Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warning to all AMD users

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Hardcore Forum' started by ZappaFan, Jul 19, 2015.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I recently updated my AMD 5700 video drivers. Very shortly after that I started experiencing video crashes in certain maps for the game. I lost a toon in Blood Swamp the first time it happened. Video freezes but the game keeps playing. Since then it has happened again in Blood Swamp and I survived that luckily by tp'ing out. Also happened entering a Cesspools map.

If you can get back to town you can alt-tab out of D3 and back the video is restored. That doesn't work if you are still in the map where the video freezes.

I downloaded a previous version of the drivers from the AMD website, uninstalled the current drivers and re-installed the previous version (you can't just simply rollback).

Other people have been reporting the same issue on the BNet forums...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/18300173953?page=1

Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
  2. TheDarkSide

TheDarkSide Clan Officer - US East Hardcore

Interesting, I haven't updated my AMD drivers in a while and Ive had pretty good run of no video issues. Guess I wont update anytime soon ...

ZappaFan likes this.
  3. Jcakes

Jcakes IncGamers Member

Thanks for the warning Zappa. Saw this just in time, to stop from updating.

4. ZappaFan

Looking like this is fixed for me. Have not seen a bloodmarsh map, but I have hit cesspools a few times with no problems.

5. liquid_mage

liquid_mage IncGamers Member

AMD released 15.9 beta drivers today, it is supposed to help with the ACT 2 crash issue.

ZappaFan likes this.
  6. ZappaFan

I'll wait for first hand reports before I'll upgrade my drivers. :)

7. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

My thoughts exactly! :)

8. TheDarkSide

Ive fallen victim to the deeds screen 4 times so far this ladder which got me thinking. My internet connection is stable ,20 ms ping,42-50 down, 5.5 - 6 megs upstream. I did have a issue with a power conector blocking a Gpu fan from spinning but I fixed that. I also spilled Beer on my keyboard again so I usually have some typos. But what I'm wondering about now is the Amd Quad Core Cpu and Enable/Disable Vsync options...

From what I understand Core 1 is the main processor the Cpu uses and by disabling core 1 and using 234 its supposed to make smoother gameplay. I tried it and it seems ok.. Also I always leave Vsync off as I thought if the Gpu is hitting 100-150 fps in game it should be fine even though max is 60 fps ?

I'm PO because this is the only game I have these issues on... I'm probably going to do the dreaded - reformat option soon as its been a while.. My cpu is a few years old but should handle this game no problems...

My Specs = AMD A8-6500 3.50 GHZ /w 8 gigs onboard ram running on WIN10 on a SATA 2 TB HD, PCIE NVIDIA GEforce

GTX 660TI with these specs.... Base Clock: 980 MHZ
    • Boost Clock: 1059 MHz
    • Memory Clock: 6008 MHz Effective
    • CUDA Cores: 1344
    • Bus Type: PCI-E 3.0
    • Memory Detail: 2048MB GDDR5
    • Memory Bit Width: 192 Bit
    • Memory Speed: 0.33ns
    • Memory Bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s

Help me Obi Won Kenobi - your my only hope...

9. TheDarkSide

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/20420494218

I've been having bad lag and rubber banding since November last year, and I got fed up with it when 2.4 since I really wanted to enjoy the new patch. Blizzard wanted to blame my ISP, and told me to get a VPN.

Got a VPN, seemed to fix the problem but only until I rebooted or turned my computer off. When I turned my PC back on, rubber banding was back, even with the VPN. Uninstalling and reinstalling the VPN fixed the problem again. Sounds strange, right? Gets stranger...

Recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and much to my surprise the problem was gone when a fresh install of D3 finally finished downloading. I wasn't going to question it, just accept it. Until the problem came BACK after I restarted my computer for the first time in Windows 10.

I've discovered something interesting, and I can't promise this will work for you, but you can try it.

Go into Device Manager (right click my computer/this PC, click properties, then select device manager from the left),

Expand the network adapters section and find the network adapter you use to connect to the internet for D3 (you might have wired and wireless adapters, you need to select the one you're actually using)

Now right click and Uninstall. It will ask if you want to remove the device from your system, click yes.

Finally, up top click Action, then scan for hardware changes. This will automatically add the adapter back to your computer.

Now, WITHOUT RESTARTING YOUR PC (even if it tells you to), start up Bnet/D3 and if your problem is the same as mine, your lag will be gone. It will be back again as soon as you turn off or reset your computer, but you can fix it by once again removing and re-adding the network adapter.

Please let me know if this works for you. I have no idea what the technical rationale is here but it's working for me.

============================

UPDATE - just tried this on my PC and it worked like a charm... NO Lagg , NO Slow Down, went from a lvl7 GR to a 20 with no isses at all ////