Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DOG

• PX

• Total voters

Canister

Diabloii.Net Member
Vote: Most prefered Bow (not including windforce and BOTD)

Please Vote which is the most prefered Bow for PIT runs and act 4 runs
All are socketed with NEF and using LAYING OF HANDS

Upgraded Lycanders
EagleHorn
GoldStrike

Any commets will be greatly appreciated.

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
well white members cant vote but i say upgraded lycanders aim

because its gives you huge bonuses and it deals quite some damage too

Krunch_Kidney

Diabloii.Net Member
Snbzon said:
upgrade the eaglehorn and it will be prefect =)
eaglehorn cannot be upgraded cause it is already an elite. Well, there's a thread that demonstrates that goldstrike is 2nd only to windforce and botd for pit runs. With the 50%ias on the bow, you don't have to worry so much bout speed and can boost your mf, plus I just think the bow is really cool

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Although Lycanders would be better for casters. And while you can't upgrade an eaglehorn, you can upgrade Goldstrike. The upgraded Goldstrike is a great poor man's WF or BoTD. Against Demons, its pretty close and it has great mods. Go with that.

Krunch_Kidney

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
Although Lycanders would be better for casters. And while you can't upgrade an eaglehorn, you can upgrade Goldstrike. The upgraded Goldstrike is a great poor man's WF or BoTD. Against Demons, its pretty close and it has great mods. Go with that.
Actually, a regular goldstrike has been shown to be better than an upgraded goldstrike due to the saved stat pts that can be placed in dex.

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Krunch_Kidney said:
Actually, a regular goldstrike has been shown to be better than an upgraded goldstrike due to the saved stat pts that can be placed in dex.

Wow, that's surprising. But good to know. And I can definately understand the math on that.

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
Where's WWS? An upgraded WWS with good sockets can easily rival any of these bows....even in the Pit.

-X

adddm

Diabloii.Net Member
Xiamet said:
Where's WWS? An upgraded WWS with good sockets can easily rival any of these bows....even in the Pit.

-X

I completely agree, upgraded WWS rocks!

tydon

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, no. WWS is not in the same ballpark as shown by the calculations recently.

100% Breath of the Dying crusader
81% Windforce (shael - 79% if clean)
73% Eaglehorn (shael - 56% if clean)
71% Lycander's Aim (shael - 69% if clean) - note that you won't have str enough for either Tal's armor or Skullder's (better than Eagle at 0 or 20% ias, though, and overtakes Eagle at clvl 92 for 10% ias)
70% Lycander's Aim 84 str (shael - 68% if clean) - note that you won't have str enough for Skullder's
69% Goldstrike (shael or clean) (overtakes Eagle at clevel 95 for 0% ias, and at clevel 98 for 20% ias)
66% Buriza (shael - 59% if clean) (overtakes GSA at clevel 90 for 0 or 10% ias from gear and at clevel 93 for 20% ias, overtakes Eagle at clevel 91 for 0% ias and at 94 for 10 and 20% ias, overtakes Lyc at clvl 94 - lvl 91 for the 84 str Lyc - for 0 and 10% ias and at clvl 98 - 96 for 84 str Lyc - for 20% ias)
66% Upgraded Lycander's Aim (shael - 65% if clean)
64% Upgraded Goldstrike (shael or clean)
62% "real" Goldstrike (shael or clean)
61% Upgraded Riphook (shael) - note that you won't have str enough for either Tal's armor or Skullder's, and at 0% ias, this is the worst bow
57% Upgraded Buriza (shael - 51% if clean) (will overtake some of the bows at higher levels, but as the unupgraded version does better - and is cheaper - I haven't bothered finding the exact levels)
53% Upgraded Witchwild String (2xshael)

For pits, without calculating in DS, CS, and piercing, but calculating in AMP.

As you see, it falls short.

YogiRat

Diabloii.Net Member
Ah-oh! They are on to us. They know that us Witchyzons have been doing it all along with smoke and mirrors :lol: Seriously though, not factoring in Deadly Strike is a major flaw in that study. It may be more important than Amp to a Witchwild user.

tydon

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have high critical, then DS is basically a small small bonus, as it would come in to effect only a small overall % of the time.