Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Vote!!!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by -.kreizi.-, Mar 3, 2004.

1. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

Vote!!!

Gamespy is running a huge bracket of head to head votes for your favorite game in many categories. Diablo II is among the several Blizzard games in the running, and right now it's going neck and neck with Knights of the New Republic, some sort of Star Wars game. You know what to do. Once D2 wins this one it will be up against the winner of Baldur's Gate 2 and Fallout 2, and then on from there until it's crowned the most popular game of all time. Stay tuned.

http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0124.shtml

lets get us a WIN!!!! :winner: :clap:

2. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

wait a minute, baldur and fallout are also great game.

3. -.kreizi.-

-.kreizi.- IncGamers Member

still D2 is better:)

edit: but then again i havent played those two so......:teeth:

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

D2 is just 1700 votes ahead of KotOR, so keep voting :teeth:

5. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

i voted already for 15 minutes straight :teeth:

now i need to get back to work, but everybody, keep voting :)

6. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

And it is gonna win

D2 is 1800 votes in front....I think we're there :)

7. necronomicon

necronomicon IncGamers Member

The only thing is: Fallout is much, much better game than Diablo. Simple as that.

8. XaviarGangrel

XaviarGangrel IncGamers Member

Fallout is a truely great game, but I dont think its exactly better, since it is infact so incredibly different. I think what makes D2 the overall best game, is that its so easy to just pick up and play, and still has a huge following and is attracting new players all the time. Fallout never managed to attract the sheer scale of audience that D2 has managed over its years.

9. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

I second the motion. For a game that's nearly 4 years old, D2 does stand up very well. Look at us! Why are we here? At this forum! Because D2 is a game we're STILL hooked on! That is worth D2 being named greatest game of all time IMHO.

Another example of something that stands up well is Doctor Who. This is a British TV Sci-Fi series that ended in 1989. A year or two ago it was voted greatest TV show of all time in Britian. More than 10 years after it ended.

Something that stands the test of time, whether it's a TV show or a game, is worth it's weight in gold! And if it can keep its' audience after all that time... Need I go on?

10. MikeCarroll

MikeCarroll IncGamers Member

d2 is a great game and ill vote for it... until it is against Starcraft. Oh man that games amazing.

11. narfman0

narfman0 IncGamers Member

Diablo II is definately going far on my list... just keep posting d2 links kreizi!

12. Spook_Cell

Spook_Cell IncGamers Member

Neck and neck....hmm I see a lead of around 4k

I won't vote since I haven't tested both games and therefore I would be impartial.

I wouldn't want to falsify the results :teeth:

13. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

It's an interesting bracket. D2 will end up in a face-off with Starcraft and Warcraft (and an unknown 3rd game). Looks like Blizzard would be the big winner.

14. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

Well, I have to say that if it comes down to a straight match between Diablo 2 and Fallout 2, I'm voting for Fallout. (He says, sidling toward the door to avoid the broken bottles and great axes).

Reason? I thought when I played it, and I still think now, that Fallout 2 is the best computer RPG ever written. It's one of the few I've played where your actions actually have a real influence on the way the world develops.

Diablo 2, while being great fun, is nonetheless extremely linear; nothing you do seems to really have any influence on the world. Hell, you can kill Andariel a million times and she'll still be lurking around in the bowels of the Monastery the next game. That, to me, is why it isn't up there with Fallout.

Now I think I shall exit stage left to avoid the flames I see coming my way... :)

15. Vranic

Vranic IncGamers Member

Don't worry, no flames. :wave:
    I just look at it in a different way. I have played both games......BUT...I still play D2 and Fall out i stopped playing a long time ago. Therefor in my opinion Diablo is better....;)

16. necronomicon

necronomicon IncGamers Member

Don't get me wrong: Diablo is a fun game, and it's mostly alive because of the multiplayer. But Fallout is truly a piece of art - you can play it in so many different ways. It IS actually a RPG, while Diablo is an isometric action game with RPG elements. Also, Fallout has one of the most fanatic fanbase on the net, and there are still people making mods, posting in forums etc.

Comparing the two is like comparing Bach and, say, Justin Timberlake - Bach is one of the greatest masters of music composition, a real artist, while Justin is a great entertainer, but you can't seriously compare entertainers and artists. That's all...

17. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

I'll join the flock of the fallout fans on this one. :) I'd choose fallout 2 over D2 any day of the week. No big surprise, considering I wrote my first guide for Fallout 2. Probably I'd chose BG2 over D2, too. D2 is all good and well, but it's really just collecting items and killing stuff. To me, there's no depth to it, and hardly any atmosphere like in true RPGs and that's what it takes to get 10/10 out of the fish guy. :D

18. Oblivion

Oblivion IncGamers Member

What is fallout and where can i get it?

thanks

19. Nightfish

Nightfish IncGamers Member

Erm... At Tschernobyl? :teeth: No, seriously, fallout is one of *the* best CRPGs for the PC. (actually there are 2 fallouts: 1 and 2) You might still be able to get them at your local game store or directly from interplay. Both are pretty old so you'd have to be lucky I guess. I'd recommend using the US version if possible. (not the UK version)

here's a link: http://www.interplay.com/fallout/

here's another link: http://www.interplay.com/fallout2/

20. Oblivion

Oblivion IncGamers Member

hmmm....old.....so it will be really hard to get

how many people here have a copy?

thanks