"We love to be NAKED Tournament"

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
"We love to be NAKED Tournament"

Hello boys and girls and people of all ages...How many times have you just wanted to get naked and kill monsters?....anyone?.......well ok now here is your chance, strap on your jockstraps and get ready for a tournament that will test the most skilled and will challange everyone who attempts. Yes i am talking about a naked tournament were cloths/armour is a thing of the past.

This tournament is mainly inspired by the great Insanse Wayne who is seriously amazing when it comes to getting naked. Also i thaught it would be a great tourny idea.

Ok lets get some rules going.

RULES
1- NO EQUIPMENT!!!!! nothing.. you are naked you cant wear stuff because your too cool for that. So therefore there will be No gear of any kind, no jewelry, and no charms.
2- You must play Single player (no MP) and your character must be HC (Hardcore).
3- NO ESC to avoid death.
4- You must be Untwinked (no twinking of gear).
5- Single pass, no re running of any areas/bosses. You may also do Full clears if you wish.
6-Any class/build is allowed for this tourny, there will be no restrictions on any skill as you will need all of them greatly once you approach tougher areas.
7-Mercs are allowed equipment (rare, unique, runewords etc).. this is very important when it comes down to relying on your merc (depending on what build you decide to do). However there is no twinking of gear allowed for your merc.
8- All quests and waypoints must be completed and collected before entering next difficulty (note in scoring that if you decide to leave a waypoint or do not complete a quest and move to the next act, you do not gain the 3 points).
9- RRM is allowed however RWM is not allowed.
10-ATMA may not be used as an extended stash (so choose your gear for your merc wisely and also your gems/runes)
11- Any players setting is allowed. however no cheese with p/8 for chests.
12- This tournament will run until there is a guardian.

Now thats enough of rules lets talk about scoring points.

SCORING
1- +1 point for each waypoint collected (this also includes Rogue camp etc)
2- +2 points for each quest completed.
3- +3 points for fully completing an act (all maypoints/quest must be completed)
4- +5 points for completing Normal difficulty
5- +7 points for completing Nightmare difficuly
6- +10 points for becomming a GUARDIAN!
7- -1 point for each level gained

THE WINNER!!!!! is the person who gets a guardian with the most amount of points. There will be no prices...however the winner may rub it into the other contestants if he/she beats them :grin:.

I will enter this tournament and attempt my best but school holidays end for me on tuesday and i have to get back to study/school. I will continue to look into this thread to see if any questions comes up and also to see how people progress.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!

Code:
Name        Character            Class           Level          Act      Points
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Morathi     Zurcrus              Druid           1              1          0

Dead/Retired
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

Scatha

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm not actually going to be able to join this tournament (unless it runs till about July, in which case I might make a late appearance, as it seems fun), but I have a suggestion:

Why not give a bonus score multiplier if your merc is naked too? Won't force people to, but would recognise the extra challenge. :flip: (sorry, just like that smiley and have never used it)

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
dune6836    nudedude             druid           1              1          0

Dead/Retired
since there isnt a time limit this will make a nice change from running forge. i have tried this with a barb, pally and necro before. the necro is easy. never tried a druid before. i gave myself 1 point because i found the rogue camp wp without too much searching. dune
--
edit. changed score. also since there has now been a rule change about charms that enables mele chr to play i might change mind on class. am thinking.

Last edited:

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
CHANGE IN RULES!!!!!!! CHARMS ARE ALLOWED!!!!!

@Scatha. It may just run to july....maybe even december who knows. As it is naked alot of people will die so join if you want and see how far you can go. About the merc going naked as well... umm i guess you can choose that path however in my opinion alot of people would prefer having the ability to equip the merc. So i dont think i will do anything in that regards

@dune6836. You are wrong you should be on 0 points. The reason we start at 0 point is +1 for the WP, and -1 because the character is level 1(even though it says -1 points for each level gained the character level 1 still counts for this).

once people's questions have settled down and if i decide any more rule changes, i will repost the rules with any new information added. So people dont have to check over the whole thread to see if there has been any changes made to the rules.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member
Oops, I didn't see this thread.

Anyway, I don't think charms are a problem. (People are still naked, after all) I do think that outfitting the merc could be a problem for the tourney, though. A merc can complete the entire game on his own with good gear. What if someone finds a Hone Sundan? :\

Last edited:

mwille

Diabloii.Net Member
Here are my thoughts.

1. Don't allow charms. One of the challenges of going naked is that your resistances, life, mana, etc. will be lower than usual, & charms will be able to make up for that. At least ban charms with "defensive" properties such as resistance, +life/mana, +defense, etc.

