Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wand Choices...hmmmm

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Hypnectic, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

Wand Choices...hmmmm

Can hear the jeopardy theme song?

Which wand is best for NvN all around and why?

A) White - +3 bonespirit mod.

B) Carrin Shard - 5% regen life jewel

C) Wizard Spike - 15% resist all jewel.

D) Rare Tomb wand - +2 psn bone, 20% fcr, +12 life regen,+64 to life, 9% dual leech.

Basically I started this thread to help me decide which wand to use during NvN matches. not all class duels just nec vs nec.

gear is:

- shako (um'd)
    - homonc (eld'd) / Lidless (sur'd)
    - soj / bk ring
    - arachnid
    - enigma
    - marrows/sanders
    - storm circ ammy
    - trangs / bloodfist gloves
    - CTA for B.orders
    - 10x BnP charms
    - 10x hp/Nrg small charms

Help me decide :scratch: fellow necs. HyP.

2. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

If you have enough mana: go for White I'd say.
    If you need mana and cast rate (and with the other equip in mind I think you need the cast rate): go for Wizspike.
    Try to at least get 75 fcr. I would use Vipermagi instead of Enigma though. If you do so you can get 75 cast with White and still use Homunculus.

3. Hypnectic

Hypnectic IncGamers Member

yepz

well im going with my Carrin b/c i need the FHR also the life and mana bonuses are friggin outstanding. Especially with my CTA.
    10% Fcr carrin
    20% Fcr arachnid
    20% Fcr Ammy
    20% Fcr Trang Gloves
    20% Fcr Lidless
    so im getting enough cast rate w/o the carrin, to reach 75%
    but lacking in the Fhr department is the main reason, plus all the mana/health bonuses form carrin, too darn good to pass up. :buddies:
    Im thinking of switching to bloodfists for more Fhr. but then my Cast rate would be only 70%...doh! Man a nice Bvalk would fix this problem, any1 know where i can get my hands on one? :drool:

4. spencert

spencert IncGamers Member

Or get a Bone/FHR GC.... will cost a bit though....

5. Sigus

Sigus IncGamers Member

White everytime, but make sure it has other +skills to what you usually use.

6. Corpseus

Corpseus IncGamers Member

A few quick comments, I do believe that life per level mods such as carrin or shako do not get boosted by % life bonuses such as oak, jah, or battle orders.

Also weight out different setups so you know you are getting the most bang for your item slot. The easiest way to do that is think of what FHR break point you want is, what cast break you want is, how much run walk, and any other mods you like; like +skills/damage reduction/resists/life replenish etc and then tweak out for max life.There is no best build, but there is often a best build for the equipment you can work with.

Finally in the setup you posted you could make better uses of your item slots I believe. That 20 cast amulet(if it has +skills as well) is very much going to waste in a setup like that. For one it's a great amulet that could make many cast setups work, but more importantly you only need 5 % from your ammy, not twenty and generally mods on 5% casters are a bit nicer than mods on 20% casters. So I would either get another ammy better suited for your cast needs, or dump the carrin, get a white and drop trangs for bloods, or lidless for homuc.