Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warning.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by disci, Mar 19, 2004.

1. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Warning.

I just quote one guy who made a post into Battle.net forums for those who doesnt read them.

Quote:
    Can someone confirm this? I just got an email from my bro that's both concerning and funny. I've edited the profanity to make it postable ;)

You won't believe me! I almost lost my Griswold's set. THERE ARE SO MANY HACKS NOW IT IS RIDICULOUS!! NICK!!!!!!!!!!!! A GUY SAYS TO ME IN A BAAL RUN, "CAN I SEE WHAT YOU ARE WEARING?" MY GRIS SET. I PUT MY SET IN THE TRADE SCREEN SO HE CAN SEE IT!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!!!! MY F***ING CURSER STARTS GOING CRAZY!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD HE HAD CONTROL OVER MY CURSER!!!!!!!!! HE PUT IN AN A S**T *** RUBBER ARMOUR AND WAS MOVING TOWARDS THE TRADE BUTTON!!!! HE OBVIOUSLY HAS AN EMPTY INVENTORY!!!!!! I JUST HIT "ESC" IN TIME. THEN HE WRITES TO ME, "DAMN I SUCK" "I ALMOST HAD GRIS SET". I DIDN'T EVEN WAIT TO TELL HIM OFF. I LOGGED OFF SO FAST AND CHECKED I HAVE IT STILL. THANK GOD!!!!!! BUT I AM DEFINITELY DONE FOR THE NIGHT!!!!! YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW CLOSE IT WAS!!!! YOU REALLY HAVE NO IDEA!!!! I SWEAR WHEN YOU GET GREAT STUFF, PEOPLE COME HUNTING!!!! HACKERS........ SO YOU BE CAREFUL!!!! I SWEAR TO GOD DON'T EVEN SHOW ANYONE BUT WE WHAT YOUR WEARING FROM NOW ON!!! AND FROM NOW ON, IN A TRADE SCREEN KEEP MOUSE IN RIGHT TOP CORNER AFTER PLACING YOUR ITEM IN TRADING BLOCK AND HAVE YOUR LEFT HAND ON ESC!!! MAN.... WHAT A F***ING SCARE..... ITS S**T LIKE THAT, THAT MAKE YOU WANT TO STOP PLAYING. YOU KNOW IF HE HACKED ME FIRST NIGHT AND I LOST IT.... NO OFFENCE I WOULD NOT OF HELPED YOU LEVEL BECAUSE I WOULD OF SERIOUSLY BROKE MY DIABLO CD IN HALF!!!!! WORLD OF WARCRAFT BETTER HAVE SICK HACK PROOFS BECAUSE IF S**T LIKE THAT HAPPENS.......
    --PowerWielder

Wow this is scary.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Just another of many scams and hacks out there. Which is why I normally do not trade at all ... and at that I will only let others in my guild or trustable people from here see what I am using.

Anyway, be careful when cutting and pasting stuff, even though you edited the profanity out, All **** would be better, as it looks like you are attempting to bypass the word filter...which I bet in this case you are not.

Better safe than banned or something.

3. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

dang i guess when people ask to see what i use ill either just tell em or give em my smart assed "a cracked sash and a low quality short sword answer"

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Said poster probably downloaded some third party crap. It is impossible to control somebody's cursor without a third party script running on the scamee's computer.

5. simplyLost

simplyLost IncGamers Member

oi.. i second the motion on the good hack proof'ness on the WoW servers.. which they should seeing as it won't be free.. and they'll loose a lot of customers if they don't keep up with the demands..

O/T usu... that cat is tripping me the frick out..

-Lost

6. disci

disci IncGamers Member

Obiviously. I always forget ppl do still download those things. Actually ppl who download things like that are getting what they deserve, imo.

@aragorn_elessar
    Definetly not going to bypass the world filter. Didnt think possibilty that it wouldnt filter ulgy words :|

7. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

I agree with Usufruct. I configure gateways/routers/remote access/VPN as part of my job and for remote access to work successfully, there has to be an established "session" connection between the two computers (the one controlling and the one being controlled). This requires authentication/authorization on the computer that's being remotely controlled which can be easily obtained through a 3rd party application that is actually contains trojan code.

The scamee most likely downloaded a trojan because if what he is saying is true and he did not download anything, then we shouldn't only be worried about playing diablo on bnet but basically anytime we are online. Now that is scary.

One last thing: the only way that anything can be 100% Hack Proof is for it not to be connected to anything else. Once something is on the Internet, with knowledge, tools and patience almost anything can be hacked. Remember that kid who hacked the Pentagon many many years ago? I doubt Blizzard's servers are anywhere as secure as the Pentago's systems.

8. pipermac

pipermac IncGamers Member

Its true...nothing is hack proof. If this story is true, it wasnt DiabloII that was hacked it was the guys computer. And even to do that the hacker would have to know the IP address of the computer. Which I dont believe is possible to find out on Battle.net. There must have been some sort of 3rd party software. and if there was...it wasnt very good....because I yu were to create something that forced the remote user to hit the trade button. you wouldnt do it like that....you would just have the computer send the command to battle.net that says to accept the trade. you would not see the cursor moving on the screen.

9. PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy IncGamers Member

This happened to me once within 2 years of battle.net;I hadn't any hacks downloaded and yet someone had managed to control my curser as i was watching my stash,then i hit escape..and that's all i could do;i still don't know how it is possible to do it,but it's possible without any hacks!
    Believe me or not ,but what has happened to me is not a lie