Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wanting to play 1.07, some questions.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Morbid, May 17, 2008.

1. Morbid

Morbid IncGamers Member

Wanting to play 1.07, some questions.

Hi everyone.

I wanted to play some 1.07 for a different taste.

I read the sticky here: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=472485

Seems that all the links are broken, are there updated links?

Thanks.

--Mark

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Re: Wanting to play 1.07, some questions.

Some of the guys here will have info but as for a complete new 1.07 guide .. no.

If someone wants to update the 1.07 guide, I'd be delighted to add it to the FAQ.

This is always an issue when dealing with threads a couple of years old and certainly with a game as old as this.

No doubt the info is out there, it's just a case of finding it again. Anyone? :wink2:

3. Swiller

Swiller IncGamers Member

I've never bothered to look through the entirety of the thread that Thyiad posted, but I found this link which gives the major differences in skills, and a 1.07 Drop Calculator. Of course, I reckon you could use ATMA for that.

Also, may I ask if you bought the Diablo II Battlechest? It includes a strategy guide which was written for 1.07.

Hope this helps at least a little.

4. galtwish

galtwish IncGamers Member

The D2 strategy guide is good for skill planning, and explanation of what the skills actually do (cold vs. physical dmg for Hurricane, frex).

If yopu have specific questions about something in 1.07, the seach function is pretty helpful (1.07 runewords), but if you have more general questions (how much life should I have entering Hell?), ask the 1.07 news thread and we'll answer. Granted, the information is pretty biased and some of it is speculative, but half the fun of 1.07 is the experimentation and discovery. The other half is crafting/cubing or rack running for broken 1.07 uniques.

5. Morbid

Morbid IncGamers Member

Thanks, everyone.

Already having some fun, level 12, made it to the Black Marsh + did Countess.

Some interesting observations:

-When I beat Blood Raven, my merc was 3 levels higher than me! :eek: (As to be expected) Do... Act 1 Rogue Mercs have that same goofy run in 1.11? I don't use them at all.
    -This Act 1 Merc is awesome, even without gear!
    -Finding 2 rejuvenation potions is awesome. Full belt each time really helps with runs.
    -I'm doing a lot better with hitting stuff as a Sorc, still using a regular Axe with 4% LL, and tearing through some guys.

I'm going to try a 20 Frozen Orb/20 Cold Mastery/20 Warmth build, I think that's the easiest route to go in terms of damage and playing untwinked.

What version of ATMA should I download?

6. Grisu

Grisu IncGamers Member

Also, you can find a lot of information (mostly including items/cubing/crafting) in the 1.07 guide addendum (if you haven't already found it:smiley:)

Good luck on your 1.07 quest!:thumbsup:

EDIT: Don't forget Static Field - no caps in Hell, so you can reduce a monster's health to a sliver and then slice through with a FO.

7. Morbid

Morbid IncGamers Member

Static Field has been my savior :eek:

I got to 15, and was able to kill Andariel with the help of it. Just need to work on not getting hit too much, she dies too easily.