Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

waterwalks or goreriders

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Duy, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

waterwalks or goreriders

melee FC bear...

waterwalks are great boots for casters and such, but has anyone tried goreriders with their fireclaw bear?

i cant decide between the two, so just wondering what the rest of you think.

thx.

2. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

theres a sticky that says "PLEASE READ FIRST", i hope you read it first before posting this. theres a guide by coldarmy that specializes fire claw bears. refer to this: heres the link:

http://www.rpgforums.net//showthread.php?t=128075

to answer your question, waterwalks.
    if you like open wounds and a crushing blow, then go for gores.

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Waterwalks or other PvP
    Goreriders or other PvM

Hi welcome,
    Reason why is because of simple strengths and weaknessess of your build in each area. A fireclaws druid is meant to attack 4fpa with over 10k dmg and attack in fire dmg. That said and done, why would you need to have the etc mods on Goreriders for PvP? You are better served ith life because 1-3 hits they should be dead. Thats like 1 sec worth of attacking. 25 frames a second with 4fpa would mean 5 swings in a second.

For PvM you would/might need the GoreRiders because of the crushing blow. THe thing is goreriders can help witht he pesky fireimmune monsters. Thus for PvM waterwalks are an extremely poor choice while Gore riders is extremely useful.

The guide is meant for PvP and some of the gear selections that may serve better for pvm are not listed.

4. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

A well built FC Bear with a Reasonable Str/Dex will have plenty of Life (Unlike mine) and therefore will not need Waterwalks for PvM.

With Tons of Vit, he also won't need that increased stamina.

This leads to Goreriders out of these 2 choices. If you were given a simpler option... Say Goblintoe; I would go for that. In PvM, OW won't do much against a monster that isn't going to stand up for 8 Seconds. CB is the way to go.

Personally, Sander's boots served me well. Just as Aldur's(D2M) or Ik(AR) would have.

5. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

you sound pretty pissed with your fc bear then... did ya have plenty of dex to compensate?

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

how would a silence crystal sword fair?

i have one from 1.09 that i made with care and love.

i mean its only 20 ias on it. could a highlords and like lavagout glove with a goldwrap get it up

7. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

This is my first shifted druid. been making druids for years !

how would a silence crystal sword fair?

i have one from 1.09 that i made with care and love, i could go pally armour for an easy 90 res all then.

i mean its only 20 ias on it. could a highlords and like lavagout glove with a goldwrap get it up to speed? Im talking about predominantly pvm but pvp when the needs arise or i get bored.
    I have an empty 6 socketed phase, i could make that into something. shrugs.

I have read the link, very helpful, however, with werebear, do i need to got to 110 ias on the weapon? or do i need less on weapon, OR can I use equipment ias and say whatever to the 110 ias phase blade?

I would like to go 20 ias weapon, 10 nosferatu, 20 gout = 50, and then go Cat's eye/highlords (not there yet to know whats better) 15 in Shako (i like the life/dr/mf/crappy look, 15 in armour, 15 in storm shield ='s 115% ias total.
    go 62 waterwalks i have, raven, bul katho's, enigma. (cats eye, wwalks and enigma give a mighty speed boost)

thanx
    peace
    Salo

edit: doh just realized i cant socket my armour :p

i guess its a hard thing then, id have to go sigons glove/boots for the 30 there, messes it up. ok.... i get it now. darn.

8. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Shifted IAS is very different... you can't expect the same speed with IAS from your gear as you could with All the IAS on the weapon. Play around with the stickied calculator to get a better idea of what I mean.

As for being aggravated with my FC WB... only mildly. Mid-Way through the build I traded for Medusa's Gaze... My Bear's usually have tons of life from charms so I figured it would be decent if I could get him to tank and trigger the LR a fair amount.

But, I was On-Ladder, 2nd character... Didn't really have the Life charms or sources of Resistance/DR to be able to tank as well as I could. I also didn't have many +Str items... so by the end of it, I had invested 200Str when I had originally planned for 80 without Medusa's... that left me unable to tank (because of Low life and Life enhancing Mods) and therefore, I couldn't trigger LR enough to make it worthwhile. I was also left very fragile.

I plan on rebuilding him eventually, and I did bring him through the game.. But he has only something like 40% block since I had to boost his life with points in Vit.

Silence Crystal Sword wouldn't get the job done... An FC Wb Weapon's priority is Speed. Nothing Else. You just have to concentrate on swinging that attack as often as you possibly can and deal with everything else with your other items.

9. Duy

Duy IncGamers Member

ive read the guide.

10. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

I have read, and now i understand.

at the upper levels of smacking stuff, weapon ias is HUGE framerate difference. holy poop!

armour is after like 11 frames doesnt do a dent almost. shrugs. go figure.

kinda cool though, gota find some hot speed jewels now. i could go 2 40/15's but like eh, +80% ed isnt that much to leech off off im thinking.

could be better to get something like res whatever. shrugs.hard to find 2 good ias jewels.

11. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

AR/IAS jewels work quite well, since AR is the second concern for FC Bears.

12. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

ahh. yes they would be. hm. never seen one though.

res light would be good and res poison too.

13. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

I'd go angelics for AR//life... Angelics usually solves all your AR problems, and the 115 pre-shift life is a nice bonus.

14. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Life mods are essential to a fc bear druid that is going pvp. Reasoning is that if your dueling someone w/ decent resist and life and dwarf on ... your not gonna be doing mass damage. Thus you need a ton in order to slowly bring them down. I personally shot for 6 k w/o cta ..... i falied :rant: . 5k is obtainable but i just couldnt quite reach 6k (im a smidgit off), and i have only been beaten by 2 druids consistently (they negated fc). Thats the problem i found with and fc is that it can easily be negated w/ high life and dwarf star, however with mass life you get the chance to slowly bring them down and win(I have done this numerous times).

15. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

well hm 5k is nice. now, did youput any into lycanthropy besides 1 for that?

16. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

No im actually just using life ss gc's. And a gear pre-buff.

17. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

i try not to pre-buff things. my minions, thats fine, those are mine. BO isnt mine, and i think its a bit cheap to use so long as you can get the other guy to not use it.

hm i put in like 4 pts into lycanthropy. i hope that doesnt screw it all up. i could restart its a new guy. i was going to try and make it heavy on the life type of build.

what gives more total life, +shapeshifting gc or 3 20 life sc's?. 60 life is a lot im figuring.

18. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

If ur opponent has bad fire resist, no matter what boots u use (talking about melee), he will be death in few hits. However , people tends to forget how helpfull OW are in PvP. When ur opponent has fire resist and absorb stacked, you cant do nothing at all...with fireclaws, an atack that cant be blocked, huge ar and 4 fps, OW is your best friend. Even if you get the chance to hit once to an eventually runner oppoenent, OW can do the job for you. Gores all time.

Just my point...

Fer

19. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

what about shockwave? hows that stun? decent? be nice to start with that before you hit em with a weapon.

20. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

think it was sim.thegosu who had this guide on flaming rabies was it? maybe you guys should consider rabies as a secondary/primary attack to prime off fire. with cb, ow, rabies to whittle them down, they should be soft and tender for the kill...