Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

War cry as main skill

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Scyron, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Scyron

Scyron IncGamers Member

War cry as main skill

I once played regularly with a softcore barb that used the warcry "War cry" as main skill when Baaling. He kept all the monsters stunned all the time, which made it really nice and safe.
    I'm playing hardcore nowadays, and thinking about making a "war cry" barb, but was wondering what other skills there are to use with war cry. I'm planning to make this my main char, and will as such use him for most all-round stuff, like boosting and MFing.
    Haven't found any decent guides, but I have to admit I haven't looked very hard. Any advice?

2. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

I guess it would be hard to maintain killing power, mana, and still be able to have high mf, or mf'ing in a fast enough time.

3. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Using Warcry as a killing skill takes up pretty much all your skillpoints. 80 for WC and synergy, 20 for BO, 1 in find item, natural resist and battle command... or did you mean to use it just for stun effect?

4. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm think he meant for stun length? Maybe a Concentrate-Warcry barb would fit your purpose? Hal has a nice Concentrate guide stickied - you may want to read that to lay foundations for this build :D Think it'll look something like this:

Max BO
    Max Concentrate
    Max Weapon Mastery
    Max Warcry
    Rest Shout
    1 zerk (for PI/Iron Maiden)
    1 prereqs

I made a bash/stun-warcry for kicks but turned out he's fun. Didn't make him my item runner though as i have establised ones hehe. Warcry synergises stun to add more stun length though and my barb draws laughs from sorcs who think i act like their barb merc :p Shockwave-Maul/Fireclaws bears also make fun partymates and we put small packs almost in constant stun animation hehe. Cheers

5. Scyron

Scyron IncGamers Member

Concentrate-warcry barb... I'll definately give that some thought!

What I was looking for was using warcry for stunning on baalruns, and in general tricky situations, and what I use for killing doesn't really matter if it's warcry itself, or some other skill.

Thanks for the advice!

6. MonsterSlayer

MonsterSlayer Guest

then warcry should be your 1 point wonder ;)