Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Was Pindleskin ever nerfed?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by TekkaZeroX, Mar 23, 2004.

1. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Was Pindleskin ever nerfed?

I remember hearing Blizzard state that they nerfed the pre-set positioned super unique monsters drops like Pindleskin. However, Pindleskin does not seem like he was nerfed (from ATMA's drop calculator and observation of the wonderful drops from Pindleskin). After wondering about this observation, I opened the treasure class text file that ATMA uses for its drop calculator.

Upon investigation, I found some thing interesting. Pindleskin's drop for unique items was nerfed (chance of a unique was down to around 500 from 1.09 levels of 800). Yet, after traveling down one call the unique drop was altered to pre-nerfed 1.09 levels.

To be exact, Act 5 (H) Super Cx treasure class, the drop Pindelskin uses, drops unique items at 512. However, it calls Act 5 (H) Uitem C treasure class that changes the drop rate of unique items to 800.

Does this mean Blizzard never truly reduced Pindleskin's drop (or only thought they did) or am I missing something?

2. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

The very first post in the ATMA thread reports some interesting findings about Pindleskin and his drops. Hope this helps.

-FF

3. Kremtok

Kremtok IncGamers Member

I don't think Pindleskin's abysmally low chance to drop a unique item was ever reduced. Some changes were made, however. The major difference - and someone correct me if I'm wrong - is that Pindleskin can no longer drop every set and unique item in the game.

4. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

I think the only thing it can't drop is tyrael's might.

5. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

pindleskin cannot drop Azurewrath, The Arachnid mesh, or Tyrael's Might. i believe that his drop probabilities or treasure classes were altered in some way... someone who understands these things better than myself will no doubt be along shortly. functionaly, all i know is that he can and does still drop some hot ****! :D

6. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

Thanks! That helped immensely. I guess I found out what Jarulf and Ruvanal already found. Blizzard screwed up! :thumbsup:

Actualy, he can drop every item in the game. However, his mlvl is too low to drop items mlvl of 87 (Tyrael's Might, Archanid's Mesh, and Azurewrath).