Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warebear/maul weap?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by DjYabbo, Apr 5, 2004.

1. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Warebear/maul weap?

Hi there!
    I'm building a warebear that use maul as main skill. I have some question about a couple of things though :

1. What weapon should i aim for? At the moment i'm lvl53 and uses a ribcracker, not upgraded, but i just have to mule abit, and then i have an upgraded ribcracker. I really like that weapon, but what weap would be better? I'm not planning to use a shield (exept for 2nd weap slot, where i plan to use baranars+tiamat's for PI) So a 2h weap is what i would like to use.

2. Attack rating?!?!? Mine is just so low.. around 2k at the moment. Have maxed out Maul+Lyc and on my way to max out How. I don't see how i would even get 8k AR. I could use that set angelic to boost AR abit, and raven, which i allready use.

Equip at the moment :

Helm - Jalal's Mane
    Armor - Duriels shell (which will be CoH later on)
    Gloves - Bloodfist (could change that to magnus skin for more ias and AR, should i??)
    Boots - Waterwalk (any other that would suits a wb better?? Gore?)
    Weap - Ribcracker (as said above)
    Rings - Manhald+Raven (will change manhald when i get mana leech somewhere else)
    Amu - Rare +1 druid amu with 4%ll, 22life, 19res all, 5%mf

Any suggestions about my choice of equipment. This is only my 2nd warebear. Had one in .09 also, so i ain't that familliar with wb.

Thankful for some advise.

Cheers
    Yabbo

2. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Hi there,
    some suggestions,

1.-Weapon choice: Buriza (shael) for low level, later on try Windhammer(shael); IK maul (2*shael), Tomb Reaver (2*shael+Um?), Bonehew (2*shael), or Botd either in Great Poleaxe or Giant Tresher.

2.-Ar: Try the IK gloves+boots combo, they give nice AR when together. Also angelic is a must, tho for pvm not really needed. Try to get a dual leech+ar ring. If u wanna have huge ar when mature, use TO belt along with 2*angelic rings+ammy.

And have a look to the stickies at the top of main page, thre are nice guides over there with gosu info for you.

Fer

3. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Thanks for the answer.
    Haven't been able to lay my hands on a Tomb reaver yet, but it has nice looking stats... Don't think i can afford Botd, but i will absolutly give the other weapons you mentioned above a try :)

Well, i'm only a pvm player, but i will still need some AR i think..TO belt could be nice, but i don't see where i get AR from that belt? But it has other really nice stats that could prove useful.. :) Angelic amu+ring have crossed my mind as i said in the first post. Think will get that rather sooner then later.

Thanks for the advice to read the stickys.. i do that :)

Cheers
    Yabbo

4. Madmartagan2002

Madmartagan2002 IncGamers Member

Other possiblities include upgraded BoneSnap ( 300% ED 40% CB, and +30 to cold and fire resists) or Upgraded SteelDriver

5. Hex

Hex IncGamers Member

Booo! .No style what so ever. It's all about the BotD Archon Staff.

6. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Maybe.. The only thing about maul's that scare's me abit is the high str requirement. Don't really know if i will put that many points into str. Or should i put alot in str for more dmg?? At the moment i'm lvl70 and have around 150 into str. have 85 statpoints not spend.

Cheers
    Yabbo

7. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Yes!! Donate one to me :clap:
    Don't think it's a single way for me to afford that kind of weap. A friend that quited the game gave me a botd warpike. Don't know what to do with it, since it's pretty slow.. Maybe give it to a merc.

Cheers
    Yabbo

8. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

He meant that that belt gives cannot be frozen, thus frees up the ring spot where you'd normally place a ravenfrost.

9. Sim.The.GoSu

Sim.The.GoSu IncGamers Member

Dont go bonesnap whatsoever.. so slow... almost like hellslower

10. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Thanks for making thing clear to me.

Okidoki.. Still not sure that i feel like spend sooo many points in Str so that i can use mauls. Since i don't use Oak i only have 1900life shifted, that's without life charms, but as i said, i have alot of stat points to spend.

