Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

War Cry Barb

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Standard Legal Tender, May 20, 2005.

1. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

War Cry Barb

I recently came upon some cool gear..
    10fcr 15dex 13-15 dex dual resis rings
    +2 barb fcr priz ammy

I was thinking of making a 150 fcr war cry barb~~(don't care about fcr breakpoints)
    I was thinking the following:

Items:

Gg ammy
    GG rings
    20 str 40+life fhr resis belt
    2 shards
    magefists
    30frw tri res 30+ boots
    Gs>Hawk
    Soc tri res 25+ 70+life helm

Skills:
    20 war cry
    20 bo
    9 nat resis+
    9 speed+
    Rest Synergies

Stats:
    All Vit
    Finishes lvl 85+

Im a little doubtfull about the range in duels. Resis would be maxed though so
    tanking sorcs wouldnt be much problem. Agaisnt necros, catching them wouldn't be too much problem, If they wall leap on them and war cry.Leaping on Hammerdins then War crying may work. If you switch for a High def grim shield and twitch, dodge ww's and war cry...might even be viable bvb since it stuns.

*These are just my thoughts, no proof or evidence this will actually work..But im bored so might as well try it out.

2. Murrogh

Murrogh Diabloii.Net Member

Nice gear ;)
    What realm are you in? I'm East Ladder and I'd like to see how this char turns out. IMO it will all come down to how well it stuns in pvp.

3. SwampBox

SwampBox Diabloii.Net Member

Most people like their BO levels to be at least 26...

4. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 Diabloii.Net Member

2 Wiz Spikes are generally the end-game weapon of choice of WC barbs. Shard and Suicide Branch are generally good leveling weapons though.

Shard:

50% Faster Cast Rate
    +55 To Attack Rating
    All Resistances +10
    +50 To Mana

Wiz:

+ (2 Per Character Level) 2-198 To Mana (Based On Character Level)
    50% Faster Cast Rate
    Regenerate Mana 15%
    Increase Maximum Mana 15%
    All Resistances +75
    Indestructible

5. Murrogh

Murrogh Diabloii.Net Member

um this is the classic formum...
    therefore no wisard spikes or suicide branches.
    One problem is going to be low dmg around 650 would be my guess, maxed synergies would be 763-809dmg with a +2 ammy
    compared to 2000 dmg from necromancers and thousands from hammeradins

6. el güero

el güero Diabloii.Net Member

breakpoint is 125, so with that in mind, you could prolly drop the magefist for frostburns.

7. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

this is a very viable build and hilarious as well. I was thinking about writing a guide for it but I got caught up in something. Anyways good luck!

8. TheCerberus

TheCerberus Diabloii.Net Member

Drop Magefists for Frostburns, get 2 +2 axes, 2 SoJs, and Berserker's Hauberk for BO switch.

9. fredsta54

fredsta54 Diabloii.Net Member

actually the fcr breakpoint for war cry is 110, same as sorceress. I made a pvp war cry barb a while back, couldnt do anything vs bone necros/// barbs/// hammerdins, but against sorceresses it did ok. Would make a nice and unique Bvs, Since you could fit lots of resists and replenish life on him. My barb used 2 shards, fcr pris +1 barb ammy with 50 cold resist, 2 sojs and frostburn, 30 r/w fhr resist boots, beserkers armour/// fhr resist armour, tarn helm or fhr resist helm.

He maxed war cry, bo, a few in nat resist/// increased speed, and rest to syerngys. I tore him down to make gear for a new char shortly after, though, was too tired of being owned by most characters due to inferior damage.

Fred

10. mhl12

mhl12 Diabloii.Net Member

theres no item switch option on classic unless you do it manually.

11. Quietus

Quietus Diabloii.Net Member

With regard to frostburns : the 40% mana that that these add isn't really noticeable, for a barb. My experience is with LOD, but I am currently in the process of building a VERY fun (And a bit expensive -_-) warcry barb, and I've found that if you're shooting for the 105 breakpoint (if this is different in classic, I apologize) then magefists are a much better choice than frostburns. Not only can you use sojs instead of fcr rings, which end up giving you more mana in the end anyway, but the mana regeneration on magefists is just UNBELIEVABLY useful. I end up with 1.3k mana, but that's with two wizardspikes - I'd expect around 800 for you.

12. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

PvP Warcry Barb: not very good

I realize that u are trying to make a pvp warcry barb, so u have things like a rubied helm and lottsa life, xtra speed. My experience has been very poor around any hi lvl barbs with my lvl 90 pure warcry barb, Blizzard doesnt like the game to stun a barb right in the middle of a ww. At best, u can cast a nasty hilvl battlecry from ur synergies, but I read on barb forum that bcry is bugged and only looks at a pre-shout defense setup. For zons, drop a shard and go with grim shield, right, good luck catching up with them tho. Hammerdins are very difficult, obviously. Necros, let them wall themselves in and then stun them, trouble is, like pallys, a few hits with bonespirits and u dead, and good luck getting thru a high lvl bonearmor. Sorcies are hard to catch, but if u do, they can be killed unless they have a high mana shield (to min damage taken) and/or high fhr (to get away from u).

If u team up with an amping necro, u can do twice as much damage, or if he uses decrep, they will take about 50% more damage and will have their speed cut in half, which may be useful in catching them.

13. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

PvM Pure Warcry Barb: nice!

Here is how my Warcry barb was made. He rarely dies and is a very good all-round party animal. I did tons of homework on this guy b4 making, tested fcr items on another barb, estimated damage...etc. He is very mana intensive.

In order to MAX DAMAGE over time u have to consider: 1)Maxing synergies, 2) pumping bo for max mana/life, 3) +skills items, 4)fcr items, 5)mana regen items, 6) +mana items. You will have to get some resist items to survive.

1. Max syn. Now max synerg requires a huge buttload of skill points - 80 !!! :surprise: This means u wont have a finished barb until u are in the low clvl 90's. If u are lvl 90, u have about 102 skill pts to spend, so this requires extremely frugal skill spending. U will want leap+leapatt, one each to get around, forget all other combat skills and the findpot tree and all masteries. One each in incspeed, incrstam, ironskin, and natres (to start, u may want more natres in higher difficulties). Get battlecommand and shout, one pt each. Max warcry first and work backwards on the tree. U have now spent 80+8=** pts and have 14 left over for the Annual Company Picnic.

2. BO. With 14 pts left, u would be an IDIOT to spend any of that to get any of the following: good shout/IS, a reasonable chance of finditem, berserk to kill phys immunes, lvl 9 fastrun. That leaves natresist. My barb has one pt in that +2skills +bc = lvl4 natres. Be very sparing here, cuz items can be had with decent resists. Put the rest in BO. Most of the time, some higher BO barb will be around anyways. U MUST have a decent lvl of BO to boost ur mana ball.

3. +skills. A +2 barb fcr priz is ideal. You can even get away with a magical +2 fcr ammy. Doing what TheCerberus says is good: +skills item switch just for bo. Any more permanent +skills items are either too expensive or hurt U in other ways...

4. fcr. 2 shards=buttload of fcr. Only bother to get one other fcr item for the 110% and then forget it. If u think that u should use only one shard, I tried this. Ur damage is low with this char, u need to max it, casting=damage. Any more questions??

5. Mana regen. Although useful in ur baby years, garb and eyeless can be disposed of later. Magefist vs. frosties. It's somewhat true what Quietus says, there is some sort of bug here with bo/barbs/frosties. I think it did much better in 1.03, now my bo isnt augmenting the 40% xtra mana of frosties. If u got 110% fcr already, u would only need magefist for the regen, which may take 60 seconds. But there are better ways of getting mana 'regen': 3 pskulled crowns and frequent trips to the mana vendor in town. 57% regen is nice, a 120 second full regen of ur mana ball can be cut to 75 seconds. But mana pots are even faster. FILL UP INVENTORY WITH MANA :love: POTS. Civerb's ammy is good for Nm.

