Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wait, It's Monday?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ravenforce3, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Wait, It's Monday?

Well, since I don't see one floating around here anywhere, I guess I'll open one.

Haven't been playing a lot like I usually do. I just havent' felt like it of late. I managed to get my spear wielding wench through most of Normal. It's a long way to Stoneraven...

2. chase_encode

chase_encode IncGamers Member

Still haven't finished my skelly clone yet. Instead I plan on playing some sacred. I dl'ed it a couple days ago, started it up, found out it was the german version. So I have to find the english version now.

Jumped out of perfectly good aircraft today. Was a blast. :surprise:

-cheers
    :drink:

3. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

I finished Act 4 of Nightmare at last, Diablo going down to my fishymancer's army with shocking ease... now I need to brave the horrors of Act 5... :creep:

4. Kung Poo

Kung Poo IncGamers Member

... This is a rather small daily thread.. Everyone must be asleep.

Did a small amount of D2 this weekend, getting Nadia up to clvl 58, NM act 3. FO is obliterating everything, as usual. I'm almost up to 156 strength so I can equip my stormshield when the time comes.

I did have one death so far, in NM act II in the maggot lair. I ran around a corner, headfirst into a boss pack of scarabs, all extra strong/FE. Apparently the FE bug went into effect, because I heard 3 hits register in rapid succession, and the next thing I know, I'm dead. It all happened within a split second of meeting the boss group, and since I had 75 resist to everything, I assume it had to be the bug. Ah well, I went back, killed them, and recovered everything just fine.

In other news, my comic is now a little more than 50% completed, and I have basically 2 weeks left to finish it. Hopefully I can. I'm working my butt off for it, so I better at least get an honorable mention in this freakin contest.

Peace.

~K_P

5. ][ridium

][ridium IncGamers Member

Did a few pindle and pit runs with my strafezon Xsara (lvl 80 mf ~300%) Didnt find anythin worth noting. Started a MeteOrb sorc, been playin with P8 on, lvl 17 and just killed the smith. Lot less playing now coz im back at uni tomorrow..

6. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Nothing special here. Im waiting for MF olympics, this is the first time I have signed up for those. I think that will be very fun competition :)

I have really considered about remaking my bowazon. There is couple of flaws in her build that I really would like to fix. I should have planned her a bit more careful. Also I made a mistake when I decided to use String of Ears as her belt, Razortail is so much better. Too bad I have leveled her to 89 already :( I have also considered making somekind high-end bowazon guide, my amazon was quite successful

@ KP

Those fe scarabs are the most difficult single monsters in this game imo. No matter how much hp you have or how high your resists are, my WW druid (good resists and ~5k life) was killed by 3 lightnings when fighting fe scarabs on hell difficulty :( Also sometimes in MP games when our group reaches a pack of those creatures few deaths is almost a sure thing

7. Icebird

Icebird IncGamers Member

Morning all,

An update on the weekend.

I finally got pats and mats in all 7 classes when my werewolf druid beat Hell Baal. Take away the PI monsters and he was fun to play. I've been playing a lot of low or base vitality characters recently, so it was nice to walk around with almost 3000 life.

I also spent some time killing cows, solo and in groups. Destiny the zealot reached 92. I switched from a Defiance merc to a Holy Freeze model, and its working nicely for him.

Since my new computer arrived on Friday, I also wasted some time on Saturday playing the Sacred demo. Looks promising.

Chris

8. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Took my first steps into Hell yesterday with my lvl 63 trapsin. the lightning immune critters are taking a beating on my sin. I guess I need to gain a few more lvls before I try to get anywhere in Hell. The only thing I really have going for me is the twinked equipment giving me full resists to all.

9. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Try to level your assy to 75 by doing nm Baal runs on /players 8. It will help :)

10. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

I played Horace the Hamerdin through Act IV & V NM yesterday, beating Baal quite soundly about the neck and shoulders until his oh-so satisfying, wickedly revolting demise.

I was a little irritated by that mana burn/life burn attack of his. I was chugging blue potions like gatorade. Anyone have a solution for this attack? Any other Hammerdins have tips for Baal? Would % Damage goes to Mana defeat the drain...?

