Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

W.I.P Fallen Rider painting

Discussion in 'Fan Creations: Art, Music, Wallpapers, Fiction' started by johntorrio, May 24, 2009.

1. johntorrio

johntorrio IncGamers Member

W.I.P Fallen Rider painting

Its been a long time since I've done anything diablo related and with the new screenshots and monsters being released I figured what better time. Tonight was very quite at work so I've been working on this for most the night. Of course there is a good amount more to do and I think for the time being I'm gonna keep it black and white. I wont decide on if I'll make it color or not until I'm done. Comments and crits are much appreciated.

[​IMG]

2. Popeye

Popeye IncGamers Member

Re: W.I.P Fallen Rider painting

wow that was fast

3. vinke07

vinke07 IncGamers Member

very cool picture!!!

added to my fan art diablo folder

4. johntorrio

thanks for the compliments.

Well this is kind of a backstep to get me in the right direction. The hound in the first picture looked way to piggish but I only have a profile reference to go by so there was a lot of guesswork involved. Luckly I stumbled upon the 360 animation of it so I was able to take some screen clips of it and refine it in the update. I also hinted at some other characters and put a building in the upper right corner. Surely a lot more work to do before I call it done but I got to get the foundation finished first before I can start tightening it up.

[​IMG]

5. Popeye

Popeye IncGamers Member

great improvement, now the hound looks way scarier

6. johntorrio

Thanks popeye!

Ok a much more refined update. Changes the perspective of the troops. Now their marching up over the hills. Tightened up the characters and added some mountains in the background. I'm having a lot of fun with this and very little frustration. For me its usually the other way around. I'll post more updates as they come.

[​IMG]

7. Flux

Flux Administrator

i like the POV of this one. with it charging right at the viewer. the fallen seem pretty art-o-genic in D3; kind of smiling lunatics who kill and die with a cheerfulness you don't often see in demons. Hopefully not too reminiscent of the goblin mad bombers of War2, and whatever version of them has evolved into WoW.

8. oOmpie

oOmpie IncGamers Member

Great sketch so far!

9. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Awesome sketch John, and glad to see you back its been a while man, hope everythings alright. Can't wait to see what you will do with this cool art piece.

HK

10. Holyknight3000

Holyknight3000 D3 Fan Creations Forum Moderator

Hey john, here's a suggestion. Try and do what delowyn did. He made his own gallery on the website and showed just like you have been here. Step by step changes and thought processess all the way. Also with imageshack you get bandwidth exceeded problems. With this site here only thing you'd have to worry about is the occasional website down and this site rarely is down.

It's just a thought and an idea for you, keep up the good work on the artwork, see you next time you post an update!

HK

11. johntorrio

Hey Holyknight,

Thanks for the tip. I think its a great idea and I'll do it one of these days that I have off this week. I've totally been slacking on it since the last update because I've been working on projects for clients but I'm gonna find some time this week to polish this up. Who knows, I may even color it but at this point I just want to get a good value study and go from there.