Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Warcry barb (long)

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by hexisle, Mar 25, 2004.

1. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

Warcry barb (long)

Right, I have managed to make a caster from most of the characters in the game. Wind druid, hammerdin, poison necro and sorcs of all different types but I think its about time I tried the big guy. I have had a look at making a warcry barb but, not having much experience with barbs, I need some one to have a look over it for me. At the moment this is just a theory exercise as I have hardly any of the equipment I am going to list. If anyone has a warcry barb or has the time/equipment to build one please let me know if they work.

As far as I can see the best equipment set for this character would be as follows:-

Halaberd's Reign
    Conqueror Crown
    174 Str Required
    Clvl Req: 77
    +(140-170)% Enhanced Defence
    +1 to Warcries (Barbarian Only)
    +2 to Barbarian Skills
    20% Faster Hit Recovery
    Replenish Life +(15 - 23) ((1.465 - 2.246) Life Per Second)
    +(1-2) to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
    +(1-2) to Battle Command (Barbarian Only)

Enigma Archon Plate
    Jah + Ith + Ber
    Clvl Required:
    +2 To All Skills
    +45% Faster Run/Walk
    +1 To Teleport
    +757 Defence
    + (0.75 Per Character Level) +1-74.25 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
    Increase Maximum Life 5%
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    +14 Life After Each Kill
    15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    + (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character Level)

Heart of the Oak Flail (2 of)
    Ko + Vex + Pul + Thul
    Staves & Maces only
    Clvl Required:
    +3 To All Skills
    +40% Faster Cast Rate
    +75% Damage To Demons
    +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
    Adds 3-14 Cold Damage
    7% Mana Stolen Per Hit
    +1 To Blizzard (Sorceress Only)
    +10 To Dexterity
    Replenish Life +20
    Increase Maximum Mana 15%
    All Resistances +30-40 (varies)
    Level 4 Oak Sage (25 Charges)
    Level 14 Raven (60 Charges)
    +50% Damage To Undead

Arachnid Mesh
    Spiderweb Sash
    50 Str Required
    Clvl req: 80
    +(90-120)% Enhanced Defence
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    Level 3 Venom (11 Charges)
    +1 to All Skills
    Slows Target by 10%
    +5% to Maximum Mana

Frostburn
    Gauntlets
    60 Str Required
    Clvl Req: 29
    +30 Defence
    +5% Enhanced Damage
    +40% Mana
    Adds 1-6 Cold Damage, 2 Seconds Cold Length
    +10-20% Enhanced Defence

Silkweave
    Mesh Boots
    65 Str Required
    Clvl req: 36
    +150-190% Enhanced Defence
    +5 Mana After Each Kill
    +200 Defense vs. Missiles
    +10% Mana
    30% Faster Run/Walk

Mara's Kaleidoscope
    Clvl req: 67
    +2 to All Skills
    +20-30% Resistance To All
    +5 to Strength
    +5 to Dexterity
    +5 to Vitality
    +5 to Energy

The Stone of Jordan (2 of)
    Clvl req: 29
    +20 Mana
    +25% Mana
    +1-12 Lightning Damage
    +1 to All Skills

Annihilus
    Small Charm
    Required Level: 70
    +1 To All Skills
    +10-20 To All Attributes (varies)
    All Resistances +10-20 (varies)
    +5-10% To Experience Gained (varies)

10 x Warcry Grand Charms

This set up would give you.
    +16 to all skills
    +10 extra to warcrys
    +2 extra to Battle Orders and Battle Command

This would give a skill layout as follows:-

SKILLS (pre reqs included) at lvl 80 . Skills in parenthesis with items.

COMBAT MASTERIES
    1 Mace Mastery (17) Damage +108% attack +156%.
    1 Increased Stamina (17) +270% stamina
    1 Increased Speed (17) +41% increased speed
    1 Iron Skin (17) +190%
    1 Natural Resistance (17) +64% resistances

WARCRIES
    20 Howl (47) Enemy runs for 169.3 yards. Enemy runs for 49 seconds
    20 Taunt (47) Targets damage -97%. Targets attack -97%
    1 Shout (27) Defence +370%. Duration 300 secs
    20 Battlecry (47) Defence -142%. Damage -71%. Duration 122.4 secs
    1 Battle Orders (29) Max life/mana/stamina +122%. Duration 330 secs
    20 Warcry (47) Damage 1886-1932. Stun Length 10 secs
    1 Battle Command (29) Duration 305 secs

COMBAT SKILLS
    1 Bash (17) Attack +105%. Damage +135%. Damage +17
    1 Stun (17) Attack rating +100% Duration 8.5 secs
    1 Concentrate (17) Defence bonus +260%. Attack +220%. Damage +165%
    1 Berserk (17) Attack +340%. Magic damage + 600%. Duration 1.3 secs

OTHERS
    1 Teleport (15) Mana cost 10

EQUIPMENT GIVES

Presuming perfect stats on equipment the following would be added.

Faster hit recovery +20%
    Faster cast rate +100%
    Faster run/walk +75% (+116% with skill bonus, go go speed barb)
    + to resistances +90% (+154% with skill bonus)

With 100% fast cast your main warcry would do some serious damage.

I really think that given a serious amount of trading for the godlike kit, this would be a viable build.

Any comments greatly appreciated. Even if it is to tell me I am wrong.

Thanks for reading.

Hex

2. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

I am extremely possitive that the helmet will be unable to spawn.

10 Warcry GC will leavy you unable to pick ANYTHING up....So don't go beyond eight. Not quite sure of the math on the effects, but I'll take your word on it.

Otherwise...it looks rather solid.

Only weakness.... ranged attackers in Hell.

3. boochie61

boochie61 IncGamers Member

The 10 wc call is dead on unless this is pvp only. Hex is this pvp or pvm. I've found with my stunner singer barb that he very rarely get hit with double echoers. Plus with no shield I have virtually no points in my own singer in dex, saving points for vitality and energy. I can go a whole baal run, and use no more than two full healings. If this is pvp hex you might as well put vita charms all the way accross the bottom row to give you life boost. I don't think that helm is the best choice though. I've found at least 4 rare helms on this patch that surpass the stats on that without the huge strength requirement youre talking about. My own rare lion helm is +2 barb +3 shout +2 bo +17 lightning resist and for a throwaway +35% gold. You may want to think about that route because you need to concentrate way more points in vitality and energy than that 174 you are talking about. Most of the build sounds decent though. The ranged weapon thing doesnt effect me at all with only a duriels shell because my left click skill is leap attack and I am always on top of the ranged baddies before they hit me. The only time I actually die now is when I leap attack into a big crowd and a mana burn unique is there and I am swamped. Other than that, solo or group the build really works and everyone in a group you are in will love your barb, and will level pretty easily. A couple of points, too many points in combat skills. Beyond bash is a waste.
    Number 2 you are not getting synergies for skill gear. So your figures are way off on your calculation for duration of bo, battle command, and shout. Number 3 I would put one point each in find potion, find item, and grim ward. Trust me, if this is pvm at all, you will appreciate it.

4. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

What do you mean helmet will not spawn?

5. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

I had not really thought about PvM or PvP like i said, its theory only at the moment. I was thinking that the strength bonus from enigma could go a long way to offseting the helmets high strength req. I know what you mean about rare helms and if I ever build this guy I will have to keep an eye out for one. Thanks for the input

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i believe the breakpoint for fcr is 105 or thereabouts.

you'll only get +9 on teleport. i'm pretty sure + to barb skills won't add to it, only +to all skills.

try and look for mongojerry's caster barb, a lot of good ideas in there, especially about how to not be stuck with war cry alone.

there is a cap on all skills now at 40. synergies are "hard-capped" at 20, meaning only the points you put directly in them will affect it, so you can't get all that ed on zerk and conc...also, wouldn't that be somewhat copping out on the caster build? also, i don't think hoto does good damage.

ps. you do realize how limited war cry is, don't you? level up a barb and just see what it does and how it works in practice. here's also the catch-22: you basically have no way to deal with phys immunes unless you use skills, you can't use combat skills since you are a caster, etc. if you really want to try, maybe an amp damage charged wand on the switch.

7. boochie61

Hal you are dead on in regard to the PI. The merc had better have elemental damage in the weapon hex, or you're going to be running away alot from PI's. For pvm I dont see a purpose in a hoto really, because fast cast = lots of blue or purple pots. Hex this is a mana burning creation even in my own stunner version. I go through 6-8 pots every baal run. thats why I suggest the find potion especially. My own singer does 1k damage with warcry, which doesn't sound like much, but it hits every single monster in range with 1k, stunning them, and since I will have also cast battle cry, there def and damage are already reduced. I have yet to find one monster I couldn't kill fairly easily in hell except for ip, but with the bone spear going off so often on my mercs bonehew, and the pure magic damage that does, even they fall. One warning, if you see a unique stone skin, cursed, immune to physical, immune to magic, mana burn, run. tele. however you can get away, do so. You are going to die, no matter what you do.

8. Superhal

stone skin sucks, i'd rather have phys immune/fire/lightning/cold enchanted.

9. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

My Singer guide, new edition coming soon http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=154563

If you're trying for a general use, all purpose Singer that's way to many +skills

Wiz>HotO , again if you want to be useful in more then a highly supportive role

Gotta get 105% FCR

The font size of my guide is small (oops) so go to

View->Text Size-> a bigger size until you can read it this is at the top of you're browser, right by File, Edit etc.

10. hexisle

hexisle IncGamers Member

Thanks for the assist guys. I think I went a bit overboard with the +'s to skills. I thought this would be a well balanced build, I did not even think about the lack of damage on the hoto's. I just found my 2nd gimmer tonight so it looks like I am going to be building a thrower :)
    Anyone recomend a good thrower guide :)

11. Superhal

your first (few?) barbs don't have to be min-maxxed, eg. every single detail pre-planned. try different things.

12. boochie61

I hate cookie cutter perfect barbs super, agree with you all the way. Always have. Any well thought out barb is good if you don't just randomly throw things together. Heck, I've seen some bowbarians that do well from time to time. You can make quite effective high strength throwers. I have those. You can make effective low strength throwers. With howl, without. Grim ok, or not. It doesn't really matter hex as long as you stick with a general idea and don't throw away points (engergy, maxing berserk, things like that). Just have fun with the build and learn from mistakes. You don't need uber gear to build a thrower, but you do have to be smart. You can build a fairly competent thrower with only blue weaps, blue armor, a basic leech helm, and any number of basic, easy to get items. Who wants to be the 90,000th barb who builds halciet's perfect conc barb exactly as hal planned it out(it's a fanatastic build hal, don't take this as a complaint) If I see one more enigma, hoto hammerdin, I'm going to puke.

13. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Actually 105 is the breakpoint.

14. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

your the thrid person to point that out...