Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wanna see a glimpse of Ce Olba's still-in-make BvC guide? 1.2 der=

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ce Olba, Sep 26, 2006.

?

Upgrading to 1.13 a good thing or not?

1. I've upgraded and like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I've upgraded and wish i hadn't.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm sticking with my old(er) version.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Just pick a version and blame Durf if anything goes wrong.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Wanna see a glimpse of Ce Olba's still-in-make BvC guide? 1.2

Now, let's try again.

So, the thing is this:
    I've been making a BvC guide for quite some time. I've been thinking for a while, and I think I could let you people see some of it.

The sections it's got so far:
    Stats
    Charms
    Skills
    Pub Setup
    What's a BvC?

So, if enough "Yes" votes are casted (more than 60% of the votes), i will publish an incomplete part of it.

Some story behind this: Currently I cannot play D2 actively, so the guide's been out of work for a while. Also, I've had quite a busy start in the new school, and tomorrow is starting a one-week-long period of tests (1 per day, except saturday and sunday), so I simply have no time to write the guide right now. Also, I cannot make the strategies parts without dueling myself.

And I'm too bored to answer the same questions over and over again.

A word of warning though:
    The guide is quite long due to being thorough and explaining a lot of things. Only the parts I got now are already 9.5 pages with font size 12. Also, it might be boring to read as it's quite thorough.

However, it has also got a lot of information to it.

You guys and girls (if there are any) have 2 months to vote. After 2 months from now, I will see the outcome. Or I might see earlier, if the votes seem quite one-sided. Let's say if over 85% over a month (or 90% over three weeks) want it, I will let them have it. Deal? I myself will of course not vote, that would be cheating. VOTE ON!

Also, please post the reasons behind your vote, be they long or short, positive or negative. Of course, I will be there to answer most or all of them (depending from the amount of posts). Some people who have a problem with me might say "That's only for postcount", but it actually let's my opinion out and it will keep the topic alive.

And I also hope that you would keep it alive. Or if a mod could sticky it until the period of two months is ended if it's not too much asked.

And to answer why I am doing such a poll: If I see that the guide is wanted, I will post it and keep on talking about it. If not, then I won't.

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

First, sorry for double posting. It would not be my meaning, but I forgot something from the first post.

Here's a little part of the guide:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showpost.php?p=4833589&postcount=5

EDIT: So far I can see 2 votes, but no posts to tell the reasons why such votes.

Please tell me, I want to know.

3. anotherlaughingman

anotherlaughingman IncGamers Member

voted yes, you have a lot of knowledge about bvc and it would be great if you share it with us.
    side: 9.5+ pages, i might have to wait until the holiday season to read this.

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Well, the things so far in the guide are quite common knowledge of BvCs. The only few new things I got there are the additional charms, Hsarus and stats. And unlike MCM, who likes to tell things in 25 different topics, I make them all into one.

Well, if all goes "good", you will have that 9.5 pages (that's in case I won't write any more of it) in three weeks. At most 2 months or never.

Also, as you might've realized from the example I posted, I go into deep to explain the things and so some people might find it rather boring to read. Some people prefer Blobs' guide simple for the fact that it explains nothing and tells you exactly what to do, making it so that you CANNOT ask questions because the only answer you will most likely get is something like "figure it yourself", which I see as a rather lame excuse. I LIKE to calculate D2 stuff for people, I LIKE to experiment D2 both on paper and off-paper, I LIKE to post a lot about D2, I LIKE to have so much knowing of something.

5. Uncle_Mike

Uncle_Mike D2 PvP Moderator

Voted "I do not care" because this thread is ridiculous...

Mike

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Why is is ridiculous? Tell me. Or at least define this "ridiculous" of yours. It might differ massively from mine.

I simply want to see the opinions of people. It's not like I've gotten any cockier or something.

7. Uncle_Mike

DO i really have to tell the obvious? if you want to post it - post it? do you seriously expect people to debate that for 2 months? Gosh - I really do not want to be banned because of you...I will count to 10 now...opinions on what? you want a thread about whether a future guide is to be posted stickied? Why on earth would it be and how is it pvp related?

The guide itself is, this thread - not at alll...

Mike

8. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

"The obvious". Whatever is obvious to you might not be obvious to others. For example, for you it might be obvious that whenever you see the sky, you feel happy. For me, it's not. Just an example though.

It's not gonna be a "debate for 2 months". I put the 2 months timer on the poll just for the sakes of people who do not necessarily be here on these forums everyday. Some people might even be on a trip.

As for if I should post it or not. I shouldn't do something that is not wanted, that will just make people hate me. And if everyone hates me, I have no one to tell stuff to, no one to talk to, no one to depend on, no one to be with.

9. Uncle_Mike

Great example, hats off....

you do realise how many people frequent this forum right? 20-30 maybe, not many more as far as regulars are concerned. As far as the rest is concerned, just post the thread and they might even read it...

anything particularly outstanding about your guide that makes it worthy of 60 days wait? Anything that Rom, MCM, blobs, MOrtsjos etc. have not posted before? if so just post it, what on earth is there to debate....

And why would you be hated because of the guide? If anyone does not like you it is because of your attitude, but that is not an issue since you will never acknowledge it.... The crappiest of wannabe guides have been posted and nothing happened. It is quite obvious that you have knowledge of the game, are familiar with the number crunching and so on... are you that desperate for attention? I am out of this thread. As far as the others are concerned - DO YOU WANT THE GUIDE TO BE POSTED? only 59 days left - quick, debate and please give good reasons...

