wake of fire for pvp trapsin...yes or no?

Quasimofo

Diabloii.Net Member
wake of fire for pvp trapsin...yes or no?

Ls and synergies maxed, 1 pnt in all shadow skills except venom...should I skill WoF?

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
Ls and synergies maxed, 1 pnt in all shadow skills except venom...should I skill WoF?
ive always contemplated making one, but never got around to it. PM Retrostar, i fought his... he had one it was incredible for pvp. stun lock was ridiculous on those traps. i believe he said 1600 listed dmg. (with infinity this would be a biotch) i fought him with my smiter, and lost. to give you an idea of my smiters res ill put it simply... he has 95res with uber mephs conviction on him. ^.^

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
imo

Yes every LS trapper should have 1 point in WoF for a different type of stun to better trap opponents, same as every fire trapper should have 1 point in LS.
Mixing up stun is great.

Remember: trapped opponent = dead opponent.
If your opponent is able to avoid your LS stun well, it may make more sense to catch them with WoF instead and drop more LS once they are stunned.

GreyGhost

Banned
ive always contemplated making one, but never got around to it. PM Retrostar, i fought his... he had one it was incredible for pvp. stun lock was ridiculous on those traps. i believe he said 1600 listed dmg. (with infinity this would be a biotch) i fought him with my smiter, and lost. to give you an idea of my smiters res ill put it simply... he has 95res with uber mephs conviction on him. ^.^
I was moderately successful against Retrostar by stacking fhr and teleporting around him.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I think he is talking about a pure LS trapper with a pt into WoF. Main purpose is for stunning, therefore one point with trap skillers and +skills would be enough. 1-2 WoF and rest LS and MB is good enough. By no means I am an assasin expert though.

When did you duel you people. :shocked:

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
I have allways been "in love" with the fire trapper.... though i have made many, they never seem to do well in pvp.
My dmg allways ends up near 12xx - 13xx

So RetroStar if its tru that you have a good fire pvp trapper,
could you plz give me some hints or tips.

every time i duel someone, they just put one inferno strides or dwarf star,
and then im pretty much done. :cry:

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
I have allways been "in love" with the fire trapper.... though i have made many, they never seem to do well in pvp.
My dmg allways ends up near 12xx - 13xx

So RetroStar if its tru that you have a good fire pvp trapper,
could you plz give me some hints or tips.

every time i duel someone, they just put one inferno strides or dwarf star,
and then im pretty much done. :cry:
I don't have any strats if they put on major resist. It's near impossible due to low dmg.

Though for me, I put on a claw with +3traps +3wof +2LS and put LS outside, so they think I am a LS trapper. :)

wizAdept

Diabloii.Net Member
Same problem as all elemental damage pvp builds, they can be sorbed.
Nothing you can do about that except try to find GM duels, in which fire trappers are a very viable pvp class.

RetroStar you on east nl?
iso asn vs asn duel.

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Same problem as all elemental damage pvp builds, they can be sorbed.
Nothing you can do about that except try to find GM duels, in which fire trappers are a very viable pvp class.

RetroStar you on east nl?
iso asn vs asn duel.
East NL

*star.

(with the period in the end)

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, i dont care about people that stack res to 95 and absorb, those are just a waste of time. But the fire trapper does allmost no dmg even with 85 res and no abs. And i think 85 fire res is fair.

Would really like a stronger fire trap....:prop:

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, i dont care about people that stack res to 95 and absorb, those are just a waste of time. But the fire trapper does allmost no dmg even with 85 res and no abs. And i think 85 fire res is fair.

Would really like a stronger fire trap....:prop:
1.5k-1.6k is pretty much the max you can go with perfect gear AFAIK.

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, 1.6 is pretty much perfect. But i like using Hoto + Spirit for 102 fcr on fire trappers, as MB is really important.
With that gear i can reach 1.2-1.3 (i think)
Just dossent seem to cut it.

Summerfun