The drops were crap throughout the game. I had over 350 MF on switch at Players 8. Uggh.

I jumped into Act I Hell right after Baal, and was soundly trounced by a boss and his pack of Spike Fiends right outside the rogue camp. I really hate this game sometimes....

I love my hammers, though. I'm doing a good 4000+ per hammer now at lvl 71.

I guess I'll keep trudging along. :)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I started a nice little drawing for Dave in the Basement of a Necro and his minions yesterday. It's a slight change for me since it's a larger group, so that's a lot of fun. Let's hope it turns out....

11. Case_ofLogic

Case_ofLogic IncGamers Member

Took my level 50 lightning sorc from Act 1 NM to the beginning of Act 4 NM and she is now level 60. She kills most things pretty fast except for thosedamn lightning immunes which her Merc can hopefully kill if I feed him enough potions.

Oh ya, and the thing that made my weekend, while searching the Kurast Bazaar sewers I found a Lightning Skiller. I was so happy, considering I was using my lightning sorc...... what are the odds I would get a lightning skiller :lol:

12. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

I thought the same thing when i took my lvl 64 meterorb sorc into hell for the first time, i could kill but i was getting beat up by the quill rats and cold immune monsters, so i started doing NM Baal runs, i'm now at lvl 70 and i think i am going to wait untill i get to 75 before i start on hell again.

On another note while i was lvling over the weekend running andy, diablo, meph and baal i picked up a few mentionable items, off andy i got an Blade of Ali Baba, the extra 70 mf really helps, next on diablo i got Guardian Angel Templar Coat 196% Ed, then mepth decided to cough up a perfect 7% life steal The Eye of Etlich, after a few more rounds of lvling then baal decided to drop me my first 1.10 elite item Demon Limb Tyrant Club 208% ed with 11% LL, it may not be the best elite item but for NM baal droping it i was quite surprised. OPther mentionables were a GC 20% FR on it req lvl 7, an SC with 19 life and 8 mana on it, and a 15% FR LC, another SC with 10% FR and 9% gf on it, for some reson i find a lot of FR charms. Thats about all i can remember right now, but it was a good weekend for mf and lvling for me..

13. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

@cryist: Those are some good finds. It's pretty funny to get elite stuff in NM, huh? I've only seen it happen in Act V, but I guess NM Mephisto's drop table goes in to the low Elites.

Who did the painting in your avatar? That is sweet looking....

14. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

I'v had nm meph drop me a shako and a ss before on the realms, but i was suprised to get an elite item in nm sp though, as for my tar its really lady death, but she makes for a great looking sorceres. Its a comic recreation i think i d/l from wizzard.com. some people would just take images and make them into their favorite comic character. You should have seen the Vamprilla i had as a tar(i had to remove it becuase of its r rating it had), if you want to see the other ones that i have pm me and i'll send you the whole bunch..

15. WhiskeyJack

WhiskeyJack IncGamers Member

Paran the zealous pally made it past NM diablo last night. I'm happy, as it was a players 5. I actually had much more trouble with the darn oblivion nights, and died something like 4 times due to IM. Thank goodness for throwing spears...

Continuing on, I found my very first unique ring! woo! found ravenfrost from a unique demon imp thing (I don't remember what it's called, just that I they annoy me more than flayers, which says a lot) just before the entrance to the caverns. This is my first time in ActV NM, and it was interesting. it's nice to mostly have imps around the evil demon huts, and not all over the place.

16. Kaysaar

Kaysaar IncGamers Member

No D2 for the entire week. All my chars are at school while I'm at home during Spring Break. Oh well, I guess I'll find some other way to pass the time.

17. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Cleared Act One Hell with my HC Skelliemancer, and finished the first two quests in A2. CE is starting to take precedence now; as monster life is increased, it just wipes out packs at a time. Picked up a Jade Talon Wrist Sword, courtesy of some stiff in The Halls Of The Dead. Nearly at Level 80, and feeling anxious about the Arcane Sanctuary; the NM version was grueling, but if I get through that and Duriel, I am confident I'll get throuigh the rest of the game OK.

Steve