdr had one of the best zerkers out there as well. Dacy..whatever you may say about him duping/botting,he had skill. Me...I'll let my previous deeds speak for themselves.
    Hakka was a good/great dueler as well. Dont know if he's still around,but I gotta give props up to him.

The rest,including 3vil,were merely sub par.

9. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

with respect to "being given items by botters" i was referring more to dacy, he would always gloat how ppl just give him stuff.

but as for the rest, the only problem with it is its all "self-proclaimed" and a big proclamation at that. With no real grounds for it. "My dueler never lost a duel!" how many ppl have duelers that can say that, i know i can say that bout at least 4 or 5 of mine...doesnt make them the best. So if never losing a duel doesnt make them the best, what does? I'd like to know because u seem to have the answer to that. How you've managed to conclude that you have the right to determine who is the best I'll never know.

10. Carnage-DVS

I wouldn't say the best. I would say most well known I guess. Although during the last few months of 1.09, there were hardly any legit high lvl barbs.
    I wouldn't call myself the best either, but I know I was in the upper echelon of duelers.

If you say that Hakka was one of the better high lvl duelers, then I was certainly at his level.

11. AzaZaz

AzaZaz IncGamers Member

I took hakka's ear 4 times, he failed to take mine. Most were pkk's however. I think hakka was probably his biggest fan and his bark was far worse then his bite.

But its a matter of opinion too, because i've never considered high lvl dueling to be a determining factor in what makes a good dueler. I see high lvl as taint dueling where it is more item based versus tactics and skill. Whereas low is more skill based, and mid is more build based. that would be my characterization, not saying its right but thats how i see things. So if someone tears **** up with his lvl 90 barb, but cant make a simple successful lvl 15 or something, I don't give him or her as much credit as a dueler as i would someone who was well rounded in all aspects of dueling. But if maphack and chicken had never become an issue, I would never have gotten into dueling, I'd still be pkk'ing 24/7...so much more fun killing a pk who thinks he's killin you.

12. Carnage-DVS

I never wanted to make a lvl 15. Low lvl duels bored me. The lowest I went was 37.

I considered high lvl dueling to be 70% items,20% skill,10% luck and lag.Skill did however play a large part. If you didn't know how to ww properly, or when to zerk, you didn't last very long.

13. sonikki_

sonikki_ IncGamers Member

Zerkers have zero def when they hit ppl. Besides, its not SS you should phear, its the allmighty BoTD.

14. Carnage-DVS

IMO, a good % Ethereal Death Cleaver>BOTD.

15. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

The eternal struggle. EDC vs. BotD.

Lucky

16. Carnage-DVS

I had one on ladder before my items somehow got jacked. I think it was 263%ed. 66% deadly is just sex.

17. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

If tamer has any of my dueling gear left over that he could let me die with, then i'd be glad to duel on us east -_-. Something to beat those zerkers...

18. Kilmin

Kilmin Banned

lol.... Bring it on Gabe. My barb is no Punk. Althought I am remaking him lvl 53 instead of 57. So I hopefully will get more duelz my lvl.

19. Still-Xey-Lover

Still-Xey-Lover IncGamers Member

Anyone know how i can get in contact with Tamer? Nothing can really "own" a zerker at that level. Specially the tele ones.

20. Majestik1474

Majestik1474 IncGamers Member

a few replies.

first off, if you are looking for a duel, tell me and i will gear BtK-Bodybagz and duel you. He is a lvl 60 ww barb. Also, i agree with DVS, EDC > BoTD, which i think i've proven with my testrun pally...i tested it with both an edc 276% and an ebotdz 405%...66% deadly strike plz, GG. when i can beat BoTD chars that are built specifically for dueling with a mule char i threw gear onto, i think it says something for the ethereal dcleaver. My pally was a lvl 87 zealot btw, if anybody wants to challenge him to a duel, you're welcome to as i've remade him with dueling stats in mind now. BtK-HellRazor is the name, i'm on at night usually.

as for DVS saying that mld--hld died when he/dacy/etc left, i'll both agree and disagree. I agree that it died, and i'll agree that having dacy around made it much more interesting for various reasons, but i dont think that it died because u 3 left. Hakka was a close friend of mine, although i never really got involved with his friends, and true, he did love to talk crap, but eh, nothing wrong with that, he was fine at dueling. I still miss oldskoo dueling...pre .09 etc

P.S.: Xey, my accnt is *war-machines

BtK-Spinal