Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Want a nigma? Stop whining.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by baboontilt, May 31, 2005.

1. baboontilt

baboontilt Banned

Want a nigma? Stop whining.

It never ceases to amaze me when people complain about their lack of wealth in D2. I can understand not having all the best gear of course, but not even being able to afford an enigma :rolleyes:

Were it just a matter of who can go Ebay and who can't, or who has a duper friend or not, it would be a differnt matter, but working your way up to something as cheap as a nigma is a simple matter. Although I will admit when i started I had several friends who provided me with your typical "good" gear (enigma, HOTO, etc.), I now know many ways to get richer easily. For those of you who always complain and accuse "rich" people of cheating, here are a few ways you can earn yourself a couple runes (consequently enigma) inside of a week or two.

First of all, keep in mind that your run-of-the mill nigma costs 2 runes. Keeping this in mind, a couple Ists/mals/Ums from hellforges can generally be traded 1:1 with hi runes for the right buyer. However, the key to your desired wealth is gold. Now many people buy gold straight up for runes, I forget a ratio but 1 rune: 1 million gold sounds about right. However, without decent goldfind gear, this could take a while (although unless im not thinking clearly this means theoretically ~30 elite armors trades for a high rune). Personally, I have just started to shop, and it is a great way to get wealthy. My vendor of choice is Anya due to the portal allowing easy entering and exiting of town. The other day I shopped Anya for just under 2 hours (yeah, I was bored, I know) and accumulated about 10 runes worth of items. For you laymen out there, that could get me a nigma, lower end HOTO, arachnid mesh, HOZ, maybe a couple SOJs and a Shako. Thats a run-of-the-mill hammerdin setup which you can use for any number of things. Slap some chancies, War travs, and mf charms on him and start pit running, or trav for more gold :) . It's not a get-rich quick formula, but it can get the job done. Its just annoying to see people whine about "wealthier" players when they could put in a little work and have at least a decent character. If anyone has any thoughts on this feel free to post away.

2. befkonijn

befkonijn IncGamers Member

would you sell ur hr vs gold? :)

my way of doing it... lot's of single player, so got used to the game... got internet, started online with two friends, met some cool guys who gave shako and lidless etc, doing loads of mf runs with the three of us (we needed to be with 3 sorces to handle mephi hell) and that's how we did mf-runs in the beginning, then we found items, got better, better items etc etc... when we started doing pindle's aswell, we found our first COA and it had perf stats, so that kinda launched us in the right direction... after that it was a max/ar/life sc... you just need to find that one items that will get u on the way... and when the ball gets rolling...

3. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

You might want to mention realm/ladder or nonladder when discussing values. I for one am curious because it seem to me like anybody willing to sacrifice an HR (duped or not) to scrounge up a million gold on their own should be too bored of the game by now to care.

4. Fallen Creation

Fallen Creation IncGamers Member

The going rate on WestNL is 1 rune:5 million gold.

Crafters buy gold in bulk to gamble for base items.

5. baboontilt

baboontilt Banned

Thanks for the ratio info, I knew that sounded off, I'm just really tired right now. Also, I am on West NL

6. Pherdnut

Ah.. gotcha. Yeah, Gold is pretty close to worthless on Ladder. I think I saw a 27 all resist vipermagi go for 1 mil the other day, which seemed a good deal for the viper from what I've seen of gold trades in the past. Keep in mind, for a player starting from scratch with NO help from friends, your typical startup gear could represent months of dedicated play. Lucky breaks of the multiple HR/Ist variety are pretty rare.

7. baboontilt

baboontilt Banned

Yeah, it is harder on ladder I'd assume, although I have never played it. Not having anyone to rush you would make things rather difficult :p well, if anyone ever needs a rush whisper me at
    /w *baboontilt
    /w *baboonmule
    and I'll help if not busy. Also, I usually get pretty lucky with my hellforges (5 ists in a row = gg lol)

8. Pherdnut

Yeah, well two Guls in a row here which I used to trade for an Ist and the crappiest DWeb possible, and I've got nothing but Lem or lower for like the last 8 runs. That wouldn't bug me, but it still takes me a while in Hell since my meteorb doesn't really have the gear to be particularly powerful.

9. FrozenSolid

FrozenSolid IncGamers Member

Did anyone mention the value of pgems? :rolleyes:

10. befkonijn

if 1 mil gold would be 1 hr, i'd have 10 hr's a day if i want... that would be sweet ofc :)

gonna try it :p

11. FrozenSolid

I traded about 10+ mill for 1 hr the other day ... just gotta find the right person.

12. befkonijn

now sell it for 20 mill and find the other person again ;)

13. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

lol come to asia where one high rune costs 30 ist or more.

14. befkonijn

asia ladder i presume... i only go there on holidays :) not to play diablo ;)

15. FrozenSolid

wowee o_O
    I guess theres not as many dupers there as in eu and us?
    I traded in nl btw.

16. let's have a look

let's have a look IncGamers Member

Hey Ding-Dong

You don't know why everyone doen't have and Enigma? After all your friends gave you one.

What a strange thing to say.

Almost like you don't understand why everyone doen't have a BMW because your daddy just bought you one?

Very odd.

17. befkonijn

i don't have a BMW :( but ur right on the spot saying that... some dont have the luck getting itamz from friends and actually have to play to find a somewhat godly item...

18. FrozenSolid

I can relate to that. Some are like "why dont u just use and enigma instead of viper?"
    Im sure youve all heard something similar in your younger days.
    But I really believe that it is easy to obtain hrs these days. I think a hr on nl goes for about 20 perfect amethysts atm. After all they keep dropping in value since theyre being multiplied by the second.

19. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I thought this thread was about not whining

20. FrozenSolid

bah, rules are ment to be broken :rolleyes: