VOTING day!!!

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
VOTING day!!!

Everyone get your ugly-behind down to the voting booths and VOTE!

Take either your DRIVER'S LICENSE or State ID card.

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Forgot to get an absentee ballot before the deadline... oops.

But I don't think I could vote with confidence for any of the candidates in my state, to be honest.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
"If you're a Republican, be sure to take your white sheet so you can scare minorities away from the polls!"

H4n h4n, this "partisan sniping" crap is fun. Thanks for turning me on to the game, fellers!

jimmyboy

Diabloii.Net Member
Forgot to get an absentee ballot before the deadline... oops.

But I don't think I could vote with confidence for any of the candidates in my state, to be honest.

You don't have to vote for a candidate.

I'm sure that there are tons of state PROPOSALS for you to vote on. These will probably have a more direct impact on you than your candidates.

Example - California has multiple proposals to tax oil companies (revenge bill) and cigarette smokers (another revenge bill).

bg1256

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, the biggest proposal in MI this year has to do with hunting regulations... at least as far as I know. I'm in NJ as a student, and I forgot to get my ballot... and I also didn't track the election beyond the candidates who are running for office.

oban

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't have to vote for a candidate.

I'm sure that there are tons of state PROPOSALS for you to vote on. These will probably have a more direct impact on you than your candidates.
Right. And don't forget the truly local elections (school board, sheriff, fire, judicial, etc.) amidst the broader ones (senate, gubernatorial, etc.) which are not coincidentally the ones you see plastered across every form of media.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Let me paraphrase Scott Adam's view on voting:
"If thousands of highly trained experts can't agree on who I should I vote for, what chance do I have of choosing the right one?"

That said, I'll probably be voting for the first time in about half an hour.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
"If you're a Republican, be sure to take your white sheet so you can scare minorities away from the polls!"
Actually, I'd love to see some doofus show up at a polling station in a white sheet. One less moronic cracker to contaminate the gene pool...

Now, someone in INS getup at the polling stations in California would be a different kettle of fish entirely. :wave:

Remember to vote for the American and not the Democrat! :laugh:

Also don't forget that due to the expected large voter turnout, Republicans vote today, Democrats vote tomorrow

Talga Vasternich

Diabloii.Net Member
jmervyn said:
Now, someone in INS getup at the polling stations in California would be a different kettle of fish entirely. :wave:
You couldn't possibly be suggesting that illegal immigrants would try to vote in this election. :shocked:
That's voter fraud.
I'm sure both Democrats and Republicans actively discourage that kind of thing.

jmervyn

Diabloii.Net Member
You couldn't possibly be suggesting that illegal immigrants would try to vote in this election. :shocked:
That's voter fraud.
I'm sure both Democrats and Republicans actively discourage that kind of thing.
Talga, a suggestion: make sure to use the [/sarcasm] tag. I can't count the number of times people on the OTF have, er, missed the boat... :jig:

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
We just got back from voting. Well, we were there at 10ish. I was surprised how many people turned out, especially the younger generation. I have never had to wait in line to vote, even for a presidential election. Hopefully they are coming out in droves to get the Repubs out of the statehouse. We also had a few issues to vote on: minimum wage increase, repeal of the current smoking ban, a new smoking ban and legalized gambling.

I have mixed feelings on the touchscreen voting issue.