6. Mana gear. Here is where fcr on rings is SILLY, and what u want is BIG +MANA 50-60 each and any wimpy resists u are lucky to get. (Remember: wimpy resists add up) Try to get up to +40 mana on boots. (Save the belt for fhr, wimpy resists, +life, +str; forget lenymo - not enough slots for mana pots.) An ammy with big mana is nice, but nearly impossible to get with other good stats. Ur shards give +100 mana. A 3 psapphire helm yields BIG MANA. (3-pskulled 57% regen helm may be more useful, its a point of dispute) Frosties: I still get +140 mana before AND after BO with them.

Now resists: Unless u have several nice triple resist boots and belt, u will probably need goldskin. Gs + something in natres +skills ammy + bc ---> resists well over zero. So those wimpy resists can do the rest of the job. If u warcry 3x a second next to a lightning boss with negative resists ----> u r dead. Shards are cheap, gs isnt.

Now we are ready for stats: 80 str for gs, 55 for a good mageplate, 100 for silks; 51 dex for shards; rest in vitality, which means u will have a huge life, over 3200 with this wimpy bo. If u are mana-desperate, well then, u could put up to 100 stats into energy, and that will do good with someone else's bo. But I don't advise it.

The Party Rules. Necro Amp = Godly Warcry Barb. Eh? Ahem:

NECRO AMP = GODLY WARCRY BARB :worship:

with monsters typically in hell having 40-50% physical resistance, a -100% phys resistance 'amping' by necro will push typical monster phys res to maybe -50%. So typical monster will take damage THREE TIMES FASTER. :thumbs up: This completely blows away any monster health regen and kills regular monsters within a few seconds. Remember: warcry is all pure physical damage. Decrep will lower the phys res to about zero and will do the job 2x faster than without. Only a hi lvl hammerdin or sorc with bliz/fireball or ww barb with amp'd monsters can clear late hell this fast.

So how much damage? My barb does 828 per cast per monster. Thats about 2500 per second, less if u consider phys resis. With amp and about 7 monsters surrounding, thats over 50,000 damage per second!!! :clap:

Pally Meditation, rare but sometimes seen, helps tons.

Tips: taunt mana burners and lottsa other monsters to U and then Yell away.
    Avoid being near lightning bosses, don't fastcast first thing around them, test their intrinsic damage. All damage by monsters can be doubled 5% of the time and with lag, warcry is somewhat deadly for u and party on this occasion.

14. Standard Legal Tender

Thanks everyone for the replys, fearlessone for his long long build. I plan to make the barb soon on sccl west.. hope it works out somewhat. :clap:

15. fredsta54

Well people do do it manually for more life///defense// and mana. You'll need maximum life/// defense when your dueling top bvb barbs (although this topic is about war cry barbs, arg)

16. Standard Legal Tender

Well right now im thinking between this war cry barb, a 160-170 bh bvb, or one of freddies favorite cleg bvbs. Is war cry barb really worth getting 90+ and my sojsssssss :rolleyes: .

17. sardoniclysane

sardoniclysane Banned

If you are going war-cry, just go for 105 bp. Barbs have same fcr breakpoints as do sorcs, so it's 105 then (an impossible on classic) 200 fcr.

2 shards plus fcr on your ammy or a ring and you are there.

Then use sojs for the rings (plus to skills is teh good) or 1 soj, and 1 plus to dex high rez ring.

You will want to have as high a fr/w as you can get, so you may want to think about using irthas, then get some 30fr/w high rez boots, and some godly rez armor.

Make sure to put points into the fr/w skill as well, since you can't tele, you will have to chase down people.

18. fredsta54

well, on topic to cleg barbs, they are ridicliously cheap, the gear wont cost you a nickel. well, at least their gloves and weapon wont.

You can even use the whole set for lvling in flayer jungle before you have to cs to gain lvls. The set offers mana leach, ias, and 35% crushing blow, so you will be able to hold your own, although nowhere near as good as a pvm barb

gl

Fred