Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

WB ???'s

Discussion in 'Druid' started by CyberHawk, Mar 26, 2004.

1. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

WB ???'s

Well was just asking a few questions about my new WereBear, trading in my 1.09.

Back in 1.09 I used a IK Maul, wasnt to impressed, these days I got a WindHammer lying around...wouldnt this Windhammer be superior over the old 1.09, but yet, now w/the 2 sockets of the new IK maul, am I stuck with such a weapon once again?

I've done alot of looking around, and seems IK is more liked now, over windhammer, of course the windy seems to have more crushing blow, but alot seem to use more IK gear, which makes sense to use the maul as well.

So I guess my question is this...I'm looking into more dmg. Arent we all sometime or another?
    So would it be a windy, or IK....I ask only casue I havent seen it answerd anywhere, and my current druid stipped cant hold IK anymore, so I was hopeing maybe someone else could try this on for me, without maul charge/charms and such, possible a good figure in damage here, or as close as possible.
    I usde to use Hellslayer, but never got fast enough for me to keep using, plus costly after awhile...but I like the 6k dmg I used to have, compared to around I think 4k dmg with IK?

and also those who DO use more IK related gear. Are you more impressed with this build, or the usual Gores/String/Magnus Gloves build? And in build I mean for PvM.

Thx for furture answers.:)

Edit. As I progress, you may see this soon to be dying post, reposted...sorry for that, if it ticks anyone off. :cheesy:

2. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Just bump this one with new info to update ;)

I'd definitely recommend the new IK Maul, if you can get it. Good speed, decent damage, and lots of elemental with the other gear added. An excellent weapon by any standards.

And 4K at twice the speed of 6K is better ;)

3. CyberHawk

So its possible to say that IK Crusher could be a end game weapon. So wouldnt it be wise to go the Ik belt/gloves/boots combo as well?

Or would the gore/gloves(magnus)/string be a better route?

With the new 1.10 set IK givs some leech/ias and AR..but of course I get more Crushing blow with gores..hmm. :scratch:

Oh and also...ias does work in helms/armors and such right? I remember from the barb channel that I think it was ed% some reason didnt work they way its supposed to..but ias I believe did.

4. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

ED% works differently now. IAS is the same. Won't help a Bear with IK Maul much if at all, I think. You can check the calculator, though. IAS jewels fall under the OIAS category.

I haven't personally tried the two setups against one another, but I'm sure the IK set route would work well.

5. Uriah_Heep

Uriah_Heep IncGamers Member

I use the whole IK set(maul with 2 shaels) and it is really fantastic.I tried Goblin Toes as well and is great too but running/walking is kind of slow.

6. CyberHawk

Also about armors...Dragoon talked about using Dural Shell with an UM rune in it, I believe this is his set-up he uses. So is this pretty much what everyone uses? I used to use shaft, but ya had serious resits problems in hell, so the Durial I can see that advantage.

Whats some of your thoughts.

7. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

ED has no problems, it works fine and it works the same, just doesn't work correctly with max damage.

What kind of gear do you have access too?

8. CyberHawk

Well I got pretty good barb gear..like Bane, waterwalks, String, Shaft, Courpsemourn, etc.
    But in armors I have Shell, Bane, shaft, Toothrow, LionHeart, Courpsemourn, 1200def with 2 opensockets armor, BlackHades, Grizwolds.

I did find a UM rune the other day.

My so far plan is to use, for sure items,

Jalas Mane,
    switch weapons -Banars Star/Timakes Rebuke---Dragoons recommendation.
    7%Lifeleech ring w/17str,othermods(resist)
    RavenFrost

Thinking of going the IK route with
    Gloves
    Belt
    Boots
    Maul

I guess I'll use Hunger to mana leech when I need it.(1 point)

This kinda what you asked for Mpersoner?