Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Way to make mules stick

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by davew2040, Feb 15, 2004.

1. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

Way to make mules stick

So yeah, it takes two hours on a character to make it not have that 10-day limit. When I try to leave a char in a game, it seems like it times out after 10-15 minutes. What are the rules of an idle-disconnect? Is there a way to avoid it?

And please don't tell me to play the character for two hours. I know you may think it's funny and that's "how the game is meant to be played", but it doesn't get anybody anywhere and just wastes more of everyone's time :p

2. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

There are a couple of ways to burn in your mules. First, join a mule parking game or make one. Second, use a barb for your mule level him once and put the skill point in howl, then stand outside of town and have something hold down the right mouse button. Thirdly and most useful way is to get the outer cloister wp for each mule. create a game with a higer level character clear the cloister bring in the mule and make it run in place at the door to the bottom left of the map that leads back to the tomae highlands. to do that, stand to the right of the door even with the white candle things on the other side of the door. Then just click on the bottom right corner of the (closed) door and your character will run in place all night and u can do other things on your pc. Hope this helps.

3. Who_me?

Who_me? IncGamers Member

Easier than all that. Just choose an ID scroll on the right mouse button. Press it on the left half on the screen, not on your inventory. Tape the right click button down... and voila! Your character will look like he exercising and you go about your business... or go to bed... whatever. Two hours later, rinse and repeat with next mule.

4. davew2040

Thanks guys!

5. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Why not just tape the mouse button down and have him run against a wall of the rogue camp? I have a theory that as long as the server is getting inputs from your machine, it won't consider the game to be idled.

I think Butter's idea wins out if you want to do something else with your computer AND you want to use your mouse for something else.

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Outer Cloister Trick (Act 1)

Go to the outer cloister. Kill everything in the central waypoint room.

Then arrange your char at position X as follows:

_____[ door south ]_____ X ____

(The door in question is the one immediately south of the waypoint. You clear the outer cloister so nothing kills you while idling.)

Hover your mouse over the door so it reads "Closed Door" or "Open Door" - it really doesn't matter, Open Door is probably better cause your merc won't accidentally open it and kill your idling.

Click once.

Switch off your monitor and go to sleep.

It also works at the door immediately to the north of the waypoint. Two chars can idle at each door, for a total of four.

It only works from the RIGHT side of the door (running along the wall to the right of the door).

Stash Trick (Act 5)

Arrange char as follows.

[stairs]
    ______X_______|
    [stairs]...........[stairs to larzuk]
    ......... stash .......................... larzuk
    waypt.......

Click on your stash. Your char should try and run down the left hand stairs, but get caught on the corner where the mid-level platform meets the stairs and "jitter" in place, trying to round the corner. Don't stare at it too long, it'll make you sick.

This method is obviously harder to do with a level 1 mule because you'd need to rush them to Act 5 ;) I strongly recommend the outer cloister trick.

7. xchalicex

xchalicex IncGamers Member

WOW....how difficult are u guys making this. To perma ur mules, go in game, type "/fps" (no quotes) to bring up your ping rate on top of screen, then go to any vendor and click buy. When youre in the vendor/inventory screen with ping rate going, u never time out.

But go on if yall wanna tape your mouse button ROFL

8. discoboomer

discoboomer IncGamers Member

that doesn't always work.

9. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Actually, I kind of stumbled on a really easy way last night. I usually do the outer closure trick but thought the ID scroll trick would be cool. So basically I have 2 computers, 2 copies of the game and one keyboard & 1 mouse hooked into a KVM switch. So basically I did the ID scroll thing and while holding down on the right mouse button, I pushed the button on the KVM switch to switch over to the other computer. just to check to see if it worked, I used my second computer to join my first computers game .. sure enough there was my mule casting ID's like they were going outta style!!.. I went to bed and my mule was still casting away this morning .. :) hope it helps someone out.. later :)

10. xchalicex

xchalicex IncGamers Member

EDIT - Please don't talk to people that way in these forums. ~ Thanks Elly

11. davew2040

Doesn't talk like that get you banned on these forums?

12. Azonian

Azonian IncGamers Member

Funny no one mentioned this one

Same idea as the taping the mouse button down..and using the id scroll..except this one is a lot easier...no taping either.

Create a d2 shortcut onto your desktop and right click on it
    select properties
    find the target line
    put a "space" after the quote in the target line
    type in -w after this space (no space after the -)
    Start d2 using this shortcut
    This will start up d2 windowed. In town right click on your id scroll
    while holding your mouse button down you move it off the d2 screen onto your desktop screen. This will leave the d2 cursor over the edge of the d2 screen and you will continue doing the id scroll thing

:surprise:

13. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Well I don't think mentioning you use hacks/bots would be you banned, it'd only get you banned if you actually posted links to such.

14. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Man, what a lot of trouble. I prefer to just lie like a rug! It works about 8 out 10 times. Make a game called FREE "whatever" and sit your mule there! People go in people go out, my mule stays. Is it deceptive? who cares, I don't and I'm not cheating. Like I said 8 out of 10 times, good odds for me!

Masa

15. discoboomer

discoboomer IncGamers Member

aaww, I missed it. was he talking about me :)

pm it I wanna read.

16. Xircon

Xircon IncGamers Member

Ask around, you may find some banned people that might say different.