Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Want to explain this????

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by SevenOwl, Feb 13, 2004.

1. SevenOwl

SevenOwl IncGamers Member

Want to explain this????

some one want to explain why I cannot log back onto USEast realm?? When I was just on there playing a single game for over an hour, went to switch accounts, and it tells me the realm is down. Now.. my friend, sitting 3 feet away from me.. is playing a game on USEast, and manages to log in and out no problem. I did NOT join a rejoin numerous games etc... This has happened a few times now.. and is really dam annoying as hell. WTF is going on here?????

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Realm down is a temporary ban. Seldom does it mean that the realm is actually down. The usual wait time for RD is 15-20minutes, after that time you should be able to log back in.\

You get RD after switching characters quickly, joining games quickly or sending invalid packets repeatedly.

3. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

Do you have seperate IPs or are you on a LAN sharing an IP? If you're on the same IP it may be that with you and your friend both logging in and out of games, or just you logging out then back too quickly, Bnet decided to detect it as "bot" behavior and threw up a temp ban and if your friend had left the game, he probably would get realm down on trying to rejoin too. I have D2 on multiple computers on my LAN (makes solo leveling faster and muling faster and safer) and I've had instances getting realm down trying to enter a game while the others are still in the game and able to play. You're less likely to have problems if you do a slow count to 10 between making games or switching characters.

4. Hoyunah

Hoyunah IncGamers Member

if your using at third party programs too they do a temp ban on u for a good 20-30 mins jus go check ur mail or sumthin and come back.