Way-Back Machine

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member
Way-Back Machine

Wasn't there ever quest item drops way back in the day? Something like diablo dropping Valor?

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Re: Way-Back Machine

I don't understand the question. Could you rephrase it and add more information ?

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

Many of the elite uniques in d2 pre 1.10 have their names from d1 items, like Arkaines Valor (quest item in d1), Harlekin Crest (quest item in d1), Veil of Steel (quest drop IIRC, never got that far).

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member

Ah. So D2 didn't have these drops. So did Diablo drop Arkaines Valor in D1? Unique Quest item drops would be cool imo, given they weren't over-powered. Kinda like the onyx sword in baldur's gate(but that was a lil over powered).

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member

So did Diablo drop Arkaines Valor in D1?
No, I do not think Diablo drops anything. The game ends the instant D dies, so a drop would be pointless.

"Valor" is a quest that you get to play 2/3 of the time (you get two quests from the pool of "The Magic Rock", "Valor" and "Halls of the Blind"). The quest can be found on floor #5 (there are 16 floors in total).

It involves a couple of small rooms with Horned Demons in them (pretty strong melee monsters that also has a Charge type attack) where you collect Blood Stones. Each blood stone opens up a new room when you place it on a pedestal. When the third and final stone is placed, a hallway will open up. In there, you fight 5(?) more Horned Demons, and Arkaine´s Valor is on the ground to pick up. It´s likely a lot better than the armor you currently have on in this part of the game.

Arkaine's Valor
Armor Class 25
+10 Vitality
-3 Damage from Enemies
Fast Hit Recovery

I tend to wear it at least up to around floor #12-13 (it can´t really compete with a decent Field/Gothic Plate).

The book that starts the quests: clicky

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

In D2 one of the council drops Khalim's Flail which can be cubed with K. brain, eye and heart into Khalim's Will, which is awesome twinking weapon (required level 1). After you mule it off your character, eye,brain and heart will drop again as well as the flail and you can cube another one.
Also Hephasto drops a quest Hammer which can be used as a weapon too (quite week though).

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member

In D2 one of the council drops Khalim's Flail which can be cubed with K. brain, eye and heart into Khalim's Will, which is awesome twinking weapon (required level 1). After you mule it off your character, eye,brain and heart will drop again as well as the flail and you can cube another one.
Also Hephasto drops a quest Hammer which can be used as a weapon too (quite week though).
eh, don't forget the Horodric Malus and the Staff of Kings lol. Also, I think you can make a Fury Writ's leg?lol

@Jiansonz- awesome post thx! Makes me want to try D1 just for the heck of it. PS2 anyone?

Phredreeke

Diabloii.Net Member

No, I do not think Diablo drops anything. The game ends the instant D dies, so a drop would be pointless.
Actually, Diablo drops like an ordinary monster. If there's a player not on level 16 when Diablo is killed, he will remain in the game and can go down and pick up Diablo's drop. Most likely he'll just drop gold or a non-enchanted item though.

Barloc

Diabloii.Net Member

lol, I just tried "Malice" ......Good thing I didn't try "Fury"!!!

It's funny, while lurking around I found you can turn it into a *magic* Writ's Leg, if the leg drops with sockets and you cube it with 3 normal gems.