Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WC3 or SC

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Dahkar, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

WC3 or SC

Anyone here interested in playing WC3 or SC with me? I'm bored of WoW and need something to pass the time.

2. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

I play Warcraft 3, but only the mod Defense of the Ancients:Allstars for it. I think it's the most popular mod out there for it. Lots of fun.

3. LuckyDwarf

LuckyDwarf IncGamers Member

SC is the greatest RTS ever made. I'd play it if I wasn't hooked on Guild Wars. :)

Lucky

4. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

Ditto.7890

5. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

I like to play warcraft 3 (w/ frozen throne) but I am not the strongest competitive player. Maybe we can try to play 2P v 2C or something, I have been looking for a more permanent WC3 buddy.

I play under the account rachil0 on the US east server (I can't remember their weird equivalent name for it, azeroth or lordaeron or whatnot). I don't even know how to shout to other players or whatnot so please message here if you would like to set up a game and meeting time.

:thumbsup:

6. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

hop on starcraft useast and track down g0t.HoNoR, and i'll gladly game with ya...

SC > WC3

cheers
    -tai

7. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

agreed. although i play both; w3 AND sc, and sc is very simple yet complex at the same time. im not sure why blizzard made a better 'sc'(remember, im quoting, its not the same) but with better graphics, not gameplay.

lets compare it, shall we?

w3 = 4races, thats harder to balance than 3. for which is, an imbalanced game. its balanced through what? 17patches? while sc, which launched long time ago, 97. and only has 12 patches.

the ladder system is cool for w3, but with the messed up AMM(annoymous match making), it makes the team unbalanced. one team will be better than another(team levels), this new patch dont count levels anymore but statistics and win chance %.

whatever the case may be, im sticking to SC... sorry w3.. i cant believe i wasted my money!

SC, east / west: REDNU is my account. cheers! :winner:

8. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

Haven't played SC in a long time.....

How do u get resources again :bonk:

9. Valar-Wrath

Valar-Wrath IncGamers Member

Is it just me or does anyone else hate SC? It just seemed like an alien version of Age of Empires.

*Crawls in flame-proof hole*

10. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

you sick sad person... BURN HIM AT THE STEAK... or eat it?

11. Raith

Raith IncGamers Member

mmmh.. bbQ human, YUM!

12. MoUsE_WiZ

MoUsE_WiZ IncGamers Member

:rant::rant::rant::rant:
    If you're going to say Starcraft is an alien version of anything, then say it's "just Warcraft in space". That would be a horribly inaccurate statement, but at least it wouldn't be comparing Starcraft to the piece of trash that was AoE... even my friend who swears by AoK admits AoE was garbage.

13. Valar-Wrath

What's the huge difference then? AoE was constructing an army and buildings, finding resources, and attacking your enemies. Looked like SC was the same way. I believe all the controls were the same also.

14. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

Then why don't you group all rpgs as a clone of each other? All you do is get better gear and try to have the highest character. Hell you could group all games as a clone of each other in the fact that their just a way to pass time.

15. Valar-Wrath

I didn't use such general similarities when grouping the two games. My idea of SC is that it's a more advanced, space version of AoE. Maybe I'm wrong as I've only played it a little and a while back but am I way off or what? Are there huge differences that I'm missing or are the similarities that I state not so similar? Because you didn't exactly prove me wrong. :confused:

16. Greex

Greex Banned

How could you hate starcraft? That was the first blizzard game I ever played when I first got my computer at age 10 or 11 i think. I played it for so long. I would stay up countless nights and play with my pot of coffee right next to me. I loved ladder except for the fact that it was slow -_-
    The only thing that obthered me was so many people used mh. Is that what it's called ? I play diablo to much -_-

I only stopped playing because my disk broke. I didn't buy a new one because i took it as a sign i played to much o_o

Starcraft takes my vote even tho i love warcraft 3. I agree the ladder system is really messed up. I hate being a lvl 14 and going up against a lvl 33. Not fair :p Especially since I have my good days and my bad. Some days i almost completely forget strategies and the others that's all i can think about -_-
    Starcraft still takes the cake tho :D

17. WingBlade

WingBlade IncGamers Member

U mean u had strategies.... I just made things in random order.... ooh look there's a queen... should I build a tank 1st or should I make a bunker....

18. Dahkar

Dahkar IncGamers Member

No, but valar thats essentially what an RTS game is. ALL rts games have to do with building an army, finding an opponent, then killing them. Warhammer 40k... all of them. Would you call the Lord of the Rings a clone of some earlier fantasy book? It has to do with good vs evil.

19. Valar-Wrath

You're right, but then AoE really IS like SC. There are some differences, and I agree SC is probably better and more advanced, but the two are very similar.

That's all I was saying, that SC was a more advanced version of AoE. According to you, I was correct.

That makes me wonder how someone can love SC so much and think it's one of the greatest games but then despise AoE and think it's a pile of junk when the two are so alike.

Maybe I didn't play enough of either.

/shrug

20. Oxy

Oxy IncGamers Member

o]O2[o on East and Europe. op ta.com