Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Way to shop higher tier normal wands from Ormus?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Pherdnut, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Way to shop higher tier normal wands from Ormus?

I thought I read somewhere that Ormus sells normal wands with higher tier staffmods if you're low enough level in Normal but I can't find it now. Anybody know what level this is?

2. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

You can get Ormus to sell non-magic wands (is that what you mean?) by being low enough level, but that still won't get the higher level staffmods.

Staffmods are based on ilvl, as is the chance of a shop item being spawned magical.

Any shop item that is ilvl 25 or higher will always be magic. Below 25 there is a chance, the lower level the more likely it will be non-magic.

At the same time, to get a level 24 skill the item must be at least ilvl 25. To get a level 30 skill it must be at least ilvl 36. There is no overlap with shop items that can be non-magic. You can shop non-magic wands that have level 18 skills however, you just need to be clvl 19 or less (because shops sell items that are ilvl = clvl+5), or you can just shop at Drognan with a higher level char (because he has an ilvl cap of 20).

Ormus also has an ilvl cap, of 28, which means you can never buy items with level 30 skills on them from him.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

a long long time ago, somebody suggested lvl 1-20 chars in nm being able to get white items, but i haven't been able to verify this as i usually play through.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

This is exactly what Thrugg said:

IIRC, shop items are in the range "your clvl-4" to "your clvl +5" or something similar, so at clvl 20 you can still see items with ilvl <25.

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

When shopping the Ilvl is always equal to Clvl +5, with caps in normal.