Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warcry glitch?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JoeBruce, Jun 18, 2018.

1. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

Once my sword Barb hit ~lvl 35, I figured it was time to invest in a combat skill. Going with Frenzy and pushing him through A5, I experienced a weird glitch.

I'm almost positive it happens while I'm doing a warcry; I am uncertain if it is a particular one. The Barb avatar freezes in the animation*, left stuck holding his hands/weapons up and head tilted back. He almost seems untouchable when that happens, but I'm still in normal so monsters don't have much of a chance to hit me anyway. I manage to unglitch it by pressing the weapon switch button.

I have never seen this bug mentioned before, but it has to be documented or experienced by others... it has duplicated itself with this character 2 or 3 other times so far in the past ~two hours of gameplay. Not sure if being frenzied or something else (e.g. gear, skill) with this character is a trigger.

*Note - trying to share screenshots via my Google Drive, not sure how well that will work.

2. Gynli

Gynli Diabloii.Net Member

By any chance are you switching weapons alot? My initial reaction to this was the switch casting; where you go through the animation of one skill on one weapon setup, but when the weapon switch is timed perfectly, you cast the skill on the other.

I haven't heard anything related to the avatar freezing or such, but its just a hunch.

3. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

I haven't experienced this on either of my 2 Frenzy barbs. We'll wait and see if anyone else chimes in, but I've never come across this.

4. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

I had this happen to my Frenzy barb during my sept, maybe two or three times. He seemed to get stuck in the hit recovery animation. I tried pretty much everything (town portal, weapon switch, skill switch, menu screen) but I couldn't force him out of it. He could be hit, and eventually just started working again after a few seconds.

He was using a good amount of CTC on his gear. Not sure if it might have contributed.

5. JoeBruce

JoeBruce Diabloii.Net Member

Brak might be on the right track. I am switching weapons for my warcries, but in those screenshots I'm holding me fightin' swords, not me howlin' swords... also, I think this happened once while I was on my warcry weapon switch.

I feel like some aspect of his equipment might have something to do with it, but that is just a hunch. I will be playing this character more in the next couple of months, so I will continue to document as I can.

6. ioupainmax

ioupainmax Diabloii.Net Member

Are you using Myth armour?

7. Brak

Brak Diabloii.Net Member

I was not. I had Fortitude on. He is described in detail here.

I don't recall switching weapons at the time of getting the glitch, but I could be mistaken.
    I do think it happened in Act 5 both times. Once transitioning between the second and third open air areas, the second was in one of the underground sections, I think. It may have happened a third time, but memory is not clear.

were you fighting these guys when it happened?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018