Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

W/L/SC Odd runeword bug?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by retrodeviant, May 11, 2008.

1. retrodeviant

retrodeviant IncGamers Member

W/L/SC Odd runeword bug?

Ive had this happen during 3 of my xfers and the most recent one i lost a 411 ebotdz when i was xfering it in some 10 hour trading game with 1 afk guy in it.

I dropped ebotdz runeword, coa( ber ber ), some 20 lifers and 15 dracs from my barb in a really obscure place (sewers level 1, act 3) and left game.

I guess all of a sudden the noobs and their set masks flooded in and the game was full for like 15 min... i come back and ebotdz is gone, everything else is still there.

Same thing happened when I got a short ( maybe 25 min ) temp restriction and my 3 bo cta ebotdz greifz crap spirit poofed in one of the roofless houses in lost city .. while the 12-14 hrs i dropped along with it were not touched...

Obviously nobody stole it because why wouldn't they take 10 inventory of hrs over a 3 bo cta and crap spirit!?!?!?!?!? O_O

Can someone explain .... is it because the runes are duped because i made the griefs and both ebotdz myself, or do runewords just poof quickly?

2. ffejrxx

ffejrxx IncGamers Member

Re: W/L/SC Odd runeword bug?

runewords are regular items

you could have been close on the times
    fyi, barbs only see upto 3 bo on cta (due to oskill limits)
    check them on another class to see if it is higher

3. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

Re: W/L/SC Odd runeword bug?

That page is outdated, but hey. Gold lasts indefinitely, and ethereal items last for less time than non-eth versions.

The main point that runewords count the same as white/grey items, and that they poof before magic/set/rare/unique still stands.

EDIT: typo