Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wake of Inferno

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by grey_wolf_bg, Apr 8, 2004.

1. grey_wolf_bg

grey_wolf_bg IncGamers Member

Wake of Inferno

I'm building trap sin in hardcore. I'm now in Nightmare and have been maxed LS and DS, Shadow Master 10. I'm level 55.
    My question is - wath trap to max next to deal with LI in Hell - i think about Wake of inferno - on list it has good damage and I have been already maxed 1 of its sinregyes (DS). It is Wake of inferno good to deal with LI - and if dosnt - wath skill to max. I read the GHOST guide - is like my build exept FADE - do I have to max FADE and if , again wath to do with LI ?
    sorry for my English

2. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I think because you've already gone with Lightning Sentry, if you want fire, go for Fire Blast. That will improve your Death Sentry in return (WoI won't).

I like my WoI/DS/FB build, so if you like Wake of Inferno, perhaps it would be better to remake your assassin and leave Lightning Sentry out of it.

This isn't to say you shouldn't try Wake of Inferno. It makes for a good synergy choice, but I think you'll be lacking in hell since Death Sentry usually does all of your killing once you generate a body.

3. grey_wolf_bg

grey_wolf_bg IncGamers Member

I dont want fire - i just want another element of damage to kill LI monsters. I meet some Gloams in Baal runs in NM - and it takes forever to kill them.
    I want WoI because it has biggest fire damage. Most of killing is done by LS not DS.
    It is a good idea to put one point in Blade fury and max Venom = ranged poison damage.

4. GenXCub

GenXCub IncGamers Member

I'll let someone else answer that since I've never maxed venom with a BF build, though it should work out okay. I think that killing gloams may be easier with Cloak of Shadows and Wake of Inferno. Though WoI really shines after having 2 synergies.

5. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Inferno-like skills are bugged in 1.10. They deal about 28% of their listed damage. Hence Wake of Inferno is worthless in the current patch.

6. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

I'm not sure if you meant this as a question or not, but here goes:

In NM with max Venom in low-player games BF will kill Gloams real fast--if you have good AR and/or -def (from CoS).

Same in Hell, except you have to have level 30+ to take them out quickly in anything but solo games.

And I'll echo what was already said about WoI. Fire Blast is perfect for a trapper, and Gloams go down really fast to fire damage. Oh, and CoS is your best friend.

7. wsimian

wsimian IncGamers Member

Whaaaaaaaaaat??? No. Tell me it isn't so. :cheesy:

8. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Sorry, but I've heard this on the sorc forum and since I've seen it confirmed there, here and in the SPF. Haven't checked the druid forum (Arctic Blast falls into this bug catergory too) though. To my knowledge, Inferno, Wake of Inferno and Arctic blast aren't worth their salt in 1.10. The 28% comes from people who dig into mpq's and noted that somewhere in a table the columns are shifted, resulting in severe wimpying of these skills.

9. prion

prion IncGamers Member

This was discussed in depth on a competing forum that I can't name. It is now widely known on both druid and sorc forum.
    Yes it is true and the LCS does indeed lie to you about the damage.
    :(