Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warning! Plz Read!!!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by freakinrican, Mar 20, 2004.

1. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

Warning! Plz Read!!!

I was on the trade channel and a guy announced he wanted low lvl items (9 max jewels). When I tried to msg him with his char name, Axin-Jackson, I got a pop-up msg from Blizzard telling me to not give away my password to anyone. Funny thing is, I didn't do that, I was just trying to tell the guy I had the jewels he was looking for. When I closed the window in the chat window my chars name came up with a blank msg. I msged him thru his acct name, *chop-u-up3, and I was able to tell him I had the jewels. He asked me to go to a room to meet him, but suddenly a "friend" of his said something like "Hey axin, did ya get that name?" Wary of what may have just occurred, I quickly logged off and changed my password. I don't know if this is a new hack, but be wary of any strange pop-up msgs. In fact, I'm gonna check right now to see if the new password has held up. If I don't report back, all is well with me.

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

That pop-up message is set by blizzard. It is to stop people from falling for the /dnd scam. You can no longer type your password in channels, or else you get that pop-up. I don't think there is any scam here. What probably happened was that in your message to the person asking for the low items, you probably used your password. You said "No i don't have a single item, sorry" and your password could have been "single" or "item". If you did not use your password in the sentence, it's just a BNET error, ignore it.

3. freakinrican

freakinrican IncGamers Member

That's just it. I never typed in my password, not even close. I also failed to mention that I msged his char name twice and got the pop-up. It also doesn't explain his friend's "coincidentally nefarious" question.

4. oscarmk1

oscarmk1 IncGamers Member

woa and i though that the "look try to type ur pass in the channel and blizz wont let you" was just another scam.