vlld druid?

FlakyBizcuit

Diabloii.Net Member
vlld druid?

i am planning on making a very low level dueler (vlld), which will be a shapeshifting druid.
i was wondering if anyone has done this before, and could help me out with skill distribution and items. here is what i have so far:

items:

-6 socketed superior maul (6 flawed skulls)
-a druid helm with +lycanthropy, oke sage, or werewolf (3 socketed)
-gothic plate (4 socketed)
-Death's gloves and belt (for IAS bonus)
-Hotspur Boots
-+80AR rings and amulet
-+strength charms

skills (i will grush him with all of the quests, so i will have 22 total skill points):

-9 werewolf
-9 lycanthropy
-4 oak sage

stat distribution:

strength: 70 (the strength charms will add most of the points)

dexterity: default (i have enough +AR and no shield)

energy: default (why the heck would i?)

vitality: all remaining

is this a good build?

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I didn't have to come straight out and just say no, but I don't think it has enough potential to be good.

Leech doesn't work in PVP.

Shieldless (especially at VLLD) = coma permanently for you.

There aren't many casters in VLLD but even so, just about any other character at VLLD would rape this one.

If you were dead set to make one, I would suggest these changes:

Bah, I don't even know since Druids are so heavily weapon dependent and the options you have at this level are pretty damn slim. I'm sorry for not being much help but I truly wouldn't suggest this build. Bash Barbarians, Smite Paladins, Jab Amazons, and Tiger Strike Assasins are all quite potent at level 9. I'd be glad to try and help with one of those builds.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
Make a lvl 12 Feral Wolf. I had one with 800 life and a subpar weapon but it was holding it's own against TS Kickers. I used Clegaw for the DS but that's purely up to you.

bobofuzzlymunky

Diabloii.Net Member
I wish I didn't have to come straight out and just say no, but I don't think it has enough potential to be good.

Leech doesn't work in PVP.

Shieldless (especially at VLLD) = coma permanently for you.
leech does work in pvp, but i believe its like 4 health for every 1000 dmg.... shieldless is a bad idea... and a maul will be intensely slow, considering some VLLD-ers get like 500+ dmg, youll be eating it every hit. -.-

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
Regardless of if it works it doesn't work effectively. I still don't suggest making a LLD Druid below level 29 (Shael rune).

At level 30 I would suggest this:

Merciless Cutlass of Swiftness (Shael Shael)
4* 20 Max Jewels Armor
3* 20 Max Jewels Helmet / 2 OS +2 SS 2* 20 Max Jewel Circlet
Grim/Bone Shield of Deflecting (2* 20 Max Jewels)
Angelic Amulet
Angelic Ring
Angelic Ring
String of Ears
Bloodfist
Sander's Boots

Switch:

War Scythe with enough Shael runes to hit the 4 frame fury BP. I'm pretty sure it can hit it. This is just a random blurb of equipment suggestion by the way.

FlakyBizcuit

Diabloii.Net Member
maccat- i will consider making one of those other builds but im so damn stubborn im gonna have to go along with the druid idead

Verashiden- hmmm, its probably gonna be tough to have a level 12 VLLD.

bobofuzzlymunky- i will probably try using a shield with a 1H weapon. Druids have an IAS bonus with mauls, plus i will have deaths belt and gloves, which gives an attack speed bonus of 30%, AND werewolf also has a bonus, so im all set for that. about the shield, i hope to have enough defense and life steal to not need a chance to block, but i might have a 1H wep and a shield on my weapon switch

xXemeryXx

Diabloii.Net Member
what level are you planning to go up to? because with fury only Wias works any other sources are useless

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
make a lvl 12 maul bear.
use Khalims Will as a weapon, and a Bone Shield of Deflection(shoppable at this mage guy in Lut Gholin) socketed by Larzuk for two open sox(magic items get 1 or two sox randomly).best if the shield had a nice prefix of course.
use +3 maul 3 sox helm for fighting, and something like +3 Oak spirit, +3 Werebear, +3 lycantrophy for shifting prebuffing. Since Khalims Will is a mace with base speed of 0, you need 25% IAS to hit 9 frame breakpoint.

The bear could be built around several ideas - you can try to maximiaze damage using all sockets in your gear for +max damage jewels, but you could also try to have huge life using them for rubies. The other idea is to go for huge defense.

Which one is the best - I don't know. I have heard that maul bears are perfectly viable in lvl 12-24 dueling though.

Maccat

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm still not sure why you're still using life leech. It's not effective in PVP anymore.

Also, outside IAS has little or no affect on the framerate when in wereform. I'm probably slighty off with this but I think I'm more or less close.

olwe

Diabloii.Net Member
FlakyBizcuit said:
plus i will have deaths belt and gloves, which gives an attack speed bonus of 30%, AND werewolf also has a bonus, so im all set for that.
Remember, werewolf fury speed is only dependent on the on-weapon IAS, so the bonus from the death's belt and gloves won't help.

Flayed One

Diabloii.Net Member
you're wrong olwe. OIAS helps(especially at slower speeds which generally means in llds), but it's much less effective then WIAS.

Verashiden

Diabloii.Net Member
^ Is correct. At VLLD the 30 from Death Gloves is noticable.

Also, I made a lvl 12 Feral Wolf, he rocked. The only downside is that Wolves are interuptable, unlike those cursed kickers. Oh, and I had ~800 life. Go go VLLD tank!