VOTING day!!!

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Please don't tell me you wrote me in for President. I still have to wait 5 more years before I'm old enough
I could only vote you president after I see you screaming like a girl falling from a plane.

Then, I have respect for you :laugh: .

You do know that is a joke, no?

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm old enough to be pres, and I do have some experience running the OTF.

I should campaign. I couldn't do any worse than that poser we have in there now.

*Starts planning how to re-decorate the White House using the "Wagon Wheel and 'Diller" theme. :scratch:

Who else immediately thought of a 'diller skin rug in front of a fireplace with wagon wheel prints going across it's back?

I can't vote. However I have had no less than 10 phone calls asking me specifically to go vote. . .I am not going to vote for that ***** Claire McCaskill.

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Now, someone in INS getup at the polling stations in California would be a different kettle of fish entirely. :wave:
The grounds may be valid if there is prior unlawful voting. But the INS with their meager budget is the wrong policing organization.

Besides, I just used the electronic voting machine for the first time today. And that by itself may just deter voting. I can't believe it's a cross between a Las Vegas slot machine a 1st generation nitendo.

Athelstan

Diabloii.Net Member
I can't vote. However I have had no less than 10 phone calls asking me specifically to go vote. . .I am not going to vote for that ***** Claire McCaskill.
You can't vote? I thought you were at least 18? What are you, an ex-felon or something?:azn:

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Kow..tell me about it.

My mom is back in the hospital with congestive heart failure so I have to answer the phone. 99% of those calls were from candidates.

It got to be so annoying.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm very interested to see what the results are going to be. Any idea when the tallies will be finished?

Well, the polls here in Lancaster, Pa got ****ed up around 12:00 PM, so they're extending voting time until 9:00 PM. That didn't take long to happen, now did it?

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone know why we're still adhering to this ancient rule to vote on a Tuesday?

I'd rather do it on a weekend when I'm free.

Sokar Rostau

Diabloii.Net Member
Does anyone know why we're still adhering to this ancient rule to vote on a Tuesday?

I'd rather do it on a weekend when I'm free.
Having it on a Tuesday guarantees a lower voter turnout than if it was on a weekend. Less voters means a more "manageable" election.

You can't vote? I thought you were at least 18? What are you, an ex-felon or something?:azn:
I'm not 18 until Dec 27.

As for voting on a tuesday, you are probably less likely to be doing something than if it were on Saturday and I'm sure having it on a Sunday would make lots of people mad.

It's tradition to vote on a Tuesday. I suspect back when the Founding Fathers created this, Tuesday was the day none of them had to attend lodge. Although it may have been the very day they had to go so they had an additional reason to go to town.

This post brought to you by the Department of randomly-pulling-things-out-of-arses - a division of Homeland Security.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
Having it on a Tuesday guarantees a lower voter turnout than if it was on a weekend. Less voters means a more "manageable" election.
Kind of like making tax day at around the opposite end of the calendar. :wink2:

I did something shameful tonight, BTW - voted an all-GOP ticket for the first time evah. :cry: I couldn't believe there were so many Democrats on the Independence ticket in New York. Through the looking glass, or something... of course, the Conservative party of NY, well, isn't.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I voted this morning and all was well then.

For the sake of First Responders, I hope Senator Allen beats Webb.