2. Allow the use of any weapon(s), but not shields, for NON casters/summoners. Most melee/ranged skills are based on a % of the weapon or can't even be used without a weapon. At least allow non-magical weapons. That way if someone wants to be suicidal & try a melee character, they will at least have a fighting chance. (The assassin's Weapon Block may need to be banned for dual claw builds.)

3. Allow the use of a weapon on a Merc, but NOT armor so that it is "naked" as well. They will still be helpful in killing, but will have the same challenge as the player for staying alive.

zarfen

Diabloii.Net Member
IMO, no weapons! that destroys the whole idea of this tournement. Charms should not either be allowed, imo. merc's are fine imo. what else should a naked barb do? :p

Scatha

Diabloii.Net Member
I think that allowing full merc gear is a little too much, as it may come down to 'who has the best equipment for their merc?' To combine a couple of mwille's suggestions from above, instead of having a completely naked merc you could restrict it to 'non-magical equipment only' for them. But anything too extreme and everyone will take Act III mercs.

Allowing non-magical (with nothing allowed in sockets) weapons for melee types seems a little odd, but actually somewhat balancing and quite fun from that perspective. I think you'd actually get people using ethereal weapons until they broke (assuming anyone was mad enough to try a melee build ... which in this company actually seems quite likely). Anyone who really didn't like the idea could just play a completely naked character.

Charms or not doesn't bother me. It adds a little more flexibility to players, at the cost of some of the challenge. It adds power to the player, though, rather than the mercenary, which seems a good thing.

wakiki

Diabloii.Net Member
I wouldn't mind letting certain item-specific skills be used with white weapons. For example, a poison dagger Necro using a plain dagger. This would allow alot more builds to be used, and would allow Amazons other than Valkyriezons to play in the tournament.

For example, I wouldn't have any problem with a Zon using Frozen Arrow while weilding a white Short Bow. Just something to consider.

I don't think that people should be able to use weapons just because they want to. For instance, someone who uses Zeal can't use a Club, since he can Zeal with his fists. The weapons would only be used for skills that require a certain weapon.

Since I feel like it, I'm going to list all skills that require an item to use, as well as the item that players would be allowed to use (the worst one):

Amazon

Jab (Spear/Javelin) [physical/worthless beyond Act I normal]

Power Strike (Spear/Javelin)

Poison Javelin

Impale (Spear/Javelin) [physical/worthless]

Lightning Bolt

Charged Strike (Spear/Javelin)

Plague Javelin

Fend (Spear/Javelin) [physical/worthless]

Lightning Strike (Spear/Javelin)

Lightning Fury

Magic Arrow (Short Bow) [physical/worthless beyond Act I normal]

Fire Arrow (Short Bow)

Cold Arrow (Short Bow)

Multiple Shot (Short Bow) [physical/worthless beyond Act I normal]

Exploding Arrow (Short Bow)

Ice Arrow (Short Bow)

Guided Arrow (Short Bow) [physical/worthless]

Immolation Arrow (Short Bow)

Strafe (Short Bow) [physical/worthless]

Freezing Arrow (Short Bow)

Assassin

Tiger Strike (1 Katar) [physical/worthless beyond Act I normal]

Dragon Claw (2 Katars) [physical/worthless beyond Act I normal]

Fists of Fire (1 Katar)

Cobra Strike (1 Katar) [physical/worthless once you invest in vitality]

Claws of Thunder (1 Katar)

Blades of Ice (1 Katar)

Phoenix Strike (1 Katar)

Claw Mastery (1 Katar) [this is actually useful for the AR for trigger elemental charge skills]

Weapon Block (2 Katars)

Necromancer

Poison Dagger (Dagger)

Barbarian

Sword Mastery (Short Sword)

Axe Mastery (Hand Axe)

Mace Mastery (Club)

Polearm Mastery (Bardiche)

Throwing Mastery (Throwing Knife)

Spear Mastery (Spear)

Double Throw (2 Throwing Knives) [worthless except for elemental charms

[all of these would be worthless if elemental damage charms aren't allowed; otherwise they will be useful for improving attack rating]

Sorceress and Druid

none

Paladin
Smite (Buckler) [worthless for damage, perhaps the stun would be useful?]

Holy Shield (Buckler) [this means that a Paladin would be the only character able to use a shield, and only one of two that can block (including the Assassin). good luck going to max block with a Buckler, though...

Let me know if I missed any, guys. (Does Double Swing require weapons?) I listed that for your consideration and convenience; if you did decide to implement the rule, you could just copy and paste the list.

As for charms, I'm neither for them nor against them. I do like the idea of a Frenzy Barb with loads of elemental damage charms. On the other hand, stacked resist and life charms seems a little cheesy. Perhaps mwille's idea is a good one.

