Wat is wrong here?

Whoopy

Diabloii.Net Member
Wat is wrong here?

Ok... i currently am wearing G angle (open socket), Gaze, SS (um'd), Highlord ammy, Raven + Manald rings, t-god belt, baranar star, gore's, and some rare LL ias gloves....

I do 2.3k dmg, 8k AR, 5k Def, and i have 600+ life i think.... my resis SUCK and idk wat to do is my guy not wearing the rite gear or wat? i die alot in a1 hell! i am currently lvl 73 but i mean i just restarted and idk if there is btr gear helm's wep's or wat that i can get for cheap to make my pally stronger..... i am a zealot (forgot to mention) can i plz get some advice

P.S. --- wat is a good merc for my pally?

tinncann25

Diabloii.Net Member
hoz instead of ss should help

if u get a p diamond inj the hoz that is 69 resis i think i may be off

2 ravens would be best and also ur using zeal and fanta right?

Whoopy

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes... def i use fana and zeal combo, but wat about the helm, is there a btr possiblity to gaze, and my armor wat should i socket it with?

sorcyone

Banned
Whoopy said:
Ok... i currently am wearing G angle (open socket), Gaze, SS (um'd), Highlord ammy, Raven + Manald rings, t-god belt, baranar star, gore's, and some rare LL ias gloves....

I do 2.3k dmg, 8k AR, 5k Def, and i have 600+ life i think.... my resis SUCK and idk wat to do is my guy not wearing the rite gear or wat? i die alot in a1 hell! i am currently lvl 73 but i mean i just restarted and idk if there is btr gear helm's wep's or wat that i can get for cheap to make my pally stronger..... i am a zealot (forgot to mention) can i plz get some advice

Not enough life. You need at least twice that. Your def is too low too. You need to max holy shield. Your absorb items should cover your resist shortfalls except for fire. You should stack up on life charms. Your attributes should be base energy, enough dex for max block with max holy shield on, only enough strength to wear your items, and everything into vitality. I thought zealots didn't need mana leech, if so why the manald ring ?

As a comparison my hammerdin has 3,400 life 12,000 def, and stacked resists to handle conviction aura.

foh pally

Diabloii.Net Member
Whoopy said:

Ok first off if your worried about your reisists you should switch your ga with coh or put a resists jewel or um rune in it, or put a pt into salv, Ga ups your max resists it doesn't actually give you any resists. and you definatly need more life whether you get it from stat pt, charms, or cta. Also if your a zealer you should have alot more defense than 8k. Put more pts into holyshield, and if you can spare them some pts into defiance for the synergy. Your gear looks pretty good to me though. Only thing i can say to try is if you can do without the highlords switch to an eye of etlich for a lil life leech.

Also lose the ss and get hoz

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Whoopy said:
Yes... def i use fana and zeal combo, but wat about the helm, is there a btr possiblity to gaze, and my armor wat should i socket it with?
Well there is a cheap helmet that is underestimated and that is Rockstopper!
Other uption is Guillames face for a fanazealot!

Endgear Helmet would be Crown of ages!

Rings : Raven + BK

/Dec

MarathonMatt

Diabloii.Net Member
You should pump hs more, you need way more defense than what you have. An average zealot has at least 20k def. If you dont have enough skill points to get hs higher do not get a HoZ because you will want the dr and def from that storm a lot more than those resist. Your weapon could be better, a lot better, mabye try to find an old cruel weapon? They're better than you think. Your armor should be fine, mabye socket it with a um for some better resist? Other than that you should be fine, other than that manald ring; zeal uses 2 mana. Get a raven spiral or something dude.

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Just finished typing up a long somewhat insightful reply..it got crushed by the diablo gods :(

Anyway, the point is firstly- check the guides in the stickies for bulids, stats etc etc.

Secondly, we dont know your stat, skill allocations etc.

Lastly, are you on ladder, non, single player and are you rich or no? More info thanks..sorry forgot to ask pvp or pvm, or both?

nespejsen

Diabloii.Net Member
Decebal said:
Well there is a cheap helmet that is underestimated and that is Rockstopper!
Other uption is Guillames face for a fanazealot!

Endgear Helmet would be Crown of ages!

Rings : Raven + BK

/Dec
nahhh... Not Coa, even if it's nice.. Andandirel's visage, that's the endgame helm to wear.. Laying of hands glowes, eliminates andy's -30 fire res. and u get +2 skill, 20% IAS x 2.. 350% dmg to demons.. Awesome..

Whoopy

Diabloii.Net Member
I am currently on Ladder i have a 77 sorc i just got finished but she is a tal set Orb sorc and she is about to get stripped and rebuilt.... then there is my thrown together pally and that is it i started ladder like a few weeks ago. im not rich and cannot get CoA... i would love CoH and the andy visage with the layin of hands would work very nice together!!! once i get runes i wanna make creasant moon zerker or PB if i can for ne reason... ty for yall's help so far its been usful!!! :thumbsup:

sir goatscelot

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok heres some cheap equipment alternatives that can be had for Pgems or low to mid runes:

Rockstopper= pgems

Shaftstop= pgems to pul for high ed

String of Ears= pgems

Nat's Soul Boots= pgems

LoH= pgems

There is really so much that can be had for Pgems so do save those flawless and cube them up. The above list is not complete by far so do look around the forum and stickies for other options. Cres Moon is a nice weapon and you can get a Stormlash for Ist to um depending on ed. For Pvm, its the best weapon for zealot hands down.

Have fun :) Oh ya..don't go strength crazy..with stats. Most points should end up in Vita.. here's a brief example using some of the above equipment:

Shaft has the highest Str req above so thats 94 str if I recall correctly, so meet that and split the rest between dex to meet 75% block and the rest to vita. If you can get Hoz, that gives you 20 str so you can cheat on Str and get it to 74 and let the Bonus take you to 94 for shaft..However, this can lead to problems if you keep dying and have no room in inventory. But its really not a big deal..

If you on UsWest Ladder, whisper me jujuman

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
nespejsen said:
nahhh... Not Coa, even if it's nice.. Andandirel's visage, that's the endgame helm to wear.. Laying of hands glowes, eliminates andy's -30 fire res. and u get +2 skill, 20% IAS x 2.. 350% dmg to demons.. Awesome..
Andy is a nice choiceas end game helmet! BUT using PB grief (ladder) or stormlash + Highlords you will reach 4 fpa zeal! And then you can use Dracuuls! So LL is not needed anymore, cause of the Life Tap triggering!
AND THEN COA is better! Look at the stats!

Look at the stats!
50% Enhanced Defense
+100-150 Defense (varies)
+1 To All Skills
Damage Reduced By 10-15% (varies)
All Resistances +20-30 (varies)
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
Socketed (1-2) (varies)
Indestructible

+1 skill/FHR/DR/All res/2 sockets + NO repair costs are not to be underestimated! Besides the 2 sockets can be used to give your char more res, Ed, Dr, and many more!

IMO COA is the endgame gear for a fanazealot! If U are suing Grief, Stormlash and even BOTD + highlords!

/Dec

shade449

Diabloii.Net Member
It's pvm, theres no reason to spend enough to get a 2 sok coa and a 1 sok isn't worth the insanely high strength req (although if he's using ss, he'll have enough strength already). To that creater of the thread, if your lacking resists, make sure you do all 3 anya quests. That's another 30 to resists. And instead of the manalds, I'd use either a dwarf star or a whisps projecter.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
shade449 said:
It's pvm, theres no reason to spend enough to get a 2 sok coa and a 1 sok isn't worth the insanely high strength req (although if he's using ss, he'll have enough strength already). To that creater of the thread, if your lacking resists, make sure you do all 3 anya quests. That's another 30 to resists. And instead of the manalds, I'd use either a dwarf star or a whisps projecter.
Making a fanazelot for PvM still you need to embrace the strength route to get a lot of damage! Thats just my opinion!

/Dec