Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wat about conversion?!!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by baron_grim112, Jun 18, 2005.

1. baron_grim112

baron_grim112 Diabloii.Net Member

wat about conversion?!!

i have decided (for some odd reason) to create a build 4 a pally based around the conversion skill... but... wat else do i do? i need input please. thanks.

2. RavensRebirth

RavensRebirth Diabloii.Net Member

I dont have much experience with conversion, but it seems that holy bolt could be useful, and probably fanaticism and thorns. Or you could try to build this char like a comandomancer, or auramancer.

3. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez Diabloii.Net Member

Conversion and Thorns was a powerful combo back in 1.09, and I failed to make one in time, sadly. Anyways, I'm not sure its so effective now, since I believe Blizzard severely shortened the time the monsters are converted. However, with more auras available from runeword weapons, they could become more valuable than just Thorn dummies getting knocked back and forth.

4. kvszeto

kvszeto Diabloii.Net Member

i think its still viable

i believe it could more powerful now than in .09. i made a missionary (conversion + thorns) back in .09 when there was a 50% DR for monsters. Now that is gone and monsters supposed to do more damage rite. so I should be even more effective. Plus since auras dont last as long than in .09 it is little bit safer(the aura will stick around for a half sec now) I havent tested it but i still believe the low life bug still exists for conversion where when a monster unconverts he will have very low life and easily killed. now since 1.10 rw auras this build has more potential. Incase u are afraid of death by thorns you could just equip dream and the pulse damage should take care of monster and at that same time provide means to dealing with bosses and uniques which cant be converted. with all the aura avaliable for disposal its possible to make a pretty good temporary army of monsters.

If you do go for a missionary here a few things to consider. elemental and range attacks would help with thorns so you will have to find another solution

5. batuchka

batuchka Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm why not just make a fanatic-ranger using that cheap yet interesting r/w 'Harmony' in bow? You could have 20 revives + Valk and either flash Mediation aura or leech back mana ...or have an 'Insight' might merc. Throw in a Stone Armor and Bloodmoon elegant blade on switch and u have a nice high life clay golem to slow monsters in hell too and play universal dartboard hehe. Ranger-minionlot! Hmm then conversion aura switch for 'free' minions

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally Diabloii.Net Member

there is that whole 3 minute time limit on revives +the inane expense of the charges. However, converting a monster or two from a group and then using a melee/combat skill to go with it works pretty well.

--welt

7. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

Damage may be increased, but life has been increased a lot more ;)

It isn't expensive to repair charges, use the cube formular :)

In stead of dream runeword, why not just invest 1 point in holy fire, holy freeze or holy shock? If the monsters life is so low anyway.

If you go for harmony rute you'll loose all your monsters every time you want to convert since this skill doesn't work on bows after what I know and the revives will die as soon as you change weapon. The same goes for Valk I guess.

But you could get a deadly army by using Harmony's minions and aura + High level fana and high level convic, in that way no matter what army you've revived they'll be super powerfull :D though revives are stupid and if you don't find an ort (I think it is) before 3 minutes, you're screwed.