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for all your comments and suggestions.

Firstly it is a naked tourny for a reason not a no armour tourny or weapons only tourny. It means fully naked no equipment (initially all slots on that character are empty). So no equipment on your character.

I decided to add charms because charms are not part of what we wear. They do not change the characters appearance, so your still naked. They also will help non experienced players characters out abit better with being able to gain some resist/life/mana etc.

@mwille. you may be right about charms making up for resist/life/mana. But it is not going to make a huge difference. (if people continue to say no charms then i will take off that rule and keep it to how it was at the start of the tourny)

About mercs. Being Naked is all about your character not your merc. He is there to protect you and you equip him with whatever equipment you find and he tries his best to keep you alive, IT IS HIS DUTY!!!. So mercs there is no restirictions, you may equip whatever you fancy on him.

Last edited:

NecromanSassin

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Necsin      GarlicMilk           Sorceress       1              1          0

Dead/Retired
Can I shorten my name to "Necsin" because NecromanSsassin won't fit :shocked: .

Sounds like an interesting tourney too. I'm a big nooblet but I'll try it out!

tripsu

Diabloii.Net Member
What if it was just untwinked? That way no one's merc could be all that powerful and charms wouldn't swing things in anyone's direction too far.

I plan on adding myself (don't know how to do tables though), and playing untwinked. I'll wait on the rule updates a little before I start playing, but b/c I've been a fan of Superdave's thread for quite a while now I plan on playing a naked Valk Amazon, called SuperEnvy.

I'm 100 percent positive I won't win, but I think it would be cool if I could just make it to lvl 30 and get the valk!

Anyways, I think its clear that a necromancer will win this.

Good luck all! :thumbsup:

Oh... can anyone point me in the direction of how to edit tables?

Morathi

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
Morathi     Zurcrus              Druid           7              1         -3

Dead/Retired
WP= 2 (+2)
Quests= 1 (+2)
Level= 7 (-7)
total points = -3

Zurcrus has started his journy by selling his starting gear :wink3:. I started out on p/8 so i could build up my levels quickly and begin massing my hordes of summons. Clearing through the Blood Moor i decided to throw my fists around :cool:. Once i reached level 6 the going was easy, i quickly trained an Oak Sage and a Spirit wolf to add to my horde.

Upon entering the Den of evil i continued to throw my fists around at any foe that dared to approach me. On my way i managed to find a nice little small charm with 9 to life and 3% fire resist on it :azn:. Thats a keeper!!. SO far i have fully cleared everything up to the Cold plains waypoint.

@tripsu. This already is Untwinked as i stated in the rules. No one can twink gear onto their mercs. And of course not on there character as YOU ARE NAKED!!! :)

dune6836

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:
dune6836    nudedude             druid          12              1         -2

Dead/Retired
i set off with a gentle breeze lapping my exposed regions and was soon right hooking my way across the blood moor at players1.

i full cleared everything and put my first skill points into raven and poison creeper. i found a skill shrine in the blood moor and recast my creeper. this was a huge boost to his killing power and he stayed alive right upto where i stopped at the entrance to the black marsh.
--
once i had a small army i upped it to players3
--

i am clvl 12 (almost 13) i have points as follows..
arctic blast 1 point
cyclone armour 1 point
raven 4 points
poison creeper 1 point
oak sage 4 points
spirit wolf 1 point.
--
i havent decided yet whether to boost poison creeper or go for carrion vine. i hired a cold rogue after killing blood raven.
--
the dark wood wp was right next to the entrance for black marsh so was a good place to stop.
--
wps activated 4*1=4
quests completed 3*2=6
clvl 12
points 10-12= -2
--
we are on our way. dune
--
tripsu, to edit the tables. click on the quote button. delete the words quote and /quote and all the text from the previous respondant. leaving only the table and the words code and /code. make your changes inside the code tags. add what you want to say at the bottom. click on preview to ensure it all lines up ok. hit submit. try it, whats the worse that can happen? ;) dune

Rashiminos

Diabloii.Net Member
Code:

Rashiminos  SouthSeaFist         Amazon          7              1         -1
dune6836    nudedude             druid          12              1         -2

Dead/Retired
This ought to be fun. An amazon using her sacred powers and her beautiful nudity. Corpsefire on p8 without gear is actually a challenge. No Charms have dropped for her yet. Blood Moor and Den of Evil Clear. Cold Plains road to burial grounds cleared, blood raven tackled at p1 for the sake of sanity (turns out she runs toward you sometimes, that is if you are running your butt off).

Quests: 2 (+4)
Waypoints: 2 (+2)
Levels: 7 (-7)
Score: -1