Voice of Reason and Frost Zealots.

chipmc

Diabloii.Net Member
Voice of Reason and Frost Zealots.

I've been away from the game for a few months and have been toying with the idea of coming back and making a frost zealot. I've been rooting around in my mules that haven't deleted themselves and salvaged most of the standard PvM zealot gear: Guillaume's, GA, HoZ, Gores, Highlords, LoH (will trade for some Drac's later on) and Raven, D-Star, T-Gods for the 3-way absorb. The only thing I'm not too sure on at the moment is a weapon.

I've been looking through the lists on Arreat Summit and one caught my eye, the Voice of Reason runeword. This thing seems to be made for this build, like the Creasent Moon for Tesladins, of which I've made a couple that were moderatly succesfull. But there's a couple of things about it that has me worried. Up to 350% damage to demons and 300% damage to undead covers about 99% of the monsters in the game, but there's no straight ED. I imagine this won't be much of a problem until I get to act 5 hell with the cold immune abomidables, who are neither demon nor undead. But I'm still kinda worried about the effectiveness of this weapon. Has anyone tried this weapon on this type of build before? And if so, how well did it perform.

Or should I just forget all of that and find myself a Heaven's Light. :lol:

On a little unrealated topic, I got the runes to upgrade the GA, HoZ, and Gores. Heck, probably even the T-Gods. Would this be a good idea or is that only beneficial to a build uber-izing their defence with a maxed Holy Shield and Defience?

IMCanadian

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I havnt made a frost zealot, but Heavens is the top rated weapon. VoR is cheap, so have both a heavens and a VoR in your stash. Um just so you no too, t-godz isnt sorb its only +20 dmg not +20%. You should only up what the buid already has enough str for.

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
chipmc said:
I've been away from the game for a few months and have been toying with the idea of coming back and making a frost zealot. I've been rooting around in my mules that haven't deleted themselves and salvaged most of the standard PvM zealot gear: Guillaume's, GA, HoZ, Gores, Highlords, LoH (will trade for some Drac's later on) and Raven, D-Star, T-Gods for the 3-way absorb. The only thing I'm not too sure on at the moment is a weapon.

I've been looking through the lists on Arreat Summit and one caught my eye, the Voice of Reason runeword. This thing seems to be made for this build, like the Creasent Moon for Tesladins, of which I've made a couple that were moderatly succesfull. But there's a couple of things about it that has me worried. Up to 350% damage to demons and 300% damage to undead covers about 99% of the monsters in the game, but there's no straight ED. I imagine this won't be much of a problem until I get to act 5 hell with the cold immune abomidables, who are neither demon nor undead. But I'm still kinda worried about the effectiveness of this weapon. Has anyone tried this weapon on this type of build before? And if so, how well did it perform.

Or should I just forget all of that and find myself a Heaven's Light. :lol:

On a little unrealated topic, I got the runes to upgrade the GA, HoZ, and Gores. Heck, probably even the T-Gods. Would this be a good idea or is that only beneficial to a build uber-izing their defence with a maxed Holy Shield and Defience?
Heavens light! Or you might consider stormlash too... :uhhuh:

/Dec