Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Voice of Reason for a Frost Zealot?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by creatine_rage_2002, Mar 21, 2005.

1. creatine_rage_2002

creatine_rage_2002 IncGamers Member

Voice of Reason for a Frost Zealot?

I made a Voice of Reason Cryptic Sword a while back and I am in the process of making a Frost Zealot to use it.

Will the -24% to Enemy Cold Resistance on the sword work with the Holy Freeze aura?

2. Euro-Crash

Euro-Crash IncGamers Member

It would. You would need a total of 45% IAS to reach a 5fpa Zeal and 145% IAS to reach 4fpa. As a Frost Zealot veteran I have to say this is not a good weapon to use. DOOM would be much better... and even then, I would not use DOOM.

IMHO, the Frost Zealot is a build that shines with CRUSHING BLOW and a mercenary that has a Reaper's Toll. Being overly reliant on Cold Damage is a weakness.

Go for a different weapon. Save your runes...

3. creatine_rage_2002

creatine_rage_2002 IncGamers Member

So then what would you suggest?

I have a Nords, B-star, Stormlash....

4. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

Stormlash all the way!

Try Heavens light too! ;)

/Dec

5. bloog

bloog IncGamers Member

"Black" is fun too. In eighter a flail or a scourge.

6. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

voice of reason isn't a bad choice of runewords, but you would be better off with it in a phase blade. Reason being is of course the base speed of the weapon. a better solution would be to figure out how to get the crushing blow most want without giving up the increased attack speed for 5 fpa (or in my case, 4 fpa...I like max framerate with phases). Andariels visage with an ias jewel, highlords and 20 ias gloves would get it. You can get crushing on crafted blood gloves, 15% from duress (also offers nice defense, resists, fhr, and some ed), 15-25 percent from boots, etc. So its not as much as most get, but its enough to make quite a difference, and therfore, more than enough reason to try it. You don't have to be like everyone else, but there are somethings you should consider for the effective part. Good luck!

--welt

7. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

I am currently playing a version of a Teslafroster and I used a rune sword in which I had made a voice of reason. I used it as soon as the rune word allowed it and for a mid level weapon I have found it worked quite nicely. I won't be using it as end game weapon though. There is one major problem with that weapon, it has no ITD or - % to monsters defense and depending on the route you'll follow, you can end up having problems hitting your enemies. This can be avoided by having a good AR but in general paladins that use an elemental offensive aura don't have very good AR unless you really built your character with that in mind