Warrior Vs Master

Superflymdf

Diabloii.Net Member
Warrior Vs Master

I'm sure this topic has been discussed numerous times but I would like a show of hands for all the Lighting trappers out there. I have built my first pure trapper and initially planned on going with master, however, lately I have been only using the shadow. I typically like the master with all my other Sin's but seeing that this character is pretty one dimensional and I always have either LS or DS on hand...

Superflymdf

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Warrior Vs Master

Hmm. I thought this was a prety straight forward question and was expecting opinions.

What skill Shadow Warrior or Shadow Master compliments a pure Lightning Sentry/Death Sentry Sin?

Thx

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

Master if you're only using LS/DS. Warrior uses the skill you have hotkey'd, and he will start override them with crappy versions of them.

A master do use the martial skills more often; less traps stolen from you.

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

Neither. Warriors are only useful when you invest quite a few points in them, which you'd rather spent on traps, and Masters are generally more annoying than helpful.

Superflymdf

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the imput, I too feel that they are not particularly helpful for this build and might invest the remaining points into a different skill after my last synergy is maxed.

What are good final touches for this char? Here's what I have done so far

Fire Blast- 3
Shock web- maxing
Charged bolt- maxed
LS- maxed
DS- Maxed
Claw mastery- 1
Claw block -1
Hammer-1
BoS- 1
Fade- 1
CoS- 1
Shadow Warrior- 1
Shadow Master- 1

I'm currently in the mid 70's and not sure where to put the last 10-15 pts
options?
Mindblast- I know everyone loves this skill but I have never been a big fan but...
D-Talon to make her a bit of a hybrid
Fade I have been running her with the fade on b/c my resistances are so poor in Hell

This is a PVM char for MF purposes.

thx

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

10 points is still enough for DTalon to make her a hybrid yes. You could also skip the last synergy and max FB instead for LIs.

I wouldn't spent more points in Fade (can be prebuffed) or MB (1 point is enough).

Superflymdf

Diabloii.Net Member

How much damage can a maxed FB do? enough to kill LI'S?

My only reservation on turning her into a hybrid kicker is the strength req for good boots.

stephan

Diabloii.Net Member

FB does about the same damage as LS per shot (they share the same synergies and LS is a synergy to FB as well). The splash range is pretty nice too. FB does take a little getting used to though, but it's more than enough for LIs.

FB/LS/DS seems the most natural trapper variant to me in any case.

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

I always max fireblast. I have made 3 Hardcore sins.. the first one died at lvl 64, I was noob then, trying to get max block with Lidless^^

Second I made to lvl 84 or something before I quit her... She did ~2k Fireblast, and 4k Lighting sentry.. Thats plenty for my style (Souls can't hurt you when Cloak of Shadows is on).

Third had the exact same gear, except 1 skiller and one torch. I think her dmg went to 2,4k/4,5k LS or something.. I do not exactly remember. They were all hardcore, I could solo hell baals with the 2 last of 'em.

GL!

PS: I'm makin' a new trapsin now ;)

DarthLeader

Banned

Hey :)

I know very little about sins, but I played a lot of pvp in the past and I can tell you this:

If you ever decide to pvp, be very careful if you tele around any powerful char that likes to namelock (ex: blizz sorc)

This is why: you cast a shadow, place your traps, see a blizz sorc, she locks your shadow, you tele, she shoots your shadow (now on the top of your head), you die.

Just my 2 cents :)

DarthLeader