Cheers
    Yabbo

11. skilledlord

skilledlord IncGamers Member

i thought druids had fast attack speed on mauls.

12. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

TRy windhammer (shael). Is damm fast (u reach 6 fpa) and strengh req are lower than IK maul. If you play only pvm, swich TO belt (cannot be frozen is not that important) for IK belt. IK belt, gloves and boots gies you nice AR and a lot of strengh (for the mauls pleasure). Also, try to get an armor with strengh (stone runeword is pretty nice, CoH is ok

13. hypermonkeytl

hypermonkeytl IncGamers Member

Why not just use Enigma armor (for the strength boost) and IK belt + gaunts. You'll get +20 strength from the gaunts, +60 strength from the armor (assuming you reach level 80), and +25 strength from the belt. That's about 105 extra points, and if you put in like 100 points into strength, you'll have enough for your IK maul or windhammer (unique ogre maul right?). And, more strength = more damage :/.

14. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Cool, i try that...

I Use CoH at the moment, and do think i stay with that armor. Probably gonna put some more pts into str anyway. Ik Seems the way to go.

Cheers
    Yabbo

15. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Any1 knows which are the bonuses for using IK gloves, boots, belt and weapon? Interested in the 1.10 hidden bonuses, not only what is showed at the set items page here at diabloii.

Thnx

16. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

I am going to have to recommend using ik maul + ik gloves + ik boots. This combo gives u awesome elemental damage on the maul, 25 ias on the gloves, and 25 mf on the boots and u also get a nice ar bonus with them on. You also hit 7 fpa with it I believe. People are recommending getting cannot be frozen on something different than raven frost, but that ring alone can add tons of ar so I think stick with that and something like a bk ring (or your manald if u don't have any mana leach anywhere else). Another excellent help to your ar is to get a demon limb on switch. This wpn has charges for a lvl 23 enchant which adds A LOT of ar and lasts for a heck of a long time, basically as long as u are shifted :). Other than that make sure u get how maxed as soon as u can and if u haven't already, put a point into shockwave for crowd control. That's all I got for now and I hope that it helps.

17. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Ahh.. How could i forgot about Demon limb. Thanks alot. Regarding Shockwave. I am about to max that skill out atm. I am lvl76 so i have maxed out - Lyc, wb, how and maul and at ~lvl90 i will have maxed shockwave.

Also, is 7fpa good with maul? Allways hear ppl talk about 4-5 fpa, but that's maybe only with fury, and wolves, but i have read in this forum that 4fpa could be possible for bears to, even if i don't mind have a 7fpa attack if that's good enough.. What do you bear experts think? :)

Cheers
    Yabbo

18. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Demon limb is only usefull for pvp, casting charges for pvm is kinda...dont worry about the AR, with angelic combo ull solve this problem (also, get as many hsap skillers as u can).

With both ik maul (2*shael) or shael windhammer u hit at 6 fpa. Only way to get 4 fpa with a bear is either using phase blade 110 WIAS or Giant thresher 120 WIAS, tho its physical damage suxx.

Anyway all items diuscussed here are easy to obtain, I suggest test all of them and choose by yourself.

About the skills points, dont max shockwave. One point wonder, but u only use it for the stund, with the +skills u may have in gear, is enough for its lenght. The other skillpoints, I suggest, one poiont in ciclone armor, and if u like u can max Geddon since u can cast this in bear shape over huge packs of mosters, then a bit of shockwave to stund, and tank info the fire field!!

19. DjYabbo

DjYabbo IncGamers Member

Oh, i see.. Testing the Ik Maul+belt+gloves+boots atm, and it work quite well.. I consider the skills abit.. I love the long stun lenght on Shockwave. make things alot easier..

Cheers
    Yabbo

20. VVanker79

VVanker79 IncGamers Member

I'm with you on the shockwave stun length. I'm about to max mine also. I figure I don't have to worry about kill speed if nothing ever moves.