Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wake of Fire FPA

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by zeiris, Oct 1, 2006.

1. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

Wake of Fire FPA

Okay, so I know wake of fire fires five wakes (sometimes one is invisible, depending on the placement) over five-six seconds... but how fast does it fire? I have no clue how to read the stuff inside the mpq files, and while I -could- learn I'd really rather not =( Can anyone a bit more MPQ-savvy lend a hand, at least by giving me a link or two to IAS-editing related tutorials?

(I'm trying to figure out a traplaying speed that will minimize nextdelay damage/stun loss.)

2. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

I suspect that the wake of fire attacks every 15 frames, but I'm not really sure what you're aiming for ultimately. IAS on the assassin will only increase the speed with which the traps are placed, and not the speed with which the traps themselves attack.

3. zeiris

zeiris IncGamers Member

My level 30 fire trapper is awesome, but there's always room for improvement. Two of the things I'm looking to improve are the damage/stun and the mana efficiency. Dropping random traps while MBing results in a lot of nextdelay damage/stun loss, and thus reduced mana efficiency. I particularly want to see if there's a way to reduce the stun loss, since while fire traps are "great" at stunning, against a slippery, high FHR char getting/keeping a stunlock can be bloody hard.

My theory goes like this: if the traps fire at a set rate, if I know the rate I can figure out on which frames a stack of five consecutive fire traps dropped at a certain trap laying speed will fire wakes. I can then select a speed that minimizes nextdelay overlap.

Other options include just figuring out a better mindblast/traplaying sequence or incorporating nextdelay-less lightning traps... Ug. Midterms first, detailed thinking later.