Mike

10. pedu

pedu IncGamers Member

Going on "all or nothing" mentality... So voted no.

But it will be nice to give it a read when its finished.

11. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

I voted no.

I think it'll be better, if it's great, (and you've given lots of BVC advice, so I'm guessing it will be) to hold off and give it one big release.

12. mainaman

mainaman IncGamers Member

voted yes
    i prompted you several times to write one . the difference from other guides will not be the set up or stats , but charm set up and detailed explanation of gear choices. Too bad you said it lacks pvp strategies , hope you will add later. Finally there will hopefully a BvC guide stickied and ppl will be able to go read instead of asking the same questions ove and over.

13. Thoridian

Thoridian IncGamers Member

Hell no. Either relase it finished or dont relase it at all until u finish it.

14. diablotradez

diablotradez Banned

never. bvcs are overrated and too hype. hype like that dumb ff7 game that kids still play today and think its the best rpg.

you are saying your not getting any cockier but the way you posted your avatar doesnt seem like that way.

there are aready alot of web pages about diablo 2 in different languages what makes you think your the only one who knows about this game that people need to wait for 2 months?

if you need to explain every single detail on how to duel with a bvc i think you should name your guide " bvc for dummies"

15. Ronaldo

Ronaldo IncGamers Member

ever thought of posting this in the barb forum?

16. nickedoff

nickedoff IncGamers Member

Edit - Nevermind, this post was pretty pointless.

17. a brick

a brick IncGamers Member

i voted yes because i have seen you post some good advice

you have even helped me understand pvp better even though i have no interest in bvc's(sorry). if you can do that, i think it would help the people who always come in this forum and post bvc stuff, along with me.

brick

18. Camden

Camden IncGamers Member

I was wondering why your name looked so familiar. Now your avatar proves my theory :D.

And yes I'd like a glimpse, I may be regearing a barb for a friend, but when it comes to barbs i mostly just follow guides :]

19. mythos

mythos IncGamers Member

i'll be voting 'hell no'. if you post it, only half done, then you'll get a lot of criticism (even if you clearly state that its still a work in progress) for leaving stuff out.
    despite my vote, i'd like to see you post it when its finished. there's way too many bvc questions being asked over and over again....... But I guess its no worse than the pally forum, with its endless 'how do i make a godly smiter?' threads.

Now, as for this thread. What can i say? Decisiveness is a great trait to have! The poll is a waste of time.

EDIT : having built the topic up, there's going to be high expectations on this guide. if i were you i'd send it to a few people whose knowledge/skills you repsect before you release it. Let them review it and make it an even better guide. give them prop's for their help.

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Now now, a lot of good reasons here.

Actually, better ones than I expected. Way better.

Uncle_Mike: The way the poll is has nothing to do with the guide. If it did, I would've actually thought the poll over multiple times.

Pedu: A gambler huh? Well, that's not too bad, there's just this little thing.

Nickedoff: Now, that's a nice one. Thumbs up.:thumbsup:

Mainaman: Another bunch of good reasons here. As I already pointed out, I couldn't possibly go writing PvP strategies based on duels I've had almost half a year ago. That could make them both inaccurate and old.

Thoridian: Now you should know it better than anyone else that if I could, I would be dueling all I can. As for being finished or not, right at the moment I can go as far as explaining EVERYTHING except the strategies. Going into the strategies would be "dangerous".

Diablotradez: FF7 is actually quite a nice game. Most Final Fantasy fans hype it a lot because it's been their first FF-game. I had it different, I first played FFX. As for FF7, it truly is a great game, as it's got very good character, good but very hard character system, a very good storyline. I've always said that it would deserve a remake on PS2.

As for the Diablo-issues: Why are BvCs hyped? Tell me? How come you think they're "overrated"? Usually I take "overrated" as something that's expected to be good but it ends up sucking. Most BvCs suck for simple reasons: Lack of gear, understanding, skill, patience, strategies, knowledge, brain.

What the hell does my Avatar have to do with things? I just happen to like that picture a lot.

The greatness (or lack of it) has nothing to do with length of the poll. I want to let people vote. I want to see lots of different opinions.

As for the details, it's not about being dumb or wise. Actually, it's got so much text that the dumber people will still go with Blobs' guide as it's easier to understand. As for the dueling part, I do not know about it's details, as I would need to actually duel to make the section, and that's impossible right now.

Ronaldo: I did, but there are more BvC talk in the PvP forum.

a brick: Another positive person, how nice. I like people like you.

Mythos: In size, the strategies would range from a quarter to about 2/3rds. As for the lack of it, I've already given good reasons. As for the lack of strategies, that would make it like one of the D2jsp guides, where there's only a bunch of gear listed with no reasons behind a thing and then they say "My char beats everyone so it's the best, owned".

Give a reason to why the poll is a waste?

And to just about everyone who's going to wonder about any logic behind this topic: If I won't write any strategies, it won't of course be a full guide, just a partial one to look and give to people looking for the gear, stats, skills and such. As for the PvP strategies, depending from class, I can always give some tips and pointers, but basing the whole PvP section only on such things would both make it worse and even bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.