Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

war traveler add damage bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by saint_of_killers, Mar 9, 2004.

1. saint_of_killers

saint_of_killers Diablo: IncGamers Member

war traveler add damage bug?

has anyone else noticed that the add 15-25 damage mod on war traveler doesn't work? i couldn't notice on melee chars b/c the +10 str, but for my zon, it gave her absolutely no additional damage whatsoever. bug? or new anti-zon feature?

edit: after further testing, i discovered that my 36% war trav DO add the extra damage, while my 50% war trav don't...any explanation for that? (maybe cuz the perfs are most likely duped and somehow blizzard must punish me for that?)

2. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

I think that unless you are using a melee attack, dex adds extra damage.

3. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Right, thanks for clearing that up Faye.

Assuming all other equipment except the boots were the same in both tests - my guess is that it might be a display bug. In that case there is nothing to worry about - still it does seem strange.

4. Faye

Faye IncGamers Member

I think he meant the 15-25 dmg mod had no effect on his zon's dmg.

5. majorB

majorB IncGamers Member

I was wondering about the dmg mod on war travs too. I know the +dmg mods on the redeemer, and astreons is added straight to the attack without any sort of pvp penalty, but I was wondering if the +dmg on travs did the same thing?

Anybody know?

MajorB

6. Shadow_247

Yes, it should have the same effect as it does on weapons - assuming you aren't afflicted by the same bug the original poster was.

7. saint_of_killers

even if it's a display bug, it'd be kind of hard to test it out. the extra dmg is roughly 100-250 overall with my might merc. and i don't think that is enough to tell the difference in PvM (and probably PvP too). I'll just hope it's only a display error. also, I've been trying to trade my 50% WT for another pair of 50% WT, but to no avail...anyone willing to deal or test it out with me?

8. 1SG Bowie

1SG Bowie IncGamers Member

Take off all equipment and, punch somebody. Then have them check on how much damage they recieved.

This will tell you if it is a display bug.

9. saint_of_killers

i tried the punching, as well as javing and LF, and the damage display stays the same for both pair of WT on those attacks. so apparently only bows are affected (and i have tried a couple bows). i would assume after knowing this, it is most likely that it is NOT a display bug, correct?

edit: i tried a normal +min magic bow out. when i equipped my 50% wartrav the damage display was 73-74 and after a couple arrows i did 10 dmg on both arrows in PvP. when i put on my 36% wartrav the damage display was 126-127 and i did 20 dmg and 90 dmg from 2 different arrows. so, it apparently isn't a display bug. maybe i should do more testing, but this is enough evidence for me to try to trade my (bugged?) 50% wartrav for another perfect pair and see how that works.

10. moi

moi IncGamers Member

Although this is not apparent ingame, under the hood there are many different "adds damage" mods that look exactly the same. It's never been much of a concern with legit items, as they usually correctly add all types of damages, but when tards start hacking items, you get ones that only add to 1H damage or to 2H damage or whatever. Sounds to me like those 50mf war travs are a created item that was imported from an open char, like soo much other crap out there...

11. 1SG Bowie

1SG Bowie IncGamers Member

Yes, it looks like it is not a display bug.

The worst part is that the Magic Find may not even be working and, there is no way to know.

12. saint_of_killers

well, i'll just assume it's a item bug and not a display bug and try to trade them away for another pair...as for the other mods, it does add the str and vit and it does add def, so i'd assume perhaps the dmg mod is the only one bugged.
    should i tell blizz? even though they probably don't care.

PS. anyone have a caster out there w/ 50% travs willing to trade for my 50%? :D

13. saint_of_killers

okay...i tested out ANOTHER pair of 50% war travs and they didn't add to bow damage also. i'll have to check, but i think both 50% war travs i tested were comletely perfect: ed and attacker takes damage. my only theory is this: the duped perfects don't add to bow damage for some odd reason.
    anyway...guess i'll just have to settle for less mf and more dmg, since i need all the damage i can get...or maybe try to get 49% WT...hm...someone plz help me!!! aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!

14. Shadow_247

Which mode do you play on? I might have a 49pair on east nonladder that i can trade off to you for those buggy 50s. I don't play nonladder anyways so it's no skin off my back.

15. sorcyone

sorcyone Banned

It could be rust storm. Instead of deleting the item, it has made it worthless to you... Blizzard's revenge ...

BTW I also think they have nerfed MF runs. I find way more stuff with less MF with new characters than doing Pindle/Shenk/Eldirtch/pit runs with a high MF Necro.

16. saint_of_killers

thanks for the offer shadow, but i play uswest nonladder and some ladder (have a ** pal that WAS on pal ladder...then i decided to go back to nonladder).
    sorcy, you're probably right about both blizzard being cool and the nerfed MF, i too have found better stuff with no MF at all than when i do mf. thanks blizzard!!!

17. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

oops, wrong thread

18. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

hey uh...tell me of this andy bug. I've never checked this forum before...interesting information. So if you talk to all the people in town or just a certain one it messes things?
    *nick thinks about the great possibilities of mfing andy*
    thx in advance
    bung

19. MarkRenton

MarkRenton IncGamers Member

we tested it before. By using soul spur ( 14dex) and war traveler . War traveler added about 300 dmg more.