Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wat assasin build for these items?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by batuchka, May 24, 2005.

1. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Wat assasin build for these items?

Hi all! I have not played assasins this patch yet but i am wondering what assasin build i could make with some items i have come across in my item running hehe. I may want to keep these and explore the assasin as i loved playing them in .09 :p

+2 shadow/20fcr/7%ml circlet
    +3 shadow/89life ammy
    50poison/32ar sc :p

Rare War Fist:
    337ed
    4% dual leech
    236AR
    +1 Venom
    +2 Weapon Block
    192 - 231 dmg
    clean no socks
    lvl 51 to equip

Witchkiller Sci. Quhab Of Regeneration
    +2 Assy
    +3 Death Sentry
    +2 Blades Of Ice
    +1 Fade
    Replenish life 3

Myrmidon Greaves (looks like badass kick boots hehe)
    30% faster r/w
    10% fhr
    Lightning resist 25%
    Poison Resist 33%

Any help is appreciated!

2. Zangeif

Zangeif IncGamers Member

Doesn't really look like you can use these items together to make anything effective to me. :(

3. phool

phool IncGamers Member

ur boots seem worthless, far worse than unique alternatives (upped gores, shadow dancers for a kicksin, countless boots for other sins, who can't afford to sacrifice heavy strength req.). ED claw is OK, but there are again better. You won't be able to use that to kill stuff in hell easily, with any claw-is-primary-damage build. The +3 to death sentry is a rare mod, as death sentry is 6th tier, and combined with + sin skills is nice, but u can't build a character around it.

4. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Unfortunately, Shadow skills only need to be high level for buffing or convenience. Making a build around them (aside from Whirlwind) is difficult. I don't see them coming together to make one build, but I'll list the builds I think they would work well on.

+2 shadow/20fcr/7%ml circlet
    +3 shadow/89life ammy
    • Both of these would work best on a Whirlwind assassin. The ammy is better than the circlet.
    • The circlet could be used on a pure Shadow build, such as Mind Blaster.

50poison/32ar sc :p
    • Use this on an Amazon or something else that is non-Assassin. Venom reduces the duration of other poison sources to 10 frames, and scales the damage down. You'd end up with like 3-5 damage (don't remember exact number off the top of my head, but it's less than 10) from that charm. Yes, a Zon would be much better.

Rare War Fist
    • Any claw build would like this boy. It's a slower claw, and would probably be best suited for Blade Fury, or using goofy style attacks on a dual-claw build. Details for how to do that can be found on jRichard's site.

Witchkiller Sci. Quhab Of Regeneration
    • Awesome trapping claw. You could have this on switch for any PvM build to cast Death Sentry, then swap back to your main fighting gear. On a trapper you wouldn't even need to swap back.

Myrmidon Greaves (looks like badass kick boots hehe)
    • Dragon Talon or Dragon Tail kicker
    • Any other build which could use resists and FHR on the boots. It's a nice pair for PvP because of that.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Gee thks a lot Ilkori :D I visited JRichard's site and i am a tad confused about attacking with dual claws like with WW *scratches head* With a barb weapon speeds of both weapon matters and both have to hit -35 for lwwp but with assasins in that page he is saying :

"If you are dual wielding, only your WSM and the IAS on your primary weapon matters"

Then further down he states :

"With a dual claw setup, it is possible to not have the fastest WhirlWind attack speed. Watch your WSM carefully when dual wielding. Pay attention to the order you equip your claws in and don't get caught on the wrong end of the inventory-right equipping bug. The bug with dual wielding claws occurs with figuring your WSM for a dual wield setup. For all attacks except the normal attack, when you dual wield claws, you not use the WSM of one of your weapons directly. Instead, you'll use a combinations of the WSMs of the two weapons"

So lets say i make a chaos suwayyah and equip that in my primary attacking hand and use that rare warfist and stick a shael in that - would i hit 4fpa WW?? I would hit -10 on the rare war fist but if its averaged with a chaos weapon is it possible or does it work just like a barb's WW?

6. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

Ah, yes, that part. The confusing part is that Whirlwind, normal attacks, and C/C attacks all work differently. I am not positive how Whirlwind works with dual wielding, but your answer could be right. I honestly don't know. I have always figured it like the Barb's WW, but, again, I could be wrong.

For dual-claw attack, I was specifically thinking of a Dragon Claw build. You can take advantage of a fast primary claw in the right (boot-side) slot with the slow claw on the left (glove-side) position. If the fast claw is equiped first, and the other is equiped second, then you get the strange WSM effect he talks about. I usually refer to equiping claws goofy (kinda like snowboarding). The only issue here is that weapon switching resets the equip order, and could change the WSM "bonus" to the average WSM value.

"If you are dual wielding, only your WSM and the IAS on your primary weapon matters"

This is worded a tiny bit ackward.. It is the IAS (on primary) and WSM (combination of both claws) that affects the "dual-claw attacks." I don't know if Whirlwind is included in that or not. If it is, then there are some interesting implications for weapon